All reviewsyogi bearboo boojumping pillowthemed eventsontario parksbig water slideqew highwaythe shuttle driverfull kitchenmini puttlaundry roomheated poolthis past weekendolder kidslundy's lanelate at nightclose proximity
Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

Besides being really close to the falls, there are not a whole lot of perks. I’m not sure if it’s because of the types of campers that mainly vacation there or how the camp is maintained but I would not bring my Little kids here again.
At check-in I was met with an additional $60 bill because we had two young kids, the explanation I was given was it wouldn’t be fair to have couples pay for kids they didn’t have.... WHAT?! A family park they claim... but charge extra if you’re a family.... By that logic you would then think that the activities would be included since you’re paying $3 per day per child but No! Everything is an extra cost and either opens late or closes early (10am, 12pm closes by 7:55pm). The sites are very packed ( preferred sites are not preferred), and when booking for more than one camper don’t be fooled by the online map. We booked two sites side by side ( according to the map) which ended up being a whole site up and across facing another direction. As soon as we arrived to our site the whole thing was covered in a ton of cigarette butts. I asked for someone to go clean it and within 30 minuets everything was picked up. The next issue is laundry, so the washer says $1.50 but in fact it’s actually $2.75 a load ( increased from last years price!!!). The pool and park leave something to be desired in terms of updating. The activities are ok, wagon ride with character is the only time I say any characters and it was a big max of 8 minuet ride.
Again I would like to stress that the atmosphere is not your average family campground, a lot of young workers ( which is great for them to have summer jobs) could be the reason many campers are less interested in having basic camping etiquette. People walk around smoking cigarettes or pot everywhere, people were taking peoples items out of washers or taking over dryer times, I watched big RV campers with huge lights blaring into tiny little campers windows all night long. Loud music right under your windows because the sites are so small. The activities coordinator was really nice and helpful in trying to make the activities beneficial. The noise from the train was annoying, but we left our fan running to drown out the noise. The campground is dated, and understood that Yogi is “vintage” but they could be doing more to show the new generation what the cartoon is and make them more interested. I’m sure for the price you’re paying there are better places to camp in Niagara Falls Ontario.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2018

We enjoyed our short stay of 3 nights. The staff were friendly and accommodating. Small gestures of good customer service really made the stay pleasant. Office staff assisted with booking attractions. Conveniently located to the hub of Niagara Falls. Shuttle available for a fee. Would have been nice if it was cheaper or even free. The boys loved the bounce pillow, slide & pool. Lots of play areas

Room Tip: This is not a hotel so ratings above refer to campground.
Reviewed July 27, 2018

Jellystone lives up to its reputation even in Canada. The staff is very friendly, and the accommodations are clean and well kept. I'd just prefer more chairs and a couple of umbrellas at the pool. Their shuttle makes it easy to get to and from the Falls. The driver is excellent; full of historical information along the ride. The resort also has a bounce pad and a giant water slide for a nominal fee that keeps the kids busy. The resort is also close to a shopping center for anything that you might need, such as a Walmart, a liquor store, and a number of specialty shops, so you can take advantage of the U.S. to Canada conversion rate. I would certainly recommend it for families.

Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

We stayed in one of the park models for two night, we left 1 day early. The park model has plenty of room and has two bedroom areas which is nice, but the front folding doors for the main room are broke. The slides are leaning and they’ve had to put posts up to support them. The bathroom has water damage and needs work as the front part of the tub is very soft. The breaking point for us was when we returned after staying the entire day at the Falls to our door being wide open. My husband went to the office at 10:30 at night to find out who was in the trailer as he had checked that it was locked when we left. The office had mistakenly given another family the same trailer and that family opened the door and realized they were given the wrong trailer. No fault of this family but the door on the trailer did not latch automatically so the door did not latch when they left. We feel the office should have verified the trailer door was closed and locked after their error but obviously they did not. The person in the office was apologetic but this makes for us uncomfortable and we chose to leave and lose the additional night.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Dawn H
Reviewed July 18, 2018

We stayed at the Yogi Campsite on July 13th to the 15th. We had a large group of about 20 ranging in ages from 78 years old to one years old. (lots of toddlers in our group) When you first go in it almost just seems like a trailer park. There are rows of cabins scattered throughout though. We stayed in the bare bones cabin and yeah its pretty "bare bones". But it did have a light and an outlet as advertised. I personally am not big on camping but my husband loved it. It's a very small space. There are two wooden bunks about knee level to put your air matresses on. We had our 1 year old daughter with us so once we set up the pack and play we couldn't walk around at all (plus bags and stuff) There are two chairs on the little porch (came in handy) and a grill (bring your own charcoal) and a fire pit. Unfortunately, there was a fire ban on so fires only to cook and they must be completely out by 9:30pm (Not the campsite's fault- we've just had very dry weather) Some groups (within our group) were fairly loud so I had trouble sleeping. I kept hoping staff would come by and tell them to shut it down LOL It didn't happen so they're a little lax with that but not with the fire ban. My daughter loved the tractor ride with Boo boo (free)and she met Yogi at her cousin's bday party there. All the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. Absolutely, no issue there. The swimming pool was great (free) and the play ground as well(free) Yes, there are a few add-ons but it wasn't as bad as some of the other reviews made it seem. Our daughter was to young to participate so she just played with the other kids and had a wonderful time. I might come back as a day trip but I don't think we'd stay over night. We consider our dog part of our family (and like to bring him with us as he has some anxiety and it takes some re-training when we get home which is a pain in the butt) Dogs aren't allowed on the premises unless you own an RV and yeah I'm not going to buy one so I can bring my dog and renting them is outrageous. I'd rather stay at a dog friendly hotel. Now- my sister in law rented the Yogi Bear cabin and it was an amazing cottage. Full kitchen, air conditioning etc. So if you don't have a dog to worry about then yes! Its a blast. We had fun but the trip was a bit ruined when I kept getting updates from the dog sitter re: the anxiety. Almost forgot: A few in our group tented and they had prime spots (But we booked in January) Flat ground, good tree coverage (with healthy trees) etc