“Not perfect, but we will return”

BEST WESTERN Fallsview
Ranked #51 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Long Sault
“Not perfect, but we will return”
Reviewed March 21, 2010

I can not express how much we liked the staff. We have stayed in alot of hotels, but we have never been treated so well. One of the main reasons we decided to stay here was their pet stay policy. We didn't feel it was fair to put our 10 month old lab in a kennel or have him stay with friends. He is one those labs that has alot of good days and some very bad days (shredding mail etc.) The staff took fantastic care of him and made vacationing with a dog very easy. Our dog seemed to take a liking to the staff right away.

The hotel resturant was nice, very good food and decent value. I am pretty sure they served me the best omelette I have ever had. The indoor pool area has a hot tub and is very clean. This an older Hotel, but it has received a face lift to the lobby and resturant areas.

Next is why I state the hotel is not perfect. We stayed in a jacuzzi room with a queen bed. The room is very large and clean. I think it was bigger than my first apartment and definitly cleaner. So what was the problem? I walked into the room and felt like I walked into 1988. I was disappointed with the room. Perhaps, the gave us a room that was not updated because we had a dog with us. The bed was very comfortable and we both got two very good night's sleep,

This hotel is a good as it gets for travelling with pets, wonderful staff, and It has a very good resturant. The only reason I do not give it full marks is the retro 80's room decor. Had the rooms been more up todate, I would feel I truly got good value for my money.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
ON
Reviewed March 19, 2010

Went to this hotel (because of pet friendly) after seeing how crappy our originally booked HOJO by the falls hotel was. We were extrememly happy with their service, and rooms. Amazing location! Clean rooms and updated. The outside chairs looked a little tacky, but inside ws much nicer! Will definately be back! Great price and location!!!! THANK YOU BEST WESTERN. the only downfall that I didn't like was the fact that when we were in a panic calling all hotels for a room (since our first booked hotel was a dive!) we called the first Bestwestern in the phone book and they told us that they didn't have any pet friendly hotels in the area. Then I called the 1800 number and they found this one. So it would be nice to have better informed staff, because if I didn't try the 2nd number they wouldn't have gotten our business. Staff at hotel AMAZING

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Ottawa
Reviewed March 1, 2010

We stayed for just one night at this hotel on our way to Ohio and really enjoyed our stay. Our room was not ready when first got there but the staff allowed us to park the car anyway so we could go for a quick walk around. Our room was clean and big, although the decor was a bit older than what I had seen on the hotel's web site. I think we ended up in an older section of the hotel.
The hotel is very well situated and we did not have to take our car out to visit the main attractions of Niagara Falls, namely the Falls...

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Portland, Maine
Reviewed February 18, 2010

The Best Western near Niagara Falls has kept up with quality and the economy over the years...I actually stayed here in the 80s and then again a few years ago. It's a bargain stay based on the other hotels in the area, which can run very high. At the Best Western you get all the same amenities and the service for a fraction of the cost. Even the restaurant attached, although independently run, I believe...is very good. The location of the hotel is prime and you can walk to almost all the local attractions--Skylon Tower, IMAX Theatre, the Falls, Table Rock, Clifton Hill, amusements, restaurants, and the Casino. The rooms were clean and certainly updated and the little gift shop had all the essentials, if you forgot anything. The beds were comfortable and we even used room service, which was excellent. \This hotel is ideal for a weekend getaway or a family with small children. You could even order out and bring pizza or Chinese to your room, if looking to save on meals. I do prefer staying in the town of Niagara-on-the-Lake and driving to the Falls area when desired, but if I were going to be overnight in the falls area, I would definitely stay in the Best Western.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BeeMelissa
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed February 15, 2010

The hotel is right near the falls - a 3 minute walk downhill. There is a park right down the hill for walking your dog. The staff is always very friendly and helpful. The hotel is comfortable and quiet - nice jacuzzi. The best thing is that they are really pet friendly. Travelling with two dogs is not easy. They make it easy. The dogs are presented with treats on arrival and the staff really like pets. It made our trip memorable and stressfree. The Best Western Fallsview is a dog friendly treat! I would recommend it to every pet owner! Thanks Best Western Fallsview. As Arnold would say "I'll be back".

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
ky
Reviewed December 29, 2009

Beware if you are a smoker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They tell you it is a non smoking hotel but tell you that you can smoke on the balcony.. We had 1st floor room,glass sliding doors.We only smoked outside & put butts in coke can.We DID NOT smoke in room. We put the coke can in waste basket so we didn't trash the balcony. Several weeks later they added a $500.00 smoking charge to our credit card. we disputed charges & finally got charges dropped to $200.00. For NOT smoking in thier room.They told us smoke smell was brought in on our clothes & charged for cleaning curtains & carpet to get rid of smell. What a bunch of ????????.I'd like to know how many people they do this to?? Not a bad money maker. We spent over $700.00 in 2 nights for room & at thier very expensive (not very good food) restaurant.I guess that wasn't enough money for them.Great money maker (smoking charge).I will never stay at a best western again

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cbofus
Edmonton
Reviewed October 21, 2009

Rooms are clean but very outdated. They charge extra for parking and hide an ECO fee in your sales tax. ECO fee.... you re use your towels and linens, and you pay a fee. They do less work, and charge you extra. Makes sense! Stayed across the road at HOLIDAY INN the next night, nicer rooms, heated outdoor pool, free parking, no hidden extra costs. Oh and rooms were same price too.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple