“A great time.”

Rainbow Room by Massimo Capra
Reserve with OpenTable
Rainbow Room by Massimo Capra is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 575 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: Italian, Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Falls Avenue
Description: The Rainbow Room by Massimo Capra (located at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Niagara Falls - Fallsview), features an unparalleled view of the majestic Falls and a rich history steeped with elegance and excellence extending more than 80 years. Offering an exquisite contemporary Italian menu, the Rainbow Room blends the playful spirit of Chef Massimo Capra and the on-going commitment to fine dining that has seen it play host to hollywood stars and International Royalty. To enhance the experience above the Falls, the Rainbow Room offers one of Niagara's best wine lists. Join us for Niagara Culinary Experiences-a series of showcase events featuring Chef Massimo Capra, special 5-course dinners with wine pairings from renowned wineries. New events just announced for 2017. Visit our site for more information.
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Food was very good. Loved the scallops and the lamb was cooked to perfection.
Staff was accommodating and professional.
We will return

CapraRainbowRoom, Manager at Rainbow Room by Massimo Capra, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your Rainbow Room experience on TripAdvisor. We value your feedback and thank you for dining with us. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

A review from foodies that take their children.
After many choices in the area. We called the restaurant and asked if they has fries, since my 3 year old wanted fries. Was advised that they have fries and a kids menu.
The waitress Lindsay was friendly but was horrible with children. That's fine no biggy, her contrived effort was acceptable at first.
We ordered drinks and then the food.
The food arrived...... Okay how does a "fine" dining restaurant screw up fries, especially fries that obviously came out of a bag. You would think that if they have them on the menu that they would actually take the time to cut and fry a potato. No ...an entree is in the $40 range. But they open a bag of fries and CANNOT even cook that right. Crispy and over seasoned and they looked like the crusty fires you would find at a greasy spoons fryer. I did request that they make other fries. They did and low and behold an actual potato made it to the table ...Yay!
I think not they were raw in the middle.
I did speak to the manager and she really could care LESS and tried to throw free dessert at the problem. In my discussion with the manager I was advised that I should have asked for fresh cut fries, instead of the frozen McCain.
I was livid as this place has no heart.

The scallops were over seasoned, the chicken was chewy (freezer burn?). The risotto was bland at best.
Requested for the bill, Lindsay came over with the bill and credit card terminal and stood behind me for approx 3 minutes until I sent her away. What kind if waitress in a "fine" dining restaurant hovers, you could tell she was trying to get us out.
The chef can't cook, plan and simple. The waitress was inept and the manager was not seeing the bigger picture.

Btw I work as a travel professional for over 20 years and I will NEVER recommend this place.

Spend your money else where this "restaurant" can't even make fries correctly and just want your cash.

Beware.

3  Thank Nick_Amanda_1

Thank you for taking the time to share your Rainbow Room experience on TripAdvisor, and I apologize that yours was not a pleasant one. All guests’ feedback is valuable to us, as it gives us an opportunity to improve and provide a better dining experience for our guests. Although we were unable to meet your expectations for french fries, we did our best to accomodate with the time given. Although it is not an excuse, if we had of known your son prefered fresh cut, we would have been able to serve properly the first time. Again sir, we apologize for not meeting your expectations and hope that you will consider visiting us again to make things right.

Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went here for dinner while staying at the Crowne Plaza for a weekend away. We had been here before - many years ago, and enjoyed it. But it's definitely changed.

We booked a reservation for a Fallsview table and got one - with an obstructed view. When we asked to move to an open table nearby, they refused. Our waiter was nice and friendly - to everyone around us, but not to us. It took 20 minutes for drinks to come, we had to ask for bread and then over an hour for the meal. (It wasn't even a busy night).

The food was good. I had the Halibut which was a small portion for the price, but still delicious and just enough for me. Had my husband ordered it, he would have left hungry because we did not have any starters or salad. He had the lamb and said it was good (the goat cheese risotto it came with was amazing), but again very pricey.

Despite the good food I would not bother returning here - better food can be found elsewhere with better service.

2  Thank Chantal S
CapraRainbowRoom, Supervisor at Rainbow Room by Massimo Capra, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your Rainbow Room experience on TripAdvisor, and I apologize that yours was not a pleasant one. We value your feedback and take it seriously here at Rainbow Room. I appreciate you sharing your positive comments on our menu items, and am truly sorry our service was below par. Thank you again for dining with us at Rainbow Room and for sharing your experience.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

The food was decent, but nothing special. The view was nice, but staff seated us in a very odd location, despite the empty tables & a specific request to be seated elsewhere. The value for the money didn't quite add up.

Thank you for taking the time to share your Rainbow Room experience on TripAdvisor, and I apologize that yours was not to your standards. We appreciate all feedback, as we can use it to improve. Thank you again for dining with us and sharing your experience.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

My mother & I had our Easter dinner at the Rainbow Room. We got lost trying to find the Crowne Plaza hotel wherein it is located, not realizing that the hotel is part of the Casino Niagara complex. We were late for our reservation & I explained the situation to the maitre d'. After we finished our mains, we were delighted to accept an offer for free dessert to make up for our trouble (which we had caused for ourselves!) This is service above and beyond in my book and we definitely will be back. The food was excellent--a wonderful rack of lamb with mustard and maple, as well as a pasta bolognese. And the desserts! You need to try for yourself.

CapraRainbowRoom, Manager at Rainbow Room by Massimo Capra, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience here at Rainbow Room with us on TripAdvisor. We were pleased to have you and your mother join us for Easter and are happy to hear you enjoyed yourselves. We take pride in our service that is provided and want to thank you for sharing your story!