“Thrilling, Fun - worked out very expensive!”

Whirlpool Jet Boat Tours
Ranked #2 of 41 Tours in Niagara Falls
Hamilton
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Thrilling, Fun - worked out very expensive!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Took the jet boat on 8 July. Been looking forward to it for ages. The ride itself is fantastic, it's only when we came off the boat and had a look at the video taken and bought it, was I a tad disappointed. You can buy the USB stick for $39 approx plus tax which includes a 4 minute video or you can get individual photos for $24.95 approx. I only wanted the individual photo and an "action shot" as I figured I'd spent enough on the ride itself. Then to be told the printer was down so could only get the USB stick (more $$$ for them)! They should have said to me, we'll give you the USB stick for the same price as it wasn't my fault it was down, but no,, stupid me spends the full amount, $45, for the USB stick!!! They failed to deliver on this.More fool me though, because now that I have looked at the video, our party are on for about 30 seconds of the video with the rest being shots of other excursions of which are of no interest to me and shots of the boats!! All very well done but beware of the marketing upsell at the end of your trip. Felt slightly ripped off at the end of what was an amazing experience as it's a very expensive attraction in the first place.

1 Thank Wikkerwurld

• Korean first
Savoy, Illinois
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This was an awesome experience. They take you out on a 1500 horsepower boat to the Whilpool where there is grade 5 and grade 6 white water rapids. We did the open boat, and we got soaked, despite wearing a fisherman's rain coat and a poncho on top of it. The whole family loved it.

Visited June 2013
Mechanicsville, Maryland
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 131 helpful votes
“The BOMB!!!!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This was by most the BEST excursion/sight seeing that I did when on my anniversary trip!!!!! The boat was awesome and the people running the boat were just as awesome!!! We got off the boat completely drenched and it was a blast having the water blowing you RIGHT in your face. If you want the best seats, do the FRONT row!!!! I had a bathing suit on and a cover up--do the same but take off the cover up--no need to get it drenched as well, lol!!

Sam was our spokesperson and she was great! Shawn and Shaw 2(squared) were our captain and captains helper and they rocked the boat!!! John/Anthony drove us to/from and they were VERY informative about the area, as well as the excursion we were about to embark on!

A MUST DO!!!!!!!!!!!

Compton, California
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Swimming Pool Turned On Your Head”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

When they say that it is like a Pool being turned upside down on your head...They were not exaggerating at all. It was three times we went through the rapids and each time it felt as if we had a huge wave hitting us in our face. We sat on the third row...It was soo much fun! Just make sure your legs are free and not in front of a vertical metal bar. My wife hurt her knee there...So make sure you are free to move forward and back without hitting anything. Also, for peace of mind, have your smallest child in the middle of bigger adults and not on the edge!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank jfamilycarson
Goderich
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Whirlpool Dome”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This attraction is fantastic, actually tried it for the first time on Thursday 4th July, if you always want to try it, and don't want to do the wet one, do the dome, its fabulous and a great experience for the first timers, would definite do it again, but next time definitely go on the wet boat.

1 Thank MichelleGoderich