“Location, Location, Location”

Best Western Fallsview
Ranked #52 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in June 2011 and had a positive experience so decided to return. My opinion has changed a bit. The hotel is fine is you get it for the *right rate*. Coming back, I can see if someone was paying a high rate why they may be upset. Both visits I had got a lower rate, if I had not I would have paid the extra money to stay at the Hilton.

Honestly the location of the Best Western Fallsview is perfect. The Fallsview Casino is across the street, many restaurants, Tm Hortons, LCBO(down the road) and the falls are a few min. walk. I really enjoy the location and the rate I got, I would not pay on the higher scale though. If you are looking for a great location and can get a room for the right price I would say go for it!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Best Western Fallsview

Reviewed January 19, 2012

So many hotels near Niagara Falls (Canada) and yet.......a real Falls view costs hundreds of dollars. This hotel has rooms with a view of what would be the Falls, if not for the other hotels in the way. Still, it was great. The room was extra clean, extra large, with extra comfy beds. It had what Hawaiians would call a Lanai (porch) that lets you go go out to smoke, enjoy the view you do have of other hotels and America. From our room, we could see the Niagara river above the Falls, and the Indian casino across the border. The staff was extra friendly and knowledgeable. No free breakfast, but.......It's close. It's just a short walk to the Falls. It's across from Jimmy Buffett's "Margaritaville" and next to the big Casino. It's $150-$250 U.S. Dollars cheaper than those real Fallsview rooms at the other hotels. We chose to drop our dollars at Margaritaville, instead of the casino. For us, a sure win. It was expensive, but they do make a real killer Margarita. (We're from Texas. We know!) After a long drive to this destination, the comfort of the beds and the room more than compensated with not being able to stare at the falls at 3 AM. We were able to walk to the falls that night (recommended) to see it in the colorful lights and then again the next morning, to do the walk behind the Falls thing. The $12 dollars (not 20 to 30 at other hotels) parking allowed us to have a safe place to keep the car until after we left for out next destination (New York). The front desk said it was OK to park beyond the 11:00 am checkout time, if we were going down to the Falls before leaving Canada. Always stay on the Canadian side when at Niagara Falls, and if you are not on your honeymoon or a millionaire, this is a real fine place to bed down and do your touristy thing. Of the six hotels/motels on our Texas to Chicago, to Niagara Falls to Mammoth Cave trip back to Texas, this ranked No. 2. (would have gotten five balls rating if it had free breakfast or a real Falls view, but all other aspects mean, you must consider this place. I would stay here again)

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the highest floor available, centered so you can see what you can see.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank HeyJim1
Reviewed January 18, 2012

By far the most disgusting place I've ever been too including camping out. Well I might have been better off camping out cuz the bedding, (dirt) floor, washrooms...don't take your boots off!

Room Tip: don't choose this place
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Debbie B
Reviewed January 9, 2012

My daughter and I went to Niagara Falls for the festival of lights (amazing by the way, you absolutely must make a piont to see this festival) and we choose the best western so we could take our dog with us. The hotel was easy to locate and the staff was friendly and helpful. It was clean enough but had carpeted walls which kind of grosses me out a bit (that being said they appeared to be clean)

Pros:
travel with pet
walking distance to EVERYTHING
price
Friendly staff
Beds were extremely comfortable

Cons:
The "Kennel" that they advertise is a room in the back that has multiple carriers in it. No one is supervising the pets and it was not a clean room. I left my dog there for a couple of hours and felt horrible the entire time. We left the dog in the room alone for the remainder of the trip (which is allowed)
The restaurant in the hotel never opened, we intentionally book with hotels who have a restaurant so we have a quick and easy breakfast option. It was very disappointing to discover that it never opens and that we were never notified about this upon booking.
Maid service was not great. We found our room no cleaner than when we left, new towels and fresh toilet paper were the only evidence of the maid arriving at all.
The street is VERY noisey, the IMAX theatre is directly across the street and it has a running announcement that never seemed to stop.
Do NOT pay for the room upgrade (I can only speak of the delux upgrade) it isn't very much to upgrade but it is a complete waste of money, yes you can see the skylon tower but through a dingy balcony and that seems to be the only thing that is upgraded from a average hotel room.

Of course none of this could possiblly ruin a trip to the amazing falls but if I could do it all over again I would pay for a proper kennel back home and stay at the Hilton!

Room Tip: Don't waste money on the deluxe upgrade, you'll be placed in an average room overlooking a n...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank OttawaCookie
Reviewed December 27, 2011

This hotel is not one of the fancy ones that are in Niagara falls. This hotel is located among many attractions and within walking distance of the falls. The staff was very welcoming and could provide me and my family with lots of information about attractions. This hotel is defiantly one of the best and trusted places to bring your dog. This hotel has a kennel
Service that is the best. The whole staff has taken courses on dealing with dogs. While you are out walking niagara falls, the kennel service will walk your dog and play with your furry friend. As long as your dog won't be non-stop barking in your room, then your dog can stay with you in then room. The fee for the kennel service is $20 and that is for the whole time you are there. Overall this a great,cheap hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Samantha G
Reviewed December 26, 2011

Great, friendly customer service. Very pet friendly with special dog treats waiting at front desk. This is the ONLY pet friendly hotel in Niagara Falls, ON...!

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed December 19, 2011

We have stayed at Best Western Fallview about 2 times a year in March and December each year for the past 8 years. We have a dog so there arent many options of places to stay as many hotels arent pet friendly. I would ask the total cost when I would phone reserve my room and get a price but it wasnt until the last stay last December that I was really wondering my quoted price over the phone and my actual price didnt match when I would ask at the front desk when paying they would tell me the price I was quoted WAS without taxes and I didnt know the % of taxes and I ended up paying MORE then quoted.I ask for a room with 2 double beds and THEY would upgrade me to Skylon tower view with 2 queen beds. This time I was quoted $306 for my stay included taxes parking and the dog fee and I made sure that the price I was quoted on the phone included everything! When we got the express check out statement early in the morning the bill was for $325.55 ! I paid this amount as I couldnt get on to the WiFi to double check my emails.When I got home I checked everything and called them back they took care of it gave me a $23.14 credit back to my bank account. I wonder how many times they have done this to me and other people I was charged regualr price for the "free upgraded room" for the second night. They said the auditor would have caught it within weeks but if the room price was correct and over looked as a free upgrade who would have caught it. It isnt a bad hotel to stay at if you have no other option with a pet. The Bistro Restauant is too expensive there are cheaper options close by.

Room Tip: If you are on a lower floor there is no reason to pay extra to get the fallsview room as you cant se...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family