“Delicious Greek food but......”

Koutouki Greek Cuisine
Ranked #21 of 578 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We dined at Koutouki on our recent visit to Niagara Falls. We love Greek food, and the food here did not disappoint. Both the Moussaka and Lamb Kleftiko were delicious and well prepared. The service was good....until we attempted to pay the check with US dollars. We were informed by the server: we would be charged an extra 5%, unless we paid with a credit card; that it was illegal for her to give us change in US dollars since only banks could change money. Additionally, we were treated to a "sermon" about how they didn't have to accept US $$ at all, since it was foreign currency and Canadian $$ were not accepted when she shopped over the border in the US. We were contemplating a return visit to the restaurant but were turned off by what seemed like an anti American attitude and did not return. Later we inquired, in places where we shopped, if giving change in US currency was illegal. No one we spoke to had ever heard of such a thing. The restaurant was going to incur a fee for our use of a credit card, so the whole thing didn't make sense. In any case, my rating of very good is strictly for the quality of the food.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

This is non your regular Gyro and Pita Greek place. Rather it is an authentic tradtional Greek restaurant. Great food, great warm service at a good price. Many restaurants in our city are over priced and under-deliver, but not this one. Enjoy!

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Our family was in Niagara Falls which includes 2 small children for a little family vacay. I asked the hostess for a booster seat and a high chair, they could only provide the booster b/c they only had 1 high chair which was being used at the time. We found the service slow and I had to ask for the booster seat 3 times before it arrived, so that was annoying! The saganaki was dry, the souvlaki meal was good, the Greek salad needs to be more of an authentic Greek salad with a better dressing. The waitress/owner I found to be too fake. All in all, I'm not running to go back but the food was better the most of the restaurants we've been to in Niagara Falls.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

As we had travelled by road from Toronto and had a late lunch; we were late for our dinner at Niagara and also could not decide what or where to eat. My son's friend( who stays in Niagara) suggested this restaurant and we decided to try our luck although the locality seemed deserted. We were apprehensive when we entered this restaurant( quite late) as only three customers were present and there were only two waiters( one at Bar). But all our apprehensions were cast aside when we were warmly entertained. As we are total novice in the matter of Greek cuisine ; we totally relied upon the suggestion of our server. I can only say that next day we ended up specially calling our son's friend and thanking him profusely ! We had Chicken Souvlaki, Kota Gemisti and greek lamb Kleftico( yes! I had written down the dishes) with fresh baked bread and we ( three of us) enjoyed every dish with nice greek red wine ! We had a fantastic evening . Only when I sat down to write this review( and read other reviews) I found that my discovery was already stale !

1  Thank shasidpra
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Best all around time we've had at a restaurant here in Niagara Falls in many visits. Friendly, attentive service, great Greek food, fine presentation, good value. We had Psaronefri, Kleftikio and Greed red Immiglyos to drink (Mackenize warned us it would be different and, gladly, it was!). We look forward to coming back soon and often.