“Great day out, not the best tour company”
Review of King Tours

King Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Over 20 years of experience! We are the only Niagara Falls tour operator that offers pick-up and return from ANY Toronto location. Our Niagara Falls tour is available all year round, each and every day of the year.
Reviewed December 8, 2014

Bus was a bit late picking me up but the rest of the times for the day went smoohtly. Kings don't have the best communication, I was sent an email an hour before I was supposed to be picked up asking why I hadn't been in touch to confirm my trip and if I still wanted to go ahead with it, despite that fact that I'd emailed them twice to do this over the previous two weeks beforehand. Luckily I had wifi in my hotel room otherwise I wouldn't have received their email and they may not have turned up for me!

Niagara Falls is well worth a visit, it's an incredible place. Niagara-on-the-lake and the wine tasting were also very enjoyable.

Salim, the tour guide, was very informative throughout the day and did try to make the day fun for us. However, I was the last drop off on the way back and spent the last 5 minutes on the bus being pestered by Salim to go out for drinks with him. Very unprofessional!!

Definitely make the trip to Niagara Falls but consider a different tour company.

3  Thank Clara H
in 25 reviews
"facts"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed November 30, 2014

We were picked up on time at our hotel by our friendly guide, but had to wait almost an hour at the king tours office with no seating in a cramped office space. The tour was okay, the guide Salim was humourous and informative but his accent and English were less than proficient and it was sometimes difficult to understand what he was saying. The website indicated that the tour "behind the falls" was included but in fact, it was not.

1  Thank N M
Reviewed November 25, 2014

I was picked up by our guide Salim directly in front of the place where I stayed in Toronto and was welcomed with a big smile :). On the way to the Niagara falls, Salim tells you a lot about what to do and see in Toronto. He was a perfect guide! Very funny and friendly and he definetly wants you to enjoy the trip. Niagara falls were very impressive!

1  Thank aerdna_knil
Reviewed November 18, 2014

The trip to Niagara Falls was wonderful. I was picked up from my hotel on time in a warm car. I was taken to the office ..paid my cost of the tour, and waited for about 20 minutes. Salim was a perfect host..even dropping us off near our hotel when the tour was over. He was informative and took good care of us.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 17, 2014

Negatives:
Picked up late (waiting outside our hotel in the freezing winds), only to find that our hotel was literally 5-10 minute walk away from the bus station where we needed to be! I would've preferred to have walked there..
Really disorganised inside the office where you wait with no decent waiting area, just a bunch of office chairs lined up in a hallway..
EXTREMELY rude man at the reception desk (where you come and make your payment before boarding the bus) - he was getting annoyed with anyone who asked him a question about the tour or how the day was supposed to run.. etc. My suggestion for him is to get a new job as clearly he hated his one.
Bus was pretty shabby. Air Conditioning broken and bus got very hot as day went on - sun streaming in all day!

Positives:
The falls were incredible - a must-see for anyone.
We were given sufficient time at the falls to explore, go on the boat etc.
Wine tasting was quite a nice addition - although not essential.
Our guide Salim was ok - he got into a very heated argument with a very rude elderly gentleman on our bus, I think it could've been handled a bit better but it was pretty entertaining watching them go at it.

2  Thank NZ_TravellingBugs