“Good food but too expensive”

Mandarin Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 560 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, International, Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Award-winning buffet featuring delicious Chinese, Canadian, and International dishes - all prepared fresh daily. Serving over 150 all-you-can-eat items including soups, salads, sushi, grilled items, hot entrees, and desserts. Also offering a-la-carte, take-out and delivery.
Detroit, Michigan
“Good food but too expensive”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

The food selection was great. the staff were friendly. But 25.99 for each person for a buffet is really expensive. that not counting the drinks.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank John P

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Darien, Illinois
“Exceptional cuisine!”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

An extraordinary line up of dishes await - the service for a buffet is excellent in terms of its availability and friendliness. I plan to return as often as I can.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Robert C
Corner Brook, Canada
“Love it here”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My wife and I love to come to The Manderin when ever we can though sadly not as frequent as we would like.
Food is always good whatever your choice. We have never had a bad experience here.
Personally I try everything that I can, mussels are excellent any way they are cooked here, hot n spicy, cold in a salad or in a hot soup.
Want some thing different and never been to a Manderin before. This is a must place to go.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Peter_king_brat
Ottawa, Ontario Canada
“About the only Chinese Buffet that I will go to by choice”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Let me start by saying that I regard most buffet-style restaurants as a bad idea, and that Asian buffets, in particular, are to be avoided . I have frequented 2 Mandarin locations, in Niagara Falls and St. Catherines, Ontario, and consider this chain to be an exception.

By far the best value is the luncheon buffet, which is about half the price of the evening buffet on the weekends. We have recently also tried the take-out, but we prefer the option to browse the selections and select what we want, even though the take-out might be a bit fresher.

Wish we had a Mandarin in the Ottawa area. I doubt we would go there frequently, but it is nice to have the option from time to time.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank BobOttawa
Rochester, New York
“Service and food great”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Went there on a Sat nightp. The restaurant was crowded, but staff handled it. It was expensive due to the seafood on buffet. So try lunch or not weekend. The variety was great. Hot foods was hot and always full. Dessert selection ws huge. The buffet hsd something for everyone kids too. Our waiter Hassam and Peter was fantastic. Ask us if we needed anything all the time always filled our waters. Even gave us some travel tips.

• Visited November 2012