“Our Birthday Headquarters”

Mandarin Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 582 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, International, Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Award-winning buffet featuring delicious Chinese, Canadian, and International dishes - all prepared fresh daily. Serving over 100 all-you-can-eat items including soups, salads, sushi, grilled items, hot entrees, and desserts. Also offering a-la-carte, take-out and delivery.
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Kids love it, parents love it. Always a good selection and food seems fresh. Service is always top notch. Love the sushi bar.

1  Thank Travel4FunCDN

Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Out of all the places I've eaten at in Ontario over the past 30+ years I would vote this restaurant in Niagara Falls as number one. The place is huge and it runs like a finely tuned machine by the gifted owner/manager,
Jeff Ge.

By the way, yes your food is amazing but it is the attention to detail that wins my vote. The warm cloth to wash before and after my meal. The ladies facilities are impeccable. You can look for dirt in corners and ledges but you won't find any. You have picked the most delightful music to enjoy a meal. I was particularly fond of the Phantom of the Opera's song "Music of the Night" on piano. The entire staff are friendly and diligent but I was impressed when not only did Jeff visit tables himself but he helped set up a table and always with a warm smile. You can tell the manager loves his job, his staff and the patrons. He genuinely cares that you've enjoyed yourself. And it is just so lovely that upon departing this already wonderful experience someone is at the door with a pair of tongs asking "Mint?"

This will always be a fond memory that my husband and I reflect on. Thank-you for all of this Jeff and staff :)

2  Thank TheMoreTheMerrier
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We like buffets, especially Asian but this is by far the best one we have ever been to. You are seated in one of the pleasant rooms. An introductory explanation is given if needed with continued courteous service at the table, and a thank you as you leave while a candy is passed to you. There is an amazing assortment of high quality food, a choice of many tasty salads and soups, fresh shrimp and mussels, steam table of mixed dishes, seperate sauces to add as desired, a grill with beef, turkey, pork, chicken and sausage, an assortment of breads. The sinful desserts include a large ice cream selection, including fat free and sugar free ice cream if desired, the ginger ice cream was amazing. There is also a great selection of fresh fruit. It is possible to eat an excellent healthy and tasty meal here with no regrets. There is a 20% discount for seniors over 65. Alcoholic drinks are available.
The Madarin is limited to Ontario where they currently have 22 restaurants. Oh please someone bring it to the USA!

1  Thank wendyb11934
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We save a night every time we come to Niagara Falls just to eat here. I can't imagine anyone leaving this place hungry . They have such a great variety that even the fussiest person has to find something to eat. And it's not just all about quantity. The quality is excellent. The service is superb and the steam tables are constantly being cleaned, tidied and refilled. It is far superior to any other Chinese buffets I have visited. Why? They have an amazing salad bar featuring so many different and unusual salads including seaweed salad and cuttlefish salad. We went on seafood night and helped ourselves to wonderful crab legs. Then there were many Chinese delights. All were well labelled and the spicy dishes were well marked. Hot and sour soup was delicious. In addition to the Chinese items there is a sushi bar and a pizza offering and grilled items such as sausage, ribs and chicken and then there is prime rib done the way you like it ( they have more than one roast so they can offer you a choice) with beautiful Yorkshire pudding. And then, if you have room, you can face the dessert bar. This is not the usual fare offered in Chinese restaurants. If you gain dream it, you'll probably find it here. There are several flavours of ice cream and toppings galore. There are waffles. There is beautiful fruit. And then there are Nanaimo bars, cookies, Black Forest cake, pies, creme caramel, chocolate eclairs...all are in small pieces so you can take several tastes. The best selection I have seen anywhere. Tonight I had Gojo chrysanthemum jelly. Quite an experience!
There is a discount for seniors with ID.
Go hungry so you can enjoy everything.
Another nice touch is the moist hot towel they bring at the beginning and end of your meal to help you clean up.

3  Thank luckyjudy
Reviewed March 2, 2013

My husband and I went there for our anniversary and my birthday. WOW!!!!! I was so impressed by the atmosphere there and the food variations were excellent!!! I am American and my husband is Canadian, we talk all the time about price differences between the two countries, but I must say, that for the price....AWESOME!!!! I/we highly recommend this place for everybody on any budget. Cheers!!!!!

1  Thank Melissa N