“Dirty, Old, and Insecure”
Review of Rainbow Motor Inn

Rainbow Motor Inn
Ranked #107 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Chicago, Illinois
“Dirty, Old, and Insecure”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This place takes the cake. The office is strewn with piles of papers and empty soda and beer bottles -- I even had to register on top of a stack of brochures for lack of open counter space. People were sitting outside on the common balcony smoking and drinking the entire time we were there, at any hour. Beer bottles and old removed carpeting littered the walkway on the first level. Tattered towels and holes in sheets. Neon flashing in the uncovered window. There is no deadbolt on the door, and the chain is ancient. If I hadn't had the security of having my dog with me, I would have taken my kids and fled at 11 p.m. I wouldn't stay here again if it were free. "By the falls" is also very misleading. Oh, and you need to pay ahead...no refunds after registration. That says something in itself!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
9 Thank sisterbay716

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The place is like out of a horror movie. The carpet smells, the door lock was not properly installed. The bed was held up with stones (bricks). The electricity was very poor. The lamps had no bulbs. The ceiling light was very dim (poor visibility). Ironing board with no iron. The pool does not look functional. Everything about this place was horrible. I would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank MM01_13
1Biscayne, Manager at Rainbow Motor Inn, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
I am surprised at reviews being placed without any complaints brought to the Inns attention. The Motor Inn offers a full 100% guarantee. If a customer has any problems there is a 24hr. maid and maintenance service. If the customer is still not satisfied then the room will be either changed or cancelled (a 15 max. time period after check in). The Rainbow Motor Inn offers quality and comfort at an affordable price and has the best rates in the Fallsview Area.
Reviewed May 28, 2013

First of all towels were stained no microwave or remote control for 1990 TV no ice maker the pool is the size of my sons pool the black fence shown in the pictures it comes up to under my knee I could just jump over to the pool and its located at the parking lot the managers little room or office was full of papers he couldint even find our key to our room I paid 100 dollars for one night but that didn't pay for my service when I was going to check out the manager wasent there and I called the phone number and he said just leave the key in the room I asked him if he was sure he said yes I told him I didn't to get extra charge but I guess the location was great 2 blocks to the falls

• Stayed May 2013
8 Thank mariaca313
1Biscayne, General Manager at Rainbow Motor Inn, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
The Rainbow Inn has a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you are not satisfied with accommodations there is a 24 hour maid service and 24 hour maintenance on site. We will take care of any problems or change your room. If a customer is still not satisfied at check in, we will refund the room (a 5 min. max. time period after check in). The pool is standard size and is larger then some of the pools at the chain Hotels. The fence around the pool is standard size as well. I'm not sure why there is even a complaint about this as the Pool is outdoors and was closed for the winter season. Each T.V. has a remote control. If there was one missing it was most likely stolen by a guest and you can request the front desk for another. The rooms do not come with microwaves but one can be requested (a small charge applies). The Rainbow Inn has gone thru renovations in spring 2013.
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My girlfriend and I made the mistake of paying for our room before asking to see it!!!!...and on the back of the receipt it indicated no refund after paying for room. Where to begin? No telephone, No clock radio, no cable TV, no remote for TV, no Kleenex, no toilet paper (oh sorry, half a roll), table lamp did not work, light/electrical plug did not work in bathroom, great water pressure however, when taking a shower you were taking a bath at the same time, we were on the second floor and water didn't want to drain from tub!!!..bad patch in shower where there had been water damage...we were actually afraid to sleep in the beds worried about bed bugs and from the pics on this site, appears there were bed bugs in some rooms!!!!...didn't take my shoes off to walk on the carpet...when you put the light on in the bathroom there was some sort of hair dryer that would turn on but you couldn't turn it off, we actually thought it was an exhaust fan because it was so loud....I get the heeby jeebies just thinking about it!!!...we'll no for next time to check out rooms before paying!!!

Room Tip: make sure you check out your room before paying!!
Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
10 Thank Patricia P
The Rainbow Inn offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee. There is 24 maid service and 24 hour maintenance on site. If this not satisfactory we will change your room or refund the room (a 5 min. max time period after check in). The Inn offers premium cable TV and free wireless internet. The Inn also offers free local calls. Each TV comes with a remote control. The Inn is inspected and has NEVER had any problems with bed bugs. The Inn has gone thru renovations spring of 2013.
Belleville, Canada
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband and i stayed here for the new years weekend i booked months in advance a room with a hot tub was not ready when we got their did not see any money back cause we ended up in a reg room which is cheaper glass was stuck to the dresser and turned out dirty inside pieces of wood to hold up the bed no heat in bathroom heat only half worked got another room next day had a one inch gap at the bottom of the door had to put towels in front to cut down on draft heat didnt hardly work their either no bathroom heat again no phone in room lost heat for a while cause popping the fuse the man at the desk was not very nice stay away!!!:-(

Stayed December 2012
9 Thank blackchevy4x4
The Rainbow Inn offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee. There is 24hr maid and 24hr maintenance service. If there is still a problem we will gladly change the room. If the customer is still not satisfied we will offer a refund (5 min. max time period after registration) The Rainbow Inn has gone thru renovations spring of 2013.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We did not stay here, nor were we planning to... We had just left the Casino and decided to stop here to make a quick call before driving back home... Two minutes later, a old angry woman came out and starting knocking on our window really really REALLY hard! We put our window down and she starting yelling at us! She said that we needed to pay 5 dollars to park there... We did not even get out of our car!!! We told her we were not parking and that we were just making a call and she continued to yell and said we had to leave immediately or she was going to call the police. We were there of under 2 minutes!!!!!!!!!

This lady yelled at us and she did not even know if we were planning to stay there or not! What a way to scare off potential customers!!! Had I gone in with the intention of staying there, I would have left after such a 'warm' welcome.

I've never stayed in this place so I can't comment on anything other than the crazy lady who yelled at us. Either way, I would recommend you to stay far far far far far away from this place!!! I can't imagine the type of service one could get there! Stay somewhere else or even in you car... But do yourself a favour do not stay (or park) in this place!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
10 Thank Maria G
I'm not sure as to the nature of this complaint. There is pay parking on site with a parking attendant. If someone comes onto the property and parks they are required to pay or leave. This is pretty much standard practice all over the world. There are also no stopping signs on the side of the street placed by the city of Niagara Falls. A person will receive a $50 ticket by the city even if stopped. If you have a room at the Inn then parking is usually free (a charge might apply during holidays)
Canal Winchester
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I would simply recommend that you do not check in to this hotel. We did, and then checked out 15 minutes later. The front lobby smelled like an animal had died in there. The room was filthy! Curtains falling down. Stains on the couch. The floor had not been cleaned, or vacuumed. There were cobwebs on the ceiling, and the refrigerator was dirty. The cleaning staff actually accused us of pulling the curtain down!!! The manager told us that this is what we should expect from a two-star hotel. I guess that I would at least clean! My recommendation is that you run from this motel, and run fast.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank Rich G
The Rainbow Motor Inn offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee. There is 24hr maid and 24hr maintenance service. If there is a problem with the room we will either fix the problem or change your room. If the customer is still not happy then we will give a refund (a 5 min. max time period given after check in). I'm surprised that the customer would still write a complaint and take pictures of fallen items after receiving a full refund. I guess the satisfaction guarantee is not satisfactory either.