“Great for families”

Best Western Plus Cairn Croft Hotel
Ranked #9 of 127 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Stayed for two nights with my mom. It was a great hotel but is further from the falls so just be aware of that when booking. It's about a 5-10 minute car ride. The pool was terrific. Very busy all the time but it was great and there are two hot tubs as well which is great. Rooms were very clean, beds were extremely comfortable, and the pillows were also very comfortable. Overall good experience. The attached restaurant is also great! Went for breakfast once and dinner and it was great.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank renee356
Write a ReviewReviews (1,473)

Reviewed July 6, 2014

This is a clean hotel that offers a restaurant on site. The rooms outline the pool courtyard and if you would like quiet... this is not the hotel for you. Also, oddly, the bathroom full wall windows face the parking lot... so do your business during the day if you seek privacy. The staff was friendly in telling us the Falls were just 1 1/2 miles away... walking distance. It's more like 2 1/2 miles and all down hill so unless you're physically fit... don't walk. For the price this was a descent hotel.

Room Tip: Away from courtyard pool area and parking lot.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2014

I traveled here with my 4 and 14 year old. Overall, I would say it is a great place for families with children, especially if they like to swim. I'm big on cleanliness and the rooms were very clean. Great indoor recreational area that had a large indoor pool and play area that also included an arcade. Our room was actually a few steps away from the pool, and the kids loved it. I think its worth mentioning that when we visited, the pool was incredibly busy. The couple of hot tubs they had were also very busy...many times with a lot of the kids from the big pool. The arcade was quite expensive, so we did not play any of the games there. The staff were very friendly, helpful and accommodating. There was also a great Irish restaurant adjacent to the hotel that had some pretty delicious food. Some of the negatives of the hotel included the parking charges. I could understand if it was closer to the falls but it really isn't. We ended up taking the WeGo (local bus transportation) to the falls which had a stop conveniently located right in front of the hotel. This saved us from paying for another parking fee at the falls. We also had pretty bad wifi reception. I don't know if this is where our room was located, but it really hampered our internet searches. All in all, it is one of the better Best Westerns that we've stayed in and an overall great experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jessica N Joe T
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We had a lovely stay at the Cairn Croft in. The front desk folks took very good care of us. I chose this hotel for the price and the pool and was not disappointed. The pool area was great both the swimming pool and the hot tubs. The rooms were very clean and nicely apppointed. My only gripe is the towels! They were horribly scratchy and it is ironic to me that they have a big sign in the bathroom giving the prices you will be charged if you steal the towels. I can't imagine anyone wanting these towels. There is a WeGo stop right out front making it very easy to get to the falls. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Stayed here for one night on Canada day 1st July, the room was nice and big, nice comfortable beds, and free wifi. The staff were very friendly and always happy to help or just say hello. I guess the only negative was no fridge like some other hotels, there is a coffee maker in the room. They have a nice pool. Next door is a large grocery store, on the other side is McDonald's and a Wendy's across the road, with lots of other eateries in the street. The me-go bus service is right at the front door for $7 you can travel all day into Niagara and back. There is a Irish pub attached to this hotel called Doc Magillians we had the best time here, nice meal, nice cold beer and very friendly service recommend visiting it. The most enjoyable hotel I've stayed at during my holiday.

Room Tip: Nothing to mention about a good room, maybe closer to
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We booked June 30-July 1 to take the kids to a beautiful pool and let them swim their hearts out. My wife saw the picture of the pool and the playplace and of course, carefully and meticulously researches any place we are going to. We were not disappointed! Lady at checkout desk was friendly enough; explained where to park (I am always disoriented everytime I go somewhere and don't know where to turn into a place), which i appreciated. I don't want to guess. Tell me where to go and how to get to my room! The parking was very close to our room. In fact, everything was close together: car parking, back entrance to area, change area for men and women, exercise area, pool, our room location. It was like one central area--linking two hotel room buildings together. I didn't have to walk 5 miles to get to my car or try to find the vending machines in another timezone. Everything was locatable and findable. Excellent! Room was clean. We had two queen beds. Toilet was running a lot, but it had another bigger problems: sucker flowed over, but maintenance person came promptly and fixed that problem. We wanted to stay till 5 PM and for 35.00 bucks we could, so our kids could swim extra time. My wife got this place through aeroplan so not sure what price was. Restaurant was a little pricey so didn't eat here (we ate "breakfast" at Golden Griddle on Ferry street down the road; oh my heavens, don't ever do that). Kids loved the pool. Pool was clean enough. They loved it. Lots of clean towels available. Some of the staff working here smiled when they walked by us so it seemed like a friendly place. Place was close to other restaurants: pizza hut, Tim Horton's. Close to an outlet mall that we went to (pass Dorchester to get to it). Men's change room (near the pool) was very clean and close to pool. We never got to play in the children's playplace, since my kids spent 6+ hours in that pool in total. Restaurant/cafeteria next to pool was closed (whenever I was there). Not sure why. Tables close to pool looked nice, but they were not used since little restaurant was not open. Real trees around the pool and huge natural area around the pool give it a natural feeling and not a closed-in, artificial hemmed in, chlorine smell. Very nice, natural touch. We had a room facing the pool, and so didn't notice that much noise. I don't mind a little noise. I don't like quiet graveyard-like places with people walking around who are seemingly allergic to noise and little kids. If you don't like little kids or noise, don't book room facing pool. We encountered no such beings like this here, but I was on the lookout for them. My kids are well behaved and mannerly. Didn't get to try out internet. Room controls for air conditioning were very easy to manipulate (just turn a dial and press a switch for automatic). Highly recommend this place. Will come back here again, if God and time permits.

Room Tip: If you don't like noise, don't book pool side. I didn't hear much noise but I sleep like...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank BlueRibbonBologna
Reviewed July 1, 2014

This hotel is okay, bad locale. My wife and I were walking back from the Falls (about a 1/2 hour walk) at 10:30 pm and there was a prostitute walking in front of us who had just left one hotel, spoke with a john on her cell phone to get his room number and then went into his hotel. All the hotels along the walk from the Falls to this Best Western we're seedy looking. This hotel is about 1.5 miles away from the Falls yet they charge you $12 per night for parking! I would not recommend this hotel for families with children. Any decent soul who stays here should take a car or bus to the Falls. The staff was nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple