“Incredible place to stay. The best in the area.”
other travelers have booked this property
enjoy the Hoblet, the animals and all of Natures Energy here in the country in Niagara Falls, Canada
600 sq ft. self catering cottage. Viewing the forest, private patio and yard and the animals more outside views, passing the 'circle of elements' fire pit and barbeque area, all private
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Hoblet's porch, totally private, and your own forest
'Froglet' pond', kids love counting the frogs, and seeing the fish. Meet Olly & Molly (the ducks)
Circle of Elements Fire Pit (wood included and fire prepared for you)
walkway from the hoblet, over the bridge to parking, pasture and more gardens
hammock, garden swings, firepit ....even the marshmallows are supplied!
private parking, equine pasture in the background, private walk and yard to hoblet
pasture and equines can be seen from the parking and 'circle of elements' fire pit
enjoy a meet and greet with the animals from our little rescue sanctuary
browsing  the web takes on a whole new meaning at the hoblet. (wifi is available, conditions apply)
winter wonderland, Christmas 2012
winter is beautiful too, you can arrange time with the equines
I don't know which season I like better
December 30, 2012   Happy New Year to All, Peace on Earth, Good Will toward Man & All Living Creatur
the 'circle of elements', we have had weddings and vow renewals here too
our guests have told us the hoblet & space is magical!  it all begins here...
....here's Monty, part of the welcoming committee!
entertainment centre, hundreds of movies, games, books. Try being unplugged and enjoy natures energy
dinning table (for 4)
gas fireplace (skylight over sitting area and kitchen)
open concept living room area, gas fireplace in corner
third skylight over dinning area. Private views out and around forest
4 burner stove top (no oven), microwave. Small apartment fridge
2 seater, far infrared sauna in bathroom
shower, sink, vanity and sauna. Towels, hairdryer, soap, shampoo all provided
Queensize bed. (maximum occupancy is 4 people). Single rollaway would fit in bedroom. (NO PULLOUTS)
Full queen size bed in separate bedroom. Cot (single rollaway) available upon request. Max 4 people
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Karen T
Mississauga, Canada
“Incredible place to stay. The best in the area.”
Reviewed January 1, 2014 for a stay in January 2014
people found this review helpful

We just returned from our second stay at The Hoblet in 4 months. We found this gem in September and it is the 1st place where my husband and I enjoyed our stay so much that we did not want to leave. When we discovered The Hoblet was available for New Years we booked our return visit prior to leaving that day.

The Hoblet is a beautiful cottage in a rural setting. You feel like you are getting away from it all. It is perfectly located as it is also close to Niagara Falls if you want to venture out for sightseeing, shopping or dinner. Truly the best of both worlds.

There are so many layers as to why The Hoblet is an incredible place.
-From the moment you enter the drive you will sense a positive peaceful energy in the air. This is hard to describe but you will know it when you feel it.
-The hosts Petra and Mush make you feel completely welcome.
Their home is fair distance from the cottage so if you need anything Petra is a phone call away. They do a great job of giving privacy and they leave you to enjoy the property.
The cottage has many floor to ceiling windows that brings the beautiful outdoors in. There is also a fabulous patio to enjoy the sights and sounds.
The Hoblet is also an animal rescue sanctuary with the main focus being on donkeys. There are also other rescue personalities from pot belly pigs, goats and a miniature horse. These animals are much loved and you can actually feel their happiness. They are loving pets that will greet you continuously throughout your stay. Incredible.

If you are hesitating or considering other properties...stop. BOOK The Hoblet.
The accommodations and surroundings will exceed your expectations. It is a hidden gem that we are so thrilled we discovered.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The surroundings are gorgeous
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
EileenM32...
“Beautiful relaxing retreat!”
Reviewed December 26, 2013 for a stay in November 2013

The hoblet is an amazing little retreat! My boyfriend and I stayed here for a weekend getaway and it was perfect! Petra and Mush go above and beyond to make sure you enjoy every bit of your stay. Petra is the sweetest person you will ever meet.The animals were a great little bonus. We loved feeding them. Loved Homey! We can't wait to go back!

TammyC201...
Friendship, Maryland
“Relaxing, highly recommend”
Reviewed December 15, 2013 for a stay in November 2013

Our party of 4 (2 adults and 2 children, ages 13 and 15) spent a very relaxing and pleasant week at the Hoblet from November 24th through December 1st. The weather even cooperated as we woke two mornings to fresh fallen snow, 4 inches one morning and 3 inches another. The snow was just enough to make our surroundings more enchanting and idyllic but not enough to get in our way. We spent two enjoyable evenings around the fire pit, roasted marshmallows and told stories. It was a bit chilly but fun was had by all.

The Hoblet is small but cozy. My three concerns; no oven, no fireplace and close proximity to the owner’s residence quickly vanished. As for the oven, we were there over Thanksgiving and I was concerned about cooking a turkey but had absolutely no problems on the grill outside and our 15 year old son proclaimed it the best turkey we have ever made. I was delighted to find that the owners had recently installed a fireplace (electric, I think) in the corner of the room beside the couches. My husband was concerned with the proximity to the owners dwelling. I can say without reservation that it felt like we were on the property alone. The Hoblet faces toward an open field and the animals and away from the owner’s house.

I won’t repeat all the other reviewers that talk about the ideal location and surrounding restaurants and entertainment. Please read the other reviews for this. I would however like the echo the other reviewers on how pleasant the owners are. I can’t say enough about Petra and Mush. As we were first time vacationers to Niagara and Ontario, they were happy to share their knowledge but not over attentive in any way. The animals are awesome and I am so thankful that there are kind hearted people in this world like Petra and Mush. We enjoyed our meet and greet and learned a lot about donkeys and pigs. My 13 year old daughter and I enjoyed Monte, George and Cuddles the most. We like taking them apples and pears and greeting them in the mornings. Having said all that, you don’t have to be an animal lover to enjoy your stay here as my husband and son can attest.

Niagara was an easy and picturesque drive from Maryland. We would like to visit Niagara in the summer time and will defiantly plan on staying at the Hoblet on our return visit.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Teenagers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
Dec 14, 2013
Thanks so much,it was a pleasure to have you here celebrating Thanksgiving. We too were worried about your turkey, thanks for tip on "turkey on a barbeque"! Who knew! Hope to see you again,(and oh...the fireplace is gas, glad you enjoyed it).
Pittsburgh

A romantic getaway Rugged travelers
NJ
Reviewed September 14, 2013 for a stay in September 2013

A romantic getaway Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing