“Delicious”

The Keg Steakhouse & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg Steakhouse & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 582 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Stanley Ave & Ferry
Description: The Keg Steakhouse + Bar, located in the lobby of the Courtyard Marriott Hotel serves up mouth-watering steaks and succulent seafood in a comfortable, inviting atmosphere. Quality, comfort and value are three key ingredients that make The Keg Steakhouse & Bar experience like no other. The menu features tender, juicy steaks, slow roasted prime rib, succulent shellfish, the freshest of salads, irresistible desserts... And of course, an outstanding wine list. Join us every night in the Keg Lounge for our daily cocktail specials from $5. Monday: Traditional & Sugared Apple Mojitos Tuesday: Strawberry Mule Wednesday: Dark & Stormy Thursday: Keg Margarita Friday: Cinnamon Tequila Saturday: Caesar Diablo Sunday: Red & White Sangria See you Tonight!
Reviewed June 29, 2013

All four of our meals (steaks) were prepared exactly as ordered and the food and service were excellent. A bit pricey, but as expected in a tourist area.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

My husband and I are regular diners at The Keg, In fact we met while working for the Keg 28 years ago (yikes!). We visited this location last night to belatedly celebrate our 24th anniversary. We were a little directionally challenged and actually thought we were going to the Fallsview location but parking here is ample and free and we were running a few minutes behind so we decided to stay. Although the decor is pretty standard for The Keg the layout is odd. It kind of felt like we were dining in a hallway. Are there any windows in this location? Service was prompt with our server arriving as the hostess left the table and she was friendly enough, however; we felt like we were being rushed out the door which was odd considering the dining room appeared to be more than half empty. The server prompted us twice for our food order before we were finished deciding, at one visit to the table even asking for our order while my husband was finishing a work call on his cell phone with the menu still open in front of him. I ordered a Mushrooms Neptune appetizer and Teriyaki steak with a baked potato for dinner and my husband ordered the classic dinner which started with a ceasar salad followed up by a Teriyaki steak. The server immediately brought the ceasar salad but no Mushrooms Neptune so my husband politely waited about 10 minutes for my appetizer to arrive so we could eat together. No comment from the server when she brought the second appetizer. We had also ordered two glasses of wine and before she brought the carafes I noticed that my wine glass was dirty so when she returned I asked for a new glass, again, no comment or apology for the dirty one. When we were about a third of the way finished our appetizers the server arrived with our meals. I told her she was way too early for serving our dinner and she said 'Oh, do you want me to take them away then?' No apology. My husband said yes, please, we would like to enjoy our appetizers first without our meals getting cold. This time she waited until we were finished our first course and our plates cleared before serving the main course. Everything was hot but the side dish of teriyaki sauce had a thick skim on the top and the red peppers were slightly wrinkled letting us know the meals had sat under the heat at the pass while she waited for us to finish our first course. The food was good, I have yet to eat at a Keg where the food was not good and it is always consistent so a few timing lessons for the servers would go a long way to making the dining experience better. All diners at a table should be served their appetizer together, same with the other courses, and the next course should never be served until all dishes from the previous course have been finished and removed. Also, if this dining room is half empty on a Friday night when most Keg locations have a wait list starting at 5 p.m., perhaps management should consider why? The entrance through the hotel lobby makes it seem more like a casual fast food place; also, having it located in a hotel isnt really the ambiance I would expect from The Keg, including the odd layout. We will continue to be regular diners at The Keg St. Catharines or Burlington but this location is a definite miss.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We recently ate at The Keg in Niagara Falls and it was wonderful. Adults were $12.99 and kids $6.99 but there was so many options and the food was delicious. Our server was awesome. Definately recommend and would go back for sure!!

1  Thank Missy L
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My girlfriend and I had a gotten a meal voucher for The Keg through a package deal and, from the looks of the menu online, everything looked promising. We ordered a steak and an appetizer (scallops wrapped in bacon), both which tasted quite good. While the appetizer was not filling for the price we paid, the main dish more than made up for it. Servings were large enough that we were both able to eat our fill from the same plate. The service, however, left much to be desired. The following issues were encountered:

Problem 1: The hostess at the front desk didn't notice us right away because she was too busy flirting with the bartender (also up front). After finally a acknowledging us and getting another hostess to sit us down, she quickly returned to flirting with the bartender.

Problem 2: We had made online reservations through OpenTable and were on time. When we told the hostess about our reservation, she verbally acknowledged it. However, I received an email later that the restaurant had deemed us a no-show. Guess that bartender must have been REALLY hot.

Problem 3: The hostess issue helped contribute to what we both felt was an uncomfortable atmosphere. These feelings were further exacerbated by our waiter, who seemed pretty stand-offish. In fact, he rarely came back to our table to check on us or refill water. At one point, the manager stopped by to ask us how the food was, and he was super personable and welcoming.

Problem 4: We both had problems with upset stomachs (albeit in different forms) that night, which we're pretty sure stemmed from the food we ate at The Keg. Definitely not a great way to finish the evening.

Thinking of eating at The Keg? Think again. If doing a package deal, just get the meal vouchers for TGI Friday's instead.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

On a recent visit to the Falls, we decided to eat at the Keg because our hotel gave us a voucher for a percentage of the meal off. That was a great incentive. I always thought Keg=Ripoff, so I've not really gone there a lot. WELL, was I surprised by the dinner here!

The host is very congenial - takes an interest in the customer right away, makes you feel "at home". Then, the server came by to introduce herself to us. I want to shout out to Cristina for the fabulous service during our meal. We each had an appetizer (I had crab cakes and my spouse had escargots) - right out of the gate our taste buds were awakened. Then we ordered steak. I tell you, if you go to the Keg and you don't have the steak - then go to another restaurant - because Keg means steak. We had the rib eye on the bone and it was excellent. The sides were very well portioned to the 20 oz star attraction. They also serve warmed home made bread with butter. I had no room for coffee, tea or anything else. The evening was fabulous. If you're in the Falls and you want to have an exceptional meal, go to the Keg.
The staff know how to treat you right.