“Average with a lot of extra fees”

Best Western Fallsview
Ranked #51 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Toronto, Canada
“Average with a lot of extra fees”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

This hotel was average in many ways, the room, service, etc. There are coupons that come with the stay but they don't cover much in the long run. When you get the bill be prepared for a whole bunch of extra fees. Annoying!

1 Thank Jennifer D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
  • Turkish first
Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 27, 2014

The daily parking here is $10 no out privileges weekends only, $15 Lot b behind the building, or $20 in front. Right across the street is $5 all day. The location is convenient to walk to the falls, Clifton hill, and other attractions. The room was what I would expect for this price point. Bed could have been a little better quality but wasn't terrible. The AC unit was an in wall unit that was probably older than I was, while loud, it did the job. The room was pretty clean, there was some hair in the bathroom stuck to the wall upon our arrival. We had housekeeping come in 1x for new towels etc during our stay and they did not replenish the toilet paper. The staff was pleasant, did not know much when we asked them questions about attractions, but referred us to the brochures off to the side of the lobby. There is a breakfast buffet at the hotel for 8.99 but we chose to go to the TIm Hortons beside the hotel for coffee and bagels since everything in the area has an additional 3.8% tourism tax on top of the 13% Canadian tax. We did have one issue where we had called down to the desk to ask a question about our checkout and the girl was to call me back in a few minutes but never did. After about 2 hours I went to the office and handled the issue in person. For the price of the room, I would stay here again but would explore other parking options.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

April W, General Manager at Best Western Fallsview, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Good Morning Ashley,

I am so sorry that you did not receive a call back from the front desk about your question, they do get very busy at times but should always respond to our guest's and I sincerely apologize for that. We do have deluxe rooms that have newer ammenities and if you do choose to stay with us again (which ofcoarse I hope that you do!) please ask the reservation clerk about that option and I'm sure that you will be happier with that room.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed April 26, 2014

The fallsview in the title of the hotel refers to the street not a view of the falls.
On the bright side this hotel is near the action, but it is very old and dated. The rooms are huge, but old and a little stale. They were clean however and the beds were good. The hot tub wasn't working and there were no change rooms or bathrooms that we could find in the pool area.
The front desk people were friendly and helpful. We travelled on a Travelzoo coupon and the person at the desk allowed us to trade in our coupon for a crazy expensive meal at Chris and Ruby for a Keg one of lesser value that we could at least use.
I would pay a little more and stay closer to the falls

Good Morning Hockeymom,

It's good that you found the voucher to the Keg was good for you and you didn't have to forfeit a discount on dinner because it would have been too expensive. We do have washrooms located inside the pool area that can be used for changing, it does have a handicapped picture on it, I apologize for the inconvenience if you had to return to your room. We are currently beginning on updates at the hotel that address common areas, the exterior and guest rooms. I hope that we will see you again.
Havre de Grace, Maryland
Reviewed April 24, 2014

My took my family to Niagara falls for spring break. This room was nice, has 2 sinks: one in the bathroom and one on the outside. I love the comfy beds! The location wasn't bad etiher. The pool was small but clean. I booked on Groupon and the front desk provided us with tons of coupons and free vouchers so that was awesome savings!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jessica C
Good Morning Jessica,

I'm glad that we accommodated what your family was looking for. The vouchers and coupons do come in handy for making the trip to Niagara Falls more affordable. I hope you had a great time!
Connecticut
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Having read many of these reviews before we left, I knew what to expect and felt very well prepared! I purchased a LivingSocial deal so we paid approximately $300 USD for 4 nights if you count parking and tax, but we also received a whole bunch of vouchers worth at least that amount. Check in was fast and Dolly was friendly and helpful. We brought our own towels, and chose the $15 parking option (which was actually much better since it was right outside our door). Room was very basic but clean. Shower had good pressure and was hot so no complaints there. I actually expected the room to be loud but we didn't end up needing our earplugs at all. The $8.99 breakfast buffet was great! Best French toast sticks we've ever had- I suspect they must be fried ;)

The best part about this hotel (other than the price) is the LOCATION!! I really think this location can't be beat. I highly recommend this hotel if you're looking for a place to just sleep and won't be spending much time in your room.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
April W, General Manager at Best Western Fallsview, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Good Afternoon Heather,

Thank you for your review. We agree...location is our best asset, you can't get closer! I'm glad that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet (and yes those amazing french toast sticks are evil and fried!) I hope that we see you again.
Uxbridge, Canada
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel for a quick getaway on Easter Sunday, using a WagJag. The front desk associate was very helpful and provided us with several discount coupons tied to the WagJag, including $40 off TGI Fridays and free laser tag and video games vouchers, casino credit and other deals. Our WagJag for this was just $49... We asked if we could upgrade at the desk and we were given a queen room instead of double. Front desk associate said the queen is a much bigger room so for $20 more we upgraded. Great choice! It was a clean, simple room that was quite large! We tried the pool with our kids and they had fun, though it's a very chlorinated room that burns the eyes over time. Carpeted walls ... yes walls ... make the hotel look dated inside, but the lobby is quite nice and looks more recently upgraded.

Stayed April 2014
2 Thank wjtlet
Good Afternoon wjtlet,

I'm so glad we were a great choice for you! I hope that you had a great time at dinner and playing games all night. I'm happy to heat that the Front desk was helpful, I hope that we see you again.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I was pleased with the service that I received at this hotel that I chose to do my very first review on tripadvisor to explain my experience that I had with this hotel. When i reviewed some of the experiences of others that I read, I had some mixed emotions of what to expect, but then again you can't knock it until you experience it yourself and I'm glad that we did. My sister and I were celebrating our birthday and we invited our friends to celebrate with us. Each of us in a room we had 3 separate rooms we all, had a package 70 voucher to Ruth Cris Steakhouse, 2 winery tour specials, 10 voucher for IHOP, 2 WEGO passes etc..There is a long line up when everyone is arriving at 4 oclock at the same time, just have to be patient. I suggest though, checking in first and then carrying all your belongings afterwards depending on where you are parked as you may be located in the different parking areas as noted from other reviewers as well. So yes this is correct, where you are parked does depend on the price that you pay. Our rooms were in the back of the hotel so I paid the 15.00 parking fee. Gaurav was very efficient and patient when checking us in, we requested if we could have all 3 rooms possibly together, and he was able to do so for us which was great. Our rooms were located on the first floor, which was perfect for us. Thank you. We asked if we could change our dining voucher to the Outback Steakhouse instead, which he did without any hesitation. We also asked if we could check out a little later, and he mentioned that the latest would be noon, which we did need that extra hour.

My room was very spacious, 2 queen beds. At one point I stated to my friend I feel like i should be doing a carthwheel right here, as it's so spacious. I did like the two sinks, one in the bathroom and one outside of the bathroom.There were two things l did not like with my room. even though was non smoking room, I'm very certain that the people who had the room before I did, smoked in the room, because the minute I walked in you could smell it quite heavy, this was quite disturbing. I sure hope those people were fined that 500 as noted behind the door. I did not bother to complain about this issue to the front desk as were already placed together and I really preferred that then being separate.
Our rooms did not come with a fridge I'm uncertain if all rooms don't have fridges in them; however, that was very disappointing to have a room with no fridge. The rooms were very spacious, and I absolutely loveeeee the pillows, fluffy and relaxing. I did not have a problem with my bed as others stated they did. I think in hotels the hot water should be set at certain levels, because at one point when i was trying to adjust the valve to turn it on, the water was so scolding hot; although, adjusting it to whatever temperature you'd like after was no biggie, just a personal thought.

We went out for dinner to the steakhouse and we did not want to drive, this is when we met Mark. Who was sooo helpful and suggested that we take the free shuttle bus that the hotel provides you with to go to the Steakhouse and then we just let our waiter or waitress know when we are finished and they would come back and pick us up. This was fantastic and it went smoothly just as stated. Inside the shuttle bus, it had leather seats almost looked like a mini limo party bus, was very nice inside. The driver, I forget her name was very nice and asked Mark to take a group photo of us, as she could hear the excitement in our voices. I would suggest this option, if you do not feel to drive I am uncertain as to where else the shuttle bus will take you too,although we did ask if takes to Clifton Hill area, and they do not.

When checking out, the process went smoothly as well, I did a cash deposit and I received back my 100.00 as stated. When checking out, I realized that in my package I could not locate my 2nd pass for the WEGO bus. I simply asked if I could have another one and again without hesitation, it was given to me without any problems. Thank you.

We did not have breakfast for the 8.99 buffet they had advertised. My sister went swimming and she said she enjoyed it.

Overall, I enjoyed my experience with this hotel, I would stay here again. It isn't as close to the falls or Clifton Hill area as expected, but other hotels, casino restaurants are all in walking distance. If the weather was warmer, would definitely not be an issue.

Again big thank you to Gaurav, Mark, Jessica and Kendra for their exceptional service.I do hope management recognizes your hard work, we were pleased.

Martha

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
April W, General Manager at Best Western Fallsview, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Good Morning Martha,

Thank you for such a wonderful review! I am so happy to hear that you were able to get such a great deal and that the front desk was able to accommodate your requests for your room and your dining. I am so sorry to hear that your room had a smoke smell to it, if you would have called the front desk we would have done everything we could to get you another set of rooms beside each other so that you would not have been inconvenienced by that. I apologize we do not have any fridges in any of our rooms, but we are working on that for this spring hopefully. I'm so glad that you had such a nice time and yes we definately recognize how great our staff is and I have passed your thank you's on to them!