“Loved the location & all the pets!”

Best Western Fallsview
Ranked #51 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Key West, Florida
“Loved the location & all the pets!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This is our first stop of six on our summer vacation and this staff did such a great job it will be tough for the rest of our hotels to live up to the service we received while here at Best Western Fallsview in Canada.

Check-in was quick and the young woman at the front desk with extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel charges pet & parking fees which were disclosed on the website when I booked. We received a really nice pet-welcome gift bag with quality products and chews that made my dog, Einstein, very happy. I would like to have had a quick reference for local vets & pet stores.

Our room (115 - in the pet wing) was perfect, clean, & had a very comfortable queen bed. Our room did not have a refrigerator or built-in closet (we had a stand-alone wardrobe) but it was huge. The furniture was practical not elegant - but being pet-owners this is a plus for us. The bathroom was small but functional with a recessed area for placing personal items and the shower was dated but clean and had a great shower-head. Oh - the WiFi worked great our entire stay and was easy to access - this is a MUST have feature for US visitors as our phones are subject to international fees.

We were on the ground level with a patio door leading out of our balcony (with 2 comfy chairs) to a beautiful grassy area for pet-walking.

Maintenance issues: The first morning I tried to use the blow-dryer but it was broken - I called the front desk and within minutes had a replacement blow dryer in hand :-).

Transportation: Easy walking distance to falls but I recommend to buy a bus pass. The transit lines are color coded and easy to learn. Best Western has stops for all lines available at various corners of the property. The best place to learn the routes is down by the falls at most bus locations - There are young employees who can tell you the best route to take to get where you are going...then after a ride or two - you will be OK on your own.

Restaurant & pool - I did not eat in the restaurant or swim in the pools so I cannot comment on those amenities however, the outside pool looked very clean and well-maintained.

Hope you enjoy your stay here as much as we did!

Room Tip: Pet-owners - the ground floor facing the center parking lot will grow on you as you use the balcony...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
BWFallsview, General Manager at Best Western Fallsview, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
It’s great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We’re Niagara’s premier pet accommodating hotel and we’re happy to hear that you enjoyed our VIP (very important pet) services. We’re proud to be associated with some outstanding hospitality professionals who work around the clock in making our guest stays memorable. It’s nice to hear that our team was quickly able to resolve your issue and I’ll personally thank them for their dedication on your behalf.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
  • Turkish first
islamabad, pakistan
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Best Western Niagara fals (Canadian Side) was beyond our expectation. Reasonably priced, bright and large rooms with balcony. Friendly staff, swift check-in & out. Highly recommended.
My 2 kids, wife and I spent our anniversary at the falls, and this property is value for money. Rooms are huge and spacious, clean bathrooms, quiet, and everything available at a stone throw.

Room Tip: If you are with family, ask for the twin queen size room with balcony.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Salman01
We’re thrilled to hear about your outstanding experience at the Best Western Fallsview. Thank you for recognizing our outstanding value, cleanliness, Niagara’s largest guest rooms and proximity to everything to do in Niagara. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the very near future.
Cardiff
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Great location but very dated, room was not very clean previous guests cotton buds on bathroom floor, bottle caps on balcony mirror had very bad smear on it. Towels thin sheets too small for beds. However location is fab car park charge is 10 dollars per night, and they will charge if you want extra coffee. Awfull yellow plastic chairs on balcony. Needs a lot of work done to it. Would not go back

• Stayed June 2013
BWFallsview, General Manager at Best Western Fallsview, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
We’re disappointed in not being able to meet your expectations. We’re always improving our product and we thank you for sharing what you didn’t like about your experience.
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We spent two nights at the Best Western Fallsview in Niagara Falls Canada and had a great experience. We had a huge room with a king bed and a balcony. We were on the back side of the hotel so we had a great view of the road and parking lot, but you do not come to Niagara Falls to sit on the balcony of your hotel. We had two sinks which made getting ready in the mornings easier and an ironing board and iron. We had trouble staying connected to the internet, but I believe they are trying to improve this. The hotel is located in a great location. You walk down the hill and you are right in front of the American Falls. The Casino is located across the street. Lots of restaurants to choose from in the Casino or on all sides of the hotel, including a Perkins and Tim Hortons for breakfast. The hotel is dated, but again you do not come to Niagara Falls to stay in your hotel room. For the money it was a great stay. We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Lucie5555Lee
BWFallsview, General Manager at Best Western Fallsview, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
We’re thrilled and thank you for sharing your amazing experience! Thank you for recognizing our great value and proximity to everything to do in Niagara. It’s great to hear that you’d definitely stay with us again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed June 21, 2013

On Sunday June 9/2013 we arrived at the Best Western Fallsview in Niagara Falls ,Ontario for 2 nights .
On Monday morning June 10/13 while in the room I had occasion to move my pillows and the blankets were pulled back to the foot of the bed and I could see the floor at the headboard . What I found was disgusting ! There were food stuffs, bottle caps and what I believe were condoms but don’t know to be sure . I called the front desk at 0830 and explained my find and my displeasure . The girl at the front desk offered another room , but I turned it down due to the fact I wasn’t willing to go from the pan to the fire and maybe get something worse . I stated I wanted the room cleaned and we were leaving for the day and would be back to our room later .

We left at 0900 hrs and returned around 1600 hrs and found the same mess in the room although the beds were made.

Disgusted, I called the front desk again at 1600 hrs and explained to the girl my situation and she said she would have housekeeping come up, I explained were leaving again and would check upon our return . Approx. 1 minute later we received a call from the front desk ( duty manager I believe ) who asked “ You called to have your room cleaned . I replied yes” This person then stated “ that room was cleaned this morning “ in a snotty tone ! I stated “ that’s great , they missed the mess “ in a equally snotty tone !. I then explained I called at 0830 hrs and explained the problem. She then stated housekeeping would be up. I explained we were leaving and would check upon our return.

We left at approx. 1645 hrs and returned around 1900 hrs and again found the same mess although I explained the location twice prior. At this time I called and asked for the duty manger to attend our room, she declined. The On Duty Manager said she would send up the housekeeping supervisor. I said “ Fine I’ll wait” . Staff arrived quickly and we showed them where the mess was . Their immediate reaction was “ oh there, that’s disgusting! Then proceeded to tell us that’s a maintenance issue because they can’t move the beds.

So , we left irritated and not wanting to lash out at staff present.When we returned we found the room was finally clean after leaving our room 3x and having 4 phone conversations trying to get our room clean.

Checkout June 11/2013 was uneventful ! No apologies from anyone about the condition of our room.

This particular motel might have a decent location but that is it. If that is what they rely on to get business or repeat business they are in a sad state of affairs. When I book my next trip anywhere I will think twice before I book Best Western if this is what we have to look forward to.

Room Tip: Outdated , TV had poor reception , fuzzy. Customer Service was lousy although they're decent st...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jim M
I apologize for being unable to meet your expectations. I’ve asked our Executive Housekeeper and Maintenance Manager to investigate your concerns and to immediately find a resolution for them. Thank you for sharing your issues and understand that any and all will be dealt with immediately.
North Bay, Canada
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We came back because staff made us feel great on last visit.

Hotel in need of upgrade, and still do not like the parking fee, Hotel should compensate for parking. Room was clean and each day fresh towels delivered. I think if renovations done to this hotel it would be a great tourist eye catcher

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank June C
BWFallsview, General Manager at Best Western Fallsview, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback. Its great to hear that you chose to stay with us again. I’ve shared your comments regarding our team member professionalism and hospitality with them in making sure that they’ve been acknowledged for their efforts. We’re always making improvements and we can’t wait to show them to you when you return again to enjoy another "excellent" weekend.
Acton, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 17, 2013

If you have to cancel your booking a few hours after the deadline, they won’t return your money no matter how many days you booked.
Meaning, if you booked 10 days and you try to cancel during the first night, you won’t get any refund; they will charge you for the whole 10 days.
This is specified in their policy, but it is just plain wrong and you should be aware of that before doing business with them.
This was specified by them over the phone when we called them.
While driving to Canada we lost our passports, so we call them to cancel our booking thinking we'll lose the first night stay, but they told us we couldn't get any refund because of their cancellation policy; it doesn’t matter how long your booking is, you lose all your reservation. We even contacted the manager.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank smolinero
BWFallsview, General Manager at Best Western Fallsview, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
I’m so sorry to hear that you were unable to stay with us at the Best Western Fallsview. We’re hoping that you were able to locate your passports and continue on with your travels. All of our hotel room rate types have specific policies attached to them. Our brand determines the policies and we’re required to enforce them. I would assume you booked the brands deepest discounted rate which requires a full payment in advance and doesn’t allow for changes or cancellations. This rate type is extremely popular as its always the least expensive but does you limit you to no flexibility.