“Good meal!”

Ranked #34 of 560 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Remingtons of Niagara is Niagara's premier steak and seafood house. We feature award winning prime rib, lobster and more in a casual fine dining atmosphere.
Goderich, ON
“Good meal!”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We ate here as part of the Oakes Hotel package. We both had ceasar salad to start (very creamy and garlicky, which was great) and the steak with garlic mashed potatoes. I ordered my steak well-done and I would say it was more of a medium well, but still tasted delicious. My husband had a beer to drink and I had the espressotini. It was good and strong, but I had to ask for ice for it because it wasn't cold at all. Our service was fine, but not overly friendly (she forgot the other beer that we ordered.) It was kind of strange with the singing wait staff and the ones that we heard were okay, but not enough to make it a point that the staff sings. They do give you two separate bills showing what your total would be if you didn't have the voucher, but that was fine as it really does give you an idea of what to tip.

• Visited May 2013

• Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
“Fabulous package deal”
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

We went to Remington's as part of a package deal from The Oakes Hotel. My wife and I both LOVED the food. I had the prime rib and my wife had the NY strip. BOTH were excellent. It was literally the best prime rib I have ever had. It was thick (around 1"), juicy, delicious and super tender. I actually cut a couple pieces with my fork. I also got the prime rib soup as my appetizer. It was fabulous. I love barley, beef and broth and this had all three. My wife's steak was a good-sized portion and was a good quality cut of meat. The dessert was also delicious and unique. We had a chocolate raspberry truffle. We were pleasantly surprised when the waitstaff took a microphone around the restaurant singing to their own song choices. That was different and very unique. Our server, Heather, was very pleasant, personable and professional. She was also one of the singing waitstaff. The deal was so good that even after leaving a good tip, we felt like we got way more than our money's worth.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Tamara Y
Waterloo, Canada
“excellent”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

As part of our package, we had dinner at the Remingtons of Niagara and it was DELICIOUS. I would compare it to the Keg, only I think the prime rib could have been even better! There was entertainment throughout the night (servers have auditions as interviews) and it was just really different & neat!

Toronto, Canada
“Excellent Steak House with Talent Waitress!”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Oakes Hotel Overlooking the Falls and some Days Inns Hotel have the 'Gourmet Hotel Package" with this steak house. It provided a super value! The food was always good and some waitresses have the singing talent! Very impressive! It was a Live Entertainment without Any Extra Charge!

1 Thank Loong97
Richmond Hill, Canada
“Could have been better”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Went here as part of a package deal while staying at the Oakes Hotel. The restaurant needs updating. The chairs and tables have seen better days and the decor is outdated. The waiters and waitresses walk around with a microphone and pre-taped music and sing. Although their voices were good I found it somewhat tacky. The roast beef was alright...it wasn't to bad nor very good either. The buns were served sitting on a plate with paper doily. Buns in a basket with a linen napkin would have been a bit classier. The service was good and of course since this is a package deal you are presented with a paid bill. I know they do this so that you will tip on what the price would have been....perfectly acceptable, however they also have a chart with amounts to tip based on price paid. I find this offensive. I would visit again...only as part of a hotel deal. I would not go there independently.

1 Thank gorjan25