“I second all the negative reviews, think twice in consideration of....”

Scottish Inns - Near the Falls & Casino
Ranked #57 of 69 Niagara Falls B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 30, 2013

the location is awful, right behind a food plant where there is constant humming and rattling. if you think you are immune to the noises while staying indoor in the motel, wrong!!! the AC is noisy.

there is not even a cup for brushing teeth. Phone forget it. The TV has limited channels and it uses some cheap antenna receiver. You may say that you don't care since you are paying the lowest that you can think of in the Falls, well, think twice, there are other motels in the same price range much better than this.

worst of all, i tried out booking.com for the first time with the assumption that it offers the lowest online price amongst other booking engine, but little did i realize that i got charged extra as i was told that it was stated in the terms and agreement, so for what i paid for the night, i could have a better one star motel than this. I know, for i visit the Falls twice a year, and i have been trying out various cheap motels, but this motel is ranked the lowest in my book.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank oldbutcool

Reviewed August 7, 2013

we as a family booked our accommodation at Scottish Inn because of the good reviews we viewed on several websites. As we entered the front staff we were welcomed warmly and all of our questions was asked. Our room was very large in size and very clean. It included all necessary utilities and a flat screen tv. Kids enjoyed playing video games on the tv because of Audio Video capability.
We enjoyed the nice large deck and even used the BBQ to cook meals for the family.
It was only a few min walk to the main area.
ON TOP OF EVERYTHING, the management got us 50% off Water Park Tickets for us and the kids to enjoy (over $232 saving).
It is a very good place for family reunions and get-to-gathers.
Will go back with more family and friends next time!

Room Tip: "ask for the balcony rooms"
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2013

we have stayed here before and again we enjoyed ourselves for 4 nights this time. the deck is now finished with bbq [which we used] a few tables and chairs we used the deck to sit and have our coffee in the morning and to eat on and later our drinks. rooms have microwaves and fridges which Is a good thing to have as you can bring your own drinks and food. close to Clifton hill and the casino.the staff is willing to do everything to make your stay wonderful. the price is also very reasonable. we will be going back for sure!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Myself and my Husband Moved In the Scottish Inn niagara Falls canada in may 1st 2013 till july 29th and i thought it was okay at first. myself and my husband helped around the motel and I helped do the rooms. we had a promblem with our air conditoner and we let them know and they said they were going to fix it when the handy man came in. this was 3 weeks ago . before we moved it still wasnt fixed. everyone kept knocking at our door all night and all day. the owner kept rasing the rent price , it was at 500 dollars when we frist moved in . and then each month we were there it went up a hundred dollars. there are no phones in the rooms . dont get me wrong the owners are nice ,

1  Thank Alicia D
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Walking distance to Clifton Hill, Niagara Falls, many restaurants, yet very quiet (at the end of the busy road). Free parking and free wireless internet. By staying at this hotel, we enjoyed visiting Niagara Falls and the area in a very relaxed way - after a long distance driving and seeing the Falls at night. We also enjoyed Niagara Falls in the early morning to feel the fresh air and listen to the sound of Falls when there were few people in the park.

For the price we paid, we did not expect "luxury"; hotel staff are accommodating and welcoming, provided us an electrical kettle for hot water and give us directions, etc.

Would recommend friends/family to stay at this property.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My boyfriend and I travel to Niagara Falls quite a bit in the summer. Let me just start by saying this was the worst experience we ever had. We booked the room through Hotels.com based on good reviews, only to find ourselves scrambling to find a better place to stay when we realized what a dive this motel was. I tried to give the place the benefit of the doubt by checking out the rooms when we arrived. The room we were provided was filthy. It hadn't been cleaned, there were used towels with a hair on one, along with half empty shampoo and conditioner bottles on the counter. The jacuzzi bathtub was dirty, and there was mold around the toilet. The mirrors had a foggy appearance to them, and the tv had some nasty residue on it. The beds looked like they had been laid in, and fresh sheets/pillowcases had not been changed. We requested a cleaning of our room. The motel clerk sent a man in to clean; his idea of this task was to spray the beds and room with Lysol spray. The location of this motel makes you feel like you are in the slums, with sketchy staff along with guests residing there. When I returned the key to the clerk to tell him that we had booked somewhere else, I apologized and explained we did not feel satisfied with the cleanliness or safety of this motel. His response to me was that I owed him $15.00 for using the soap in the room to wash my hands. I explained to him that I talked to Hotels.com and they exchanged the room for us for a better hotel, and there was no mention of this fee. I am shocked that he would even suggest such a charge, after all the hassle we had to go through as guests to find another place to stay. This was a disappointing experience at this motel for the short time we visited, and I will never return based off of poor customer service, lack of cleanliness and safety.

2  Thank Christine P
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The Scottish Inns is a quaint little motel not far from the Falls, Clifton Hill, or the Casino. It is clean with a comfortable queen size bed, a dresser, and a desk. There is a microwave and small refrigerator. The room does have a/c and cools the room nicely. If you are looking for a room where you can relax after a long day of walking around, then I recommend the Scottish Inns. The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating and when we asked where we could buy a couple of cups of coffee at 8:30 at night, the front desk person happily brewed a pot of coffee for us without charging. I was doubtful at first, but at the end of our stay...We definitely plan to return to this surprisingly wonderful little "oasis"! (Dan & Ness)

Room Tip: "Don't Judge A Book by its Cover"
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends