“Good hotel”

Ranked #49 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Toronto, Canada
“Good hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

The location was great if you want to go to the new casino.
Large clean room with balcony. Comfortable bed.
Also room was quiet, maybe the carpet on the walls in the hallway helped but sure is unusual looking.
The airconditioner was a bit noisy but OK.
Indoor pool.
A good 3 star hotel if the price is right.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
St Catharines, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2011

We stayed here on our trip to Niagara Falls and found this Best Western to be a good one. The halls were kinda odd, carpeting on the walls, but we figured that was possibly for sound since we were close to the falls. The hotel is nice, not the fanciest one we have seen but really nice people work here, so that makes a difference! The hotel has a restaurant inside, but the downside to this, it is not open very many hours, and since there is a restaurant, there is no breakfast included in the price of the rooms, only a discount of 10%. I would rather have the breakfast. All in all, this is a nice place to stay!

Mitchell ontario Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2011

This was not our first stay at this hotel but I can tell you it is our last. We had trouble booking the reservation and when checked in even though it was in my name the clerk insisted my husband sign in and unbeknowst to us the hotel reserved a large amount of money on our credit card. Upon checking my credit card online I discovered this and questioned the clerk, he said was standard hotel procedure, I questioned if that was true, why wasn't I advised and why is there no documentation anywhere backing this up. He could not answer me. We got to our room, noticed there was no fridge and microwave and the lock on the sliding glass door was broke. Appareantly fridge and microwave are not standard anymore you can have for a fee. We had a package deal for 2 of our meals, the first night was great after that a washout. When we checked out I was handed the bill and was more than I was quoted, the clerk said that is the package price and since we were never given the original papers that my husband signed even though he asked for it, I couldnt prove anything . I gave her my Best Western card for points and she had problems putting thru but finally did. Then I find out the hotel refused to give me the 250 points saying was package deal then why did you take my card. At the end of the day this was a horrible stay at the Best Western Fallsview and would never go back. I feel that if hotels are going to be sneaky like that and not be up front with their policies, then I can find a better honest hotel to stay at.

Room Tip: Check out your room before you sign in and ask all kinds of questions regarding hotel policies prior...
6 Thank Deborah B
Kitchener, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2011

My wife, son, our dog and I stayed here for 2 nights with the main criteria being we could keep our dog with us. As many have commented previously the hotel is close to the main attractions and the $10 parking just outside our room was convenient. Upon entering the area of the hotel where pets are allowed we noticed a musty smell and found austere corridors (brown carpet on the walls) and room (no fridge, glasses or bottles of shampoo/conditioner). The beds and bathroom were clean but the temperature too high for our comfort with no way to adjust the thermostat to a lower temperature. We had to open the balcony door but the roar of the Stanley Avenue traffic and tour buses parking below were too loud to allow conversations. All three of us were exhausted the next two days due to the extreme firmness of the beds, roar of the traffic and paper thin walls(we could hear the conversations next door). We all agreed our one inch camping foam we use in our tent (sleeping on the ground) was more comfortable than the 2 queen size beds in this hotel. We definitely won't be staying here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side (Stanley Avenue) are noisy due to tour buses and traffic. Check the firmness...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Bruce M
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

We stayed at the BW Fallsview on a bus trip. I was pleased with the hotel. They had people come meet the bus and took care of our suite cases. Our room had a view of the Imax Theatre and the Skylon Tower. We had comfortable chairs on our balcony. The casino was on the next block. The room furniture wasn't what you'd get in a $300 a night hotel but the bed was very comfortable. The room was clean and the bath had a large tub. We had both breakfast and dinner at the hotel restaurant and it was good. I stop in for a drink at the end of the night and was WOW'ed by the taxes on the drinks. Local beer 6 bucks - OK , shot of scotch 7 buck still OK. Total bill almost 17 dollars. There is a tax for liquor in a hotel and the famous high sales tax in Canada. Ouch! Would definitely stay there again, but no nightcaps!

Mumbai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

Walkable distance to Niagara Falls was the main criteria of choosing this hotel.. Also near many other attractions so could stay out till late without worrying of traveling back..We had our own car & Car parking space was good & just next to our rooms which saved time.. rooms were average but we were out for most of the time & hence did not matter.. did not use room service as a little distant from main reception area. overall good for 2 nights stay.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

I stayed here with my fiancee for three nights. We chose this hotel because it was in literally the best location for the cheapest price. We just had a King bed room, we didn't want to pay any extra for anything special. the view we had was of the parking lot and the Imax Theatre across the street. The room was nice and clean, and the bathroom had all the toiletries, they even provided the shampoo and shower gel in the shower for you! We ate at the hotel's restaurant once for dinner, and it was very nice. The dollar store was cute for any cheap gifts you may have wanted to buy, and they had a convenience store which we literally got our best breakfast from, chocolate muffins and chocolate milk!

The only thing that was an inconvenience for us was that all the ice machines on every floor in our section of the building were not working, so we had to walk down to the 3rd floor, cross a little bridge to get to the other section of the building, which had carpet walls (that was cool), and walk to that floor's ice machine if we wanted any ice.

Other than that, if we wanted to save money on a hotel in the Niagara Falls area ever, we would definitely come back to this one!

Room Tip: If you want to save the most money, book in advance of more than 6 weeks, and they will cut more of...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple