“Terrible service”

Ranked #176 of 578 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Shoeless Joe's Restaurants are sports themed casual dining restaurants located in communities in Ontario.
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I just have to tell you how wrong this place got it.
I go to Fallsview casino a few times a month and even though I usually get free food I prefer to dine at other restaurant. Anyways, when I was there last week a blond girl named Rebecca was handing out 15% off cards and even though I already had dinner plans at CopaCabana (my favourite) I appreciated the marketing strategy because I've done that in my early endeavours so I kept it in mind to try next time. I went there last night.... around 9pm I was walking from the Casino exit and the top floor door was open and there were people on that floor so I waited.... after at least 5 minutes I walked past the desk (there was no sign saying seat your self, or please go downstairs and I was left wondering why not just close the door and put an arrow if you aren't going to have anyone there.) I find my way down stairs and to the front desk. The Bartender looks directly at me (up and down) and looks away, collecting glasses and walking in the bar area.... I'm there at least another 5 minutes when a petite server doing her rounds says hello. I say table for one and she offers the bar or she has 2 booths available on the other side... I'd seen at least 10 occupied tables and she was the only server in sight so I thought I'd get faster service at the bar.... She walks me to the bar and turns around right away so she didn't hear me when I ask for a menu....
The bartender.... stares at me and keeps doing other things without saying hi for 2 minutes.... then says hi and I ask for a menu.... (I'm hungry) I decide quickly but this ... bartender... starts collecting plates and glasses... I'm looking directly at her trying to smile but she starts talking to her boss, then a guest (that's already served) and then the server... the boss is drinking coffee and comes back to sit almost beside (with his back turned to me talking to 2 men, abut shoes one of them bought from Dubai) I look back at the bartender and I lean forward with the menu (she's fully seeing me and it seemed like she was being inattentive on purpose) she turns away...

I was so pissed off it was now 9:25 and I still hadn't even gotten a chance to order. I feel bad that as I was leaving I told the petite server that the service there sucked, but she was there on my way out and I saw the Manager stand up when he heard me and ask her... I hope she doesn't get in trouble for it, because even though she wasn't great the bartender and the Manager were ridiculous. I was just steps away from him after he asked the server (and right beside him when I was not being served)

The overall feeling I got was that no one cared about me... I guess the server was nice and smiled.... the bartender was sizing me up (the girl had this girl hate feeling without saying the word) I know that people usually assume men tip better but that is not the case with me.

I hope you fix that culture because it was disgusting... and in case you show this to your employees, please let the bartender know that I was going to order a glass of Cabernet, calamari app and the cheeseburger with fries, I always tip minimum 18% and more if the service is awesome. I'm sure that's a little more tip than the guy who had the 2 pints (and drank a whole one while I still hadn't been served)

Thanks for the horrible experience

1  Thank KikaRiKKa

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

On April 24 2014 my husband and myself decided we would catch a couple beers and a good meal at the fallersview casino shoeless Joe's. Big mistake!!!! The food we had served to us was some of the worst we have ever had. We were so disgusted I have to pass this on. My husbands burger was way over done smelled and tasted like fish and the bun was stale. A little bit later while he was in the concert at the casino he got stomach cramps that made him uncomfortable throughout the whole concert. My fish was greasy and had no taste at all. The rice had an undescribable taste to it that left a terrible after taste in your mouth that chewing gum wouldn't mask. The waiter was unconcerned and said the food wasn't his fault. It was an expensive meal and the few bites we had were too many. This location needs new cooks, managers and servers. Disgusting!!!!!!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

The staff was friendly however the food stunk! We went because it was last minute and couldn't get in to our first choice restaurant in the area but won't be making that mistake again!

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I was expecting nasty pub food but the blackened salmon was cooked to perfection. That and a lovely glass of wine and I have no complaints.....other than the service was a bit slow and the wine glass was grimy.

Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

Ordered food and once delivered to the table the bar tender realised they missed part of my meal. She kept what was sent on table an then told
Me she would right the order and added some food to the table at no charge to just make it right. Had another group of friends upstairs that had a order that was a little over cooked, not a problem at all and they offered to replace or substitute the order without hesitation. Happy to see there is some resemblance of customer service still alive in Niagara Falls!
Decent food, prompt service and televisions to watch sporting events, just no sound.