“Overbooked and left us having to go on an alternative bus”
Review of King Tours

King Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Over 20 years of experience! We are the only Niagara Falls tour operator that offers pick-up and return from ANY Toronto location. Our Niagara Falls tour is available all year round, each and every day of the year.
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We were picked up - as the website said we would be - and taken to their offices where we paid. It was only after we'd paid that they told us there was no space on the bus. This was down to another family bringing extra children from what I could gather. They all got on the bus though, and 8 of us that had booked didn't.

They then ferried us across town to Dundas Sq where they left us to join a new tour group.
King tours told us they drop tourists back off at their hotels on the way back... This new group didn't. We were, therefore, left to walk back across Toronto. There was no courtesy car this time, even though it was King we'd paid.

All-in-all it was just very bad customer service. Had we known from the start about the extended day (the new tour arrived back 2 hours later than King advertise and left an hour later - meaning we stood around in Dundas Sq for a while), it wouldn't have been too bad - but to move us off to another tour unannounced when we'd booked in advance was very poor.

1  Thank Dan T

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Website needs upgrading. Company pick-up was 20mins late outside of window, driver's excuse proved to be an absolute lie. Website states all new coaches, oh so far from the truth. Coach was old, dirty, very uncomfortable hard seats, noisy, to many items badly taped up and vehicle suspension was non-existent. Departure from Toronto was about 1 hour late. Quite clearly the stops en-route are just a money making exercise for the company, except that is for Niagara by the Lake village which was nice and good place to stop for a pleasant lunch. Due to leaving late though and the insignificant marketing stops, there was insufficient time allowed for at the village and more importantly at the Falls.
On arrival back to Toronto we then had to find our own way back to our pick-up point, contrary to what we were led to believe. Understandably we got lost which added another 90mins onto the long day.
Whilst this company is not at all honest and clearly could not organise a party at a brewery, the driver Saleem was very good and did his best.
This company's website sucked us in, don't let it suck you in. From all the coaches we saw at the village and the Falls, there are plenty of other GOOD companies TO BOOK WITH.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Booked trip online using website. Company does not request prepayment before the trip, which is good and bad. The company sends a confirmation a day before the scheduled tour. The company picks you up at your hotel, (within a 15 minute window) taking you to a central loading area. Clients pay for their tour with a main desk, which was a long process. Many people waiting in line delays the boarding process.

I was not impressed by the Tour Bus. It was a Mini-Coach seating about 34 people. (A full size Motorcoach would have been better) The bus was dirty. The windows were dirty, speakers taped up by scotch tape. Air vents taped up by scotch tape. No emergency toilet in the back like a Motor Coach would have. Not wheelchair accessible.

Tour Content: There is a stop at a Winery, as other passengers are dropped off at a Heli-Pad to take tours of Niagara by Helicopter. The winery was ok. We passed by some pretty large wineries on the way to Niagara that I think looked more appealing, but not a big deal. Way too much time spent at this venue, which could be spent at the Falls.

The stop in Niagara By the Lake was quaint.
We also stopped by the Whirlpools on the way to the Falls. Just enough time to see and take pics.

Niagara Falls was outstanding. Maid of the Mist was great, but we happened to be there on a very busy summer weekend, so the wait time was over 1+ hour. Thankfully we had group tickets so we could bypass the individual travelers.

The Tour Guide was pretty good. He was hard to understand at times, as he is also the bus driver. The speaker system was loud and blaring, and really hard on the ears. The Tour Guide did seem to know his stuff, but hard to ask questions when he is the one driving the bus!

On the way back from a long day, the bus stops at EVERYONES hotel on the way back, which makes it a bit tiring at the end of the day.

It was an average tour; I don't think I would book this one again simply because of the length of the stops, and the amount of stops. I would book Mega Bus or the train, and take the We-Go Pass instead, once at Niagara.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

It was my first time in Toronto and I was staying in a friend's apartment. King Tours offered to pick me up for free in a town car and dropped me off by bus on the way home, even when the apartment wasn't on the tour guide's initial route back. My tour guide, Bernard, was absolutely awesome! He was very considerate of everyone's needs and adjusted the air conditioning whenever someone was too cold or too hot. Bernard was very knowledgeable of the area and gave great fun facts along the way.

As far as the tour went, Niagara Falls was amazing. But the stops along the way, such as Niagara on the Lake and the wine sampling along the way, were terrible. Niagara on the Lake had a nice coffee/lunch place that Bernard recommended called Epicurean, which had overpriced sandwiches, but did have bottomless cups of coffee. Wine sampling was a waste of time in my opinion. We received two samples of a white and a red wine, but the samples lasted two tiny little sips. The whole spiel from the employees at the vineyard lasted, at most, 15 minutes. While some purchased more samples, I proceeded to wait around for another 20 minutes or so before we finally left to our next stop.

All in all, I'd recommend King Tours, but don't expect much out of the additional stops.

1  Thank 989jordant
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Had a great time in this tour. Our tour guide Salem is nice. Everything's okay excpet the bus aircondition wasn't cool enough and the seats were cramped. If the person in front of me reclined his seat, then the back of his seat would be like right in front of my face already.