“Can't beat the location, hotel is just average”

Best Western Fallsview
Ranked #50 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Having read many of these reviews before we left, I knew what to expect and felt very well prepared! I purchased a LivingSocial deal so we paid approximately $300 USD for 4 nights if you count parking and tax, but we also received a whole bunch of vouchers worth at least that amount. Check in was fast and Dolly was friendly and helpful. We brought our own towels, and chose the $15 parking option (which was actually much better since it was right outside our door). Room was very basic but clean. Shower had good pressure and was hot so no complaints there. I actually expected the room to be loud but we didn't end up needing our earplugs at all. The $8.99 breakfast buffet was great! Best French toast sticks we've ever had- I suspect they must be fried ;)

The best part about this hotel (other than the price) is the LOCATION!! I really think this location can't be beat. I highly recommend this hotel if you're looking for a place to just sleep and won't be spending much time in your room.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
April W, General Manager at Best Western Fallsview, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Good Afternoon Heather,

Thank you for your review. We agree...location is our best asset, you can't get closer! I'm glad that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet (and yes those amazing french toast sticks are evil and fried!) I hope that we see you again.

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel for a quick getaway on Easter Sunday, using a WagJag. The front desk associate was very helpful and provided us with several discount coupons tied to the WagJag, including $40 off TGI Fridays and free laser tag and video games vouchers, casino credit and other deals. Our WagJag for this was just $49... We asked if we could upgrade at the desk and we were given a queen room instead of double. Front desk associate said the queen is a much bigger room so for $20 more we upgraded. Great choice! It was a clean, simple room that was quite large! We tried the pool with our kids and they had fun, though it's a very chlorinated room that burns the eyes over time. Carpeted walls ... yes walls ... make the hotel look dated inside, but the lobby is quite nice and looks more recently upgraded.

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank wjtlet

Good Afternoon wjtlet,

I'm so glad we were a great choice for you! I hope that you had a great time at dinner and playing games all night. I'm happy to heat that the Front desk was helpful, I hope that we see you again.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

I was pleased with the service that I received at this hotel that I chose to do my very first review on tripadvisor to explain my experience that I had with this hotel. When i reviewed some of the experiences of others that I read, I had some mixed emotions of what to expect, but then again you can't knock it until you experience it yourself and I'm glad that we did. My sister and I were celebrating our birthday and we invited our friends to celebrate with us. Each of us in a room we had 3 separate rooms we all, had a package 70 voucher to Ruth Cris Steakhouse, 2 winery tour specials, 10 voucher for IHOP, 2 WEGO passes etc..There is a long line up when everyone is arriving at 4 oclock at the same time, just have to be patient. I suggest though, checking in first and then carrying all your belongings afterwards depending on where you are parked as you may be located in the different parking areas as noted from other reviewers as well. So yes this is correct, where you are parked does depend on the price that you pay. Our rooms were in the back of the hotel so I paid the 15.00 parking fee. Gaurav was very efficient and patient when checking us in, we requested if we could have all 3 rooms possibly together, and he was able to do so for us which was great. Our rooms were located on the first floor, which was perfect for us. Thank you. We asked if we could change our dining voucher to the Outback Steakhouse instead, which he did without any hesitation. We also asked if we could check out a little later, and he mentioned that the latest would be noon, which we did need that extra hour.

My room was very spacious, 2 queen beds. At one point I stated to my friend I feel like i should be doing a carthwheel right here, as it's so spacious. I did like the two sinks, one in the bathroom and one outside of the bathroom.There were two things l did not like with my room. even though was non smoking room, I'm very certain that the people who had the room before I did, smoked in the room, because the minute I walked in you could smell it quite heavy, this was quite disturbing. I sure hope those people were fined that 500 as noted behind the door. I did not bother to complain about this issue to the front desk as were already placed together and I really preferred that then being separate.
Our rooms did not come with a fridge I'm uncertain if all rooms don't have fridges in them; however, that was very disappointing to have a room with no fridge. The rooms were very spacious, and I absolutely loveeeee the pillows, fluffy and relaxing. I did not have a problem with my bed as others stated they did. I think in hotels the hot water should be set at certain levels, because at one point when i was trying to adjust the valve to turn it on, the water was so scolding hot; although, adjusting it to whatever temperature you'd like after was no biggie, just a personal thought.

We went out for dinner to the steakhouse and we did not want to drive, this is when we met Mark. Who was sooo helpful and suggested that we take the free shuttle bus that the hotel provides you with to go to the Steakhouse and then we just let our waiter or waitress know when we are finished and they would come back and pick us up. This was fantastic and it went smoothly just as stated. Inside the shuttle bus, it had leather seats almost looked like a mini limo party bus, was very nice inside. The driver, I forget her name was very nice and asked Mark to take a group photo of us, as she could hear the excitement in our voices. I would suggest this option, if you do not feel to drive I am uncertain as to where else the shuttle bus will take you too,although we did ask if takes to Clifton Hill area, and they do not.

When checking out, the process went smoothly as well, I did a cash deposit and I received back my 100.00 as stated. When checking out, I realized that in my package I could not locate my 2nd pass for the WEGO bus. I simply asked if I could have another one and again without hesitation, it was given to me without any problems. Thank you.

We did not have breakfast for the 8.99 buffet they had advertised. My sister went swimming and she said she enjoyed it.

Overall, I enjoyed my experience with this hotel, I would stay here again. It isn't as close to the falls or Clifton Hill area as expected, but other hotels, casino restaurants are all in walking distance. If the weather was warmer, would definitely not be an issue.

Again big thank you to Gaurav, Mark, Jessica and Kendra for their exceptional service.I do hope management recognizes your hard work, we were pleased.

Martha

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
April W, General Manager at Best Western Fallsview, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Good Morning Martha,

Thank you for such a wonderful review! I am so happy to hear that you were able to get such a great deal and that the front desk was able to accommodate your requests for your room and your dining. I am so sorry to hear that your room had a smoke smell to it, if you would have called the front desk we would have done everything we could to get you another set of rooms beside each other so that you would not have been inconvenienced by that. I apologize we do not have any fridges in any of our rooms, but we are working on that for this spring hopefully. I'm so glad that you had such a nice time and yes we definately recognize how great our staff is and I have passed your thank you's on to them!

Reviewed April 19, 2014

We had a double queen room on the fourth floor of the larger building. It was huge and had 2 sink areas (one in the bathroom and the other in the "dressing room' area. This would be a great room for a family, with lots of room for children to spread out and play. The hotel was clean, quiet and the beds were very comfortable. There is a pool and hot tub in the basement. The hot tub was not very warm and there was insufficient water in it (jets threw water into the air); however it was quite large. Choose the back parking lot, as it is less expensive and closer to the elevator. There is also a private parking lot across Stanley St. from the back of the hotel that offers parking for $5/day. The hotel gives out discount dining coupons to all clients. These include $20 off at a choice of several restaurants close by and 10% off of the hotel's buffet breakfast (normally $8.99).

Reviewed April 19, 2014

I found the room very spacious and clean. Nice flat screen TV and coffee maker with free coffee. Bathroom area had two sinks, one inside and one outside the bathroom. Great location, surrounded by many restaurants, bars, and a fantastic casino.

Now for the bad. I found the bed to be too stiff and hard for my comfort, almost like sleeping on a camping mat. But I know this is a matter of personal preference. The noise from the parking lot also contributed to me getting very little sleep. "LAURA, DON'T LEAVE!"...after a heated exchange. Well, finally, either Laura left or they moved it to their hotel room because it quieted down.

Many (but not most) hotels in Niagara Falls charge paying customers for parking. This place does as well, up to $20/night. I generally avoid these places, just seems dishonest. Why not include it in the price of the room? Perhaps its because many people don't read the fine print before booking and think they are getting a better deal.

And the internet was very slow, as other reviewers have noted.

Room Tip: Not sure if it's possible, but ask for a quiet room.
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We stayed using a wag jag I had purchased we arrived early but are room wasn't ready the staff was extremely nice the girl at the desk let us leave are luggage there and gave us are vouchers so we could go enjoy the day. We also were not going to use the one coupon that was included in are package she switched it with one for the keg which we ended up only paying 23 total for two of us to eat at the keg that is a great deal alone. the wait to check in wasn't to bad and the room was great for the price we had a jacuzzi tub and a private balcony the room was very spacious and clean. The location was great as well it's near everything I would definitely be staying at this hotel again :)

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Spring1shere
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

They make their money selling parking spots, poor service, & the worst check in process in the world. They don't do a check in process, it's a marketing process to up sell anything they can their hands on. Takes minimum of 10 minutes to check in each room. Imagine 30 people in line before you! Ugly

• Stayed: April 2014