“RIDICULOUS!”

Best Western Fallsview
Ranked #48 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
“RIDICULOUS!”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

This hotel used to be a nice pet friendly hotel! For $25 they would welcome your pet. Now, they call themselves pet friendly hotel but will charge you $100 a night for your beloved pet! This is absolutely ridiculous! The rate for Decemeber is $58 a night but they want to charge me $100 extra for my 5lbs doggy?? And when I asked on the phone: "the pet fee is higher than the nightly rate?" They simply said YES, the hotel is trying to avoid pets. THEN DO NOT CALL YOURSELVES PET FRIENDLY HOTEL IF YOU DO NOT WELCOME PETS !!!!!!!
The only hotel that charges $100 per pet is this 3 star hotel?? Is my pet being pampered for that price?????

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank Paula M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
Canada
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Just returned home after spending one night at the Best Western, Falls view. We got a fair deal on Travelzoo. Received coupons for a tour of wineries, gambling credit, and a dinner at the wonderful Keg at the Embassy Suites. Also included were passes to amusements but we did not capitalize on these. The package was a good deal.
Took in the fantastic light show along the parkway and that was worth the trip alone. Now this hotel is very large and is in a good location but if you wish to have a lot of bling and pizazz - then stay elsewhere, but if you like clean and simple, then this place fits the bill. . The room was super duper large with a very comfy bed and mattress. The bathroom was refurbished and the room very clean. The room had a balcony and we had to pay $15 for parking the car in their lot. This hotel is adequate, not the best in the area but it does not break the bank. So, you really can't go wrong if you book here - staff very friendly and really we had no issues at all with the establishment. Location was very good. We walked to the casino and other hotels close by. But, the best treat of all is the wonderful Christmas lights along the river. Go and enjoy!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank FriendlyTripper
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Located near the Casino & only 10 minute walk to the US falls, it is perfectly located. The rooms are modern with flat screen TV, good channel selection & updated bathrooms. Beds are comfortable & there are 2 side chairs & a table to enjoy family relaxing times. The restaurant offers an $8.99 buffet breakfast which is good value & guests get 10% off. It is in a quiet location so expect a good nights sleep.
They cahrge $15 -20 for parking which is unfortuante. You acn park nearby at the Casino for $5.00

Room Tip: Join the loyalty club & get special off season rates (e.g. 2 nights for $99 with added discount...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank adzy40
Aurora, Canada
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stayed at Best Western Fallsview for a weekend. We purchased the room through Expedia and we were happy with the value. The room was clean and larger than most mid range hotels the beds were comfortable, the hotel is right at the top of the Hill by Fallsview Casino, 5 minute walk down to the Falls. The only thing you have to watch is the parking from anywhere from $10-30 per night. There was a stale funky smell in some of the hallways but no overpowering. Overall a good place to stay for a night or two when you get a deal. Would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Robert L
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I like to do my research before traveling. I stumbled upon this hotels low pricing and was very excited I found a good deal until I read some of these Tripadvisor reviews. I honestly have no idea what people are talking about though.
My trip was great and the front desk staff were AMAZING! So friendly and actually looked like they enjoyed working there unlike some other hotels I've stayed at. They worked fast and even though I didn't buy a package like some people mentioned, I was treated with a few complimentary coupons which I thought was great. As with any hotel check in is at 4pm unless you pay extra to get in early. We arrived around 3pm though and they were happy to get us into our room early. No problems. I obviously didn't try checking in at 11am while everyone else was checking out, I'd like to give the maids time to actually clean the rooms. I upgraded to the front side of the hotel which is naturally a bit more money due to the better view of the skylon tower and fireworks (you're not gonna get a fallsview room at a big hotel for the city view price duh).
Also the people complaining about parking, you obviously don't travel much. I knew there would be a charge as with any big city. They have 3 lots advertised as you walk into the lobby and I originally asked for Lot C but it was a public lot around back. I rather pay the $20, have my car nice and close to unpack and in sight while on the spacious balcony and I could drive it in and out as needed. But thats just my personal preference.
The room itself was very large and very clean. I don't think it was outdated by any means, but I also understand that its a hotel chain and not a luxury boutique hotel you're paying $300 a night for. They have their shampoo and body wash in a dispenser in the shower and not in those little bottles so everyone can actually bathe without having to call and ask for more. For me, the wifi always worked very well, I always had full bars on my phone and laptop. But I was on vacation so I didn't spend lots of time on the internet unlike some others. We did however go for a soak in the hottub and a quick swim which were great. The pool area had towels right when you walked in and had tables and chairs to use for those who werent swimming but needed to watch their kids.
The hotel itself is nice and close to everything. All we had to do was just walk down the hill to see the falls and the festive of lights displays. I also can't go without my timmies coffee and it was great to have one right behind the hotel. After we grabbed our coffees we went to check out. The line was fairly long as everyone was checking out at the same but the girls moved it along quickly and I was appreciative of that They were also as friendly and as cheery as the evening staff. I'm not sure what hidden fees people are talking about but my bill was exactly what I booked through booking.com plus the parking.
To quickly summarize, I would stay here again in a heartbeat. I feel like after reading some of these poor reviews, I think they're written by people who don't travel much and expect the world from a budget friendly hotel. I would recommend this hotel to everyone and don't be discouraged by the grumpy people posting negative reviews.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk staff to upgrade to the tower side of the hotel with two queens. It's obvious...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Casey A
Reviewed November 28, 2013

My husband and I arrived on a Saturday at about 4pm to check in. We were met with a line of over 40 University of Western students checking in for a special event. We waiting about 10 minutes and when the line didn't move, we decided to go to the casino until it died down. Upon returning at about 5:30pm we got in line behind about 20 students still being checked in. We waited over 35 minutes to get to a desk and we were worried because our reservation for dinner was fast approaching. When we finally reached an attendant, my husband asked to speak to the manager to voice his complaint. Our attendant went into the back room and then came back out and told us that the other check-in attendant was the manager when we could clearly see the manager in the back room. When we explained how upset we were with the service we had received, we were not given an apology just defensive tactics. My husband became more agitated at which point they asked us if we would like to be booked in at another hotel down the road. I said, no we would not because we had family staying there who we were going for dinner with. The actual Manager who had been hiding in the back finally came out and refused to offer us a room that night. She handed back our credit card and told us to find somewhere else to stay. Neither the Manager nor the front desk attendant would give us their names. What a horrible experience. Do not stay here. The worst customer service I have ever received. A simple apology would have sufficed and we were not the only "non-university party" members who were upset as others were also waiting in line.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Tracykra
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We found a groupon and got what we paid for. Motel style property. Needs serious updating. However the room was big and the bed was actually pretty comfy. Good location. Just not what we hoped for. They did give us a coupon for The Keg restaurant and it was nicer than we thought so I guess it all evened out. If you are a family and just need the basics, it's fine.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple