“Easter Break”

Ranked #8 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Yonkers Ny
“Easter Break”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Very nice hotel I was there with my 2 kids 7&10 4 nights 5 days . They loved the pool the indoor playground and the games in the arcade. Breakfast in the hotel was great reasonable price opposed to eating at Dennis for 72$ for 2 adults 2 kids. The only thing I didn't like and my kids were upset about was the movies . When I booked one of their amenities where Walt Disney movies every night my kids asked for 2 nights straight and they said NO. Other then that very nice clean and very family friendly !

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chicago
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Price is great . Especially if you traveling with kids on budget. We just spent 2 great nights here . Close to everything but not right in the middle of it. That's how I like it. Fitness center has dumbells not just some machines like other hotels. Could use a little updating but still a great place.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Last weekend I used a Groupon to this location. It included a Chocolate Factory Tour, Winery Tour, $50 to the hotels various restaurants and many other perks.
My experience started with a booking issue due to a family emergency on my part I wasn’t able to set my travel date until very close to the cut off for the Groupon. Not a problem with the amazing friendly and helpful staff at the BW. I called and not only were the desk staff knowledgeable and kind they were more than willing to accommodate me and were able to move some things around to give me a Friday night booking! This was done through the manager who was very sweet and even apologetic about the extra fee. Honestly after the treatment I received on the phone alone I was not upset one bit. We arrived Friday to find our room ready and the staff full of smiles and advice for local entertainment and sites. We had a lovely time looking through the pool and spa area along with an enjoyable meal in the restaurant. We were close but not on the main street of Niagara and close to the outlet mall as well. Though the room was not overly special it was clean, cozy and a much needed part of our restful experience. The staff was amazing from the moment we walked in till we checked out and I would definitely stay here again! Great for families, a romantic rest, an all-around hotel to remember.

Picton, Canada
Reviewed March 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed here over the March Break. I got a great deal through Groupon ($258.00 for 3 days and $100 food, and beverage credit, WEGO Passes (so we could use the transit bus) and a wine and chocolate tour. The service was exceptional. Food in the main restaurant excellent and well priced. To give an example of how well priced the restaurant was my husband and I had 3 breakfasts each, one dinner each , and 4-5 beer, all for the price of our $100 food and beverage credit.

I agree with other reviewers that I did believe the pool was overcrowded. I love to swim, but as I have a disability, I didn't trust my balance with the all the kids in the pool. However I just choose not to swim.

The only real complaint was the bed quality. Both of husband and I were sore by the end of the trip due to the bed quality. However we understand that not everyone likes a firm mattress. We will be back.

1 Thank Kelly0032003
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Our hockey team arrived on Monday and were welcomed with 8 out of 10 of our rooms ready early. With our rooms ready and a quick check in our boys were able to enjoy the beautiful pool area before having to relax and get ready for their next game !! Stephanie in group sales was very helpful, answered all my questions and made our stay enjoyable. Our boys loved the pool area and hot tubs (especially after several hockey games). The parents enjoyed "socializing and relaxing around the courtyard between games also !!! ;)
I have stayed at the Carin Croft Best Western Plus many times over the years and I have NEVER been DISAPPOINTED !! GREAT PLACE TO FOR A TEAM OR LARGE GROUPS !!
I should mention our team of talented young hockey players won their division in the tournament!

Room Tip: Rooms around the courtyard are perfect for a team or large group but I should mention it can be nois...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank CathyC309
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed March 15, 2013

It's difficult to rate this hotel overall as my thoughts varied throughout the stay. I would like to rate it as "good" but no option for that. Keep in mind that we did go during March break so as expected it was crowded at time. Traveled with my husband and two sons (4 & 6) who loved it, and want to go back. We got a good deal through Groupon, but I think that the hotel prices are a good value.

Room: We opted not to stay in the courtyard area as it was pretty crowded and we wanted some quiet at night. I think next time we would try it though, probably one of the 2nd floor rooms (the first floor rooms seemed to "open", I could see right into many of them). Our room was in the tower and was an average hotel room. You don't get a fridge in the tower rooms. The room itself was not as clean as I would expect for a hotel - some garbage on the floor, bathroom mirrors not cleaned properly, dust. Nothing I was disgusted by, but I was surprised.

Pool: The Wednesday - it was overcrowded. Seriously. I pulled my boys out of the pool after about 15 minutes as I felt it was not at all safe. The sign says max 40 people in pool and on deck, however we counted close to 50 in the pool alone, and it's not a big pool! It may have been the time we went (around 5). The next morning, there was some problem with the pool (magazines were thrown into it, blocking a pump) but it was fixed quickly, and staff was very apologetic. It was pretty warm though, and the hot tubs are nice. It was not as crowded in the morning, and in the evening around 7 was not either. By then many of the kids were in their PJ's. The Courtyard where the pool is looks pretty, lots of trees.

Dining: Restaurant food is good, and well priced. The service in the courtyard Bistro was not that great - we waited for long times before seeing our server, and never got our dessert menu! (Although he was very friendly and polite). However, we were able to enjoy a bottle of our own wine while the kids were playing in the play area, so that was a nice break. One night we ordered pizza from the pizza place in the restaurant, and it was burnt - we complained and received breakfast vouchers.

Staff: Very friendly throughout, polite and great customer service.

We did not go to the fitness centre (I looked at it - small with a few machines and weights).

Overall, it is a good hotel - my sons loved it which is what counts. I would go back - just not during March break!

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms will be louder, but we would stay there next time as the rooms are nicer, and it wou...
1 Thank RuchiSLP
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed March 9, 2013

This is an older hotel, 5 minutes (by car) from the tourist area of Niagara Falls. Our room was simple, clean and comfortable. The staff are friendly and the value for the money is great. We did not use the pool but it would be a great place for a family. Restaurant prices are very reasonable for Niagara Falls. Free parking is also a plus. It may not be a 5-star hotel but it has 5-star service and value for the money.

1 Thank Don_K_Kingston