“Macaroni Grill..but paying for more and getting less?!?.”
Review of Romano's Macaroni Grill - CLOSED

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: With expansive street-side views, diners can enjoy al fresco dining while savouring a menu that offers generous portions of Italy’s best including: pastas, veal, seafood, steaks, roasted chicken, pizza baked in wood-burning ovens, soups and hard-to-resist desserts. The family friendly restaurant will welcome guests daily for lunch and dinner and is open year-round.
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

It feels odd to be writing about a run of the mill American chain such as Macaroni Grill but I felt this was one of those circumstances where I must be the cautionary tale for others. Let me start off by saying the food is fine the service is friendly, attentive and the restaurant is lovely. That said, holy cow 13.00 kids meals and 28.00 pasta dishes a la carte (no add a sald for 3.99-you can pay the 7.99 if you want a side sized salad) and have to ask for bread that is stale and tastes re heated x 3. I understand not everything is to American standards. I don't walk into Tim Hortons and expect Dunkin Donuts super so sized coffees. However, if I want into an American chain in Canada I hardly expect London prices.

93.00 pre gratuity for 3 entrees 1 wine 1 beer

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I had read a few bad reviews on TA, but we had a $40 voucher and thought we would give it a try. I was really surprised. The prices were a little high, like everything else in the area. The average meal was around $26 and a soda was $3.99. We paid around $20 for 2 of us with the voucher, which was a great value. Our meal was absolutely wonderful. We could not finish the entire meal because the serving size was quite large. I was pleasantly surprised with how good everything was. My pasta was cooked perfectly.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

The food was excellent but a bit pricey but that to be expected Ina tourist location. Expect to pay $30-$40 per person with beverages.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Part of our package at the Hilton was a voucher for dinner. We booked our reservation online before arriving at the hotel. Very promt service to our table. I think they were a little short staffed that night as service was a little slow, but not a big deal as we were in no hurry and at the end of the day the service was still good.
A good selection on the menu but be warned the portion's are quite large and very filling. Our food was very good, served nice and hot as well.

Will go back for sure

Reviewed April 10, 2013

During spring break 2013 I took my family to Niagara Falls. It was freezing cold but a warm pasta dinner at Roman's Macaroni Grill at the Hilton warmed us up. The dining room is the nicest part of the experience. Our table looked out the window to the casino across the street. This restaurant is in the Hilton which also has a few bars to have a cocktail after dinner.

Food: Typical for this restaurant. Smaller portions then I usually get at our Macaroni Grill on 202 in Wilmington, DE but enough to fill us up.

Wine: Waiter made a wine suggestion and it was a nice addition to the dinner.

Service: Nice guys but didn't give us the desired amound of attention. One waiter started the meal and another took over without saying why. We had to ask and were told they were busywhen we arrived so Mark started it and the 2nd one finished the service (didn't know his name). We arrived later in the evening and before we knew it the waiters got busy changing tableclothes to the gold ones for the morning buffet. It was was very distracting while trying to dine. Plus, they seemed to forget about us so we had to wave them down to get drink refills.

The big question...Would I return? Yes but only if I was arriving earlier in the evening!