“this place is bad....”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Austin, Texas
“this place is bad....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed at the super 8 north of the falls right next door and so we tried this place. The super 8 person said it was good less expensive food. That was not true at all. This place is very expensive for the food that you get. We spent about $12 per person for things like sandwiches and fries and the food was not good. On top of the below average but very pricey food, the service was absolutely terrible. There is only one person serving and doing the register and all that with one person cooking. It took forever for very basic food. One specific item, we ordered garlic bread and got four tiny little pieces for about $10. It seriously looked like they took one normal piece and cut it into four pieces.
One comparison that I almost could not believe. The next day, we went to the casino there by the falls and Skylon tower. In that casino complex was a nice restaurant by the name of the Famous. We spent less per person for much better food and a much nicer restaurant in a much nicer building.
Seriously, no matter how tired you are when you get to the Super 8, don't waste your time or money on this Rivers edge place.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank ben l

Wilmington, Delaware
“Food was poor”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

The food was less than average, barely edible IMHO. There were a few things on the buffet that sustained me, but for the most part, didn't look appetizing. The variety was very limited also. Not worth it. So many better options in Niagara Falls.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank peppermintpattey
Bowie, Maryland
“Good food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2009

We were staying at the Super 8 North of the Falls which is right next door. We were only there one day so we choose to have lunch at River's Edge; we both had fish and chips and a beer. The meal was very good, actually, not enough food, I wanted more. I thought it was a little pricey for the simple reason that it’s just a "cafe" type of restaurant; there was one waitress who served us and also rang us up. There was only one other person in the place. It is not fancy at all, shorts and flip-flops type of place. I didn't think the place would be so high, but the food was good. I can't remember how much it was since it has been a few weeks before I was allowed to post this review, since it’s new to this site. It's convenient to the hotel and served its purpose for us. If you really want to know how much we spent, email me and I will dig up the receipt.

1 Thank boo2U