“Amazing Service, Food & Experience”
Review of AG

AG
Reserve with OpenTable
AG is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 560 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Ellen Ave.
Description: Located in the Sterling Inn & Spa in the heart of Niagara Falls AG Inspired Cuisine serves regionally and seasonally inspired cuisine. This acclaimed fine dining restaurant is consistently rated one of the best in Niagara Falls. Chef's menu utilizes the freshest local ingredients, and is constantly changing to offer the best of Niagara's Produce. To complement the regional menu, the wine list at AG is 100% VQA and represents the best wineries of the region. The intimate dining room at AG is best described as chic and romantic, and is the ideal choice for couples looking for a romantic dining experience. The unique atmosphere at AG is posh and refined, while still being the perfect place for a casual gathering of friends for dinner or drinks. Two private rooms can accommodate groups of between 8 and 50 and may be reserved for special events and larger groups. Contact the restaurant directly.
Toronto
“Amazing Service, Food & Experience”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I was referred to AG Cusine from my sister who went with her husband who loves meat and raved about how good it was. I personally am a vegetarian but since I heard great things I convinced my group of girlfriends we should have dinner here for a friend's bachelorrette party. You do need reservations and for greater than 6 guests they require a $100 deposit, but the food/service was worth it. They sat us in a private room, the services as amazing and very accommodating and everyone seemed to like their food, including my vegetarian meal. They had live music too which was nice! One of the few restaurants that has truly exemplary service and fantastic food.

• Visited July 2014

• Korean first
Montreal
“Where every plate is a work of art...”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

To conclude our vacation trip, we wanted a memorable dinner before returning home. And it was such a pleasure, well beyond our expectations.
First surprise : the place is hidden in the dark basement, but the light, atmosphere and large space around each table creates a very pleasant feeling. The service was efficient and sober.
It was not simple to choose the plates on the menu, but each one was a gem in its own right.
Two starters : Scallops Niçoise and Lemon Ricotta Gnocchi - original and tasty association of various elements, melting in the mouth. As entrée, Crab crousted halibut with fresh chanterelles - a real delight, to look at and to taste.
Finaly Strawberry Pavlova - a true work of art for eyes, delicious to enjoy.

Experience to remember through the winter...

• Visited May 2014
“Tiny portions”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We made a reservation online and indicated that it was our first anniversary. When we got there, the wait staff seated us at one of the private booths - which was beautiful -and made our evening even more special.
There were a few hiccups with the service - nothing really to complain about though.
The main reason I'm writing the review is because of the teeny tiny portions we received. We were only given two micro thin slices of baguette bread to eat. Then, we paid $13 for the Smoked Scallop app. It was one and a half scallop which they sliced in half to make it seem like there were three scallops on the plate. Now, the taste was yummy - but $13 for one and a half scallop? That's pretty ridiculous, even by fancy restaurant standards.
My husband got the beef tips with fettucine which was again very tasty, if tiny. The fettucine was fresh, and light tasting. Good dish - if tiny.
I got the roasted lamb sirloin, which was supposed to be served with a corn and bean succotash - but I substituted that for a lovely potato rosti. I mean, if I'm getting a piece of lovely meat - I want potato with it!
The lamb was perfect, tender, flavorful and perfectly cooked. But I only got four tiny slices of it! The rosti was lovely and the roasted pepper and thyme jus was a good finishing touch.

Like I said: Tasty food, but teeny portions.

My verdict: If you simply must try this place, I suggest either eating before you go or after - because I was still hungry when I left..

• Visited August 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Real Gourmet place in the falls”
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

We came based on the trip advisor ranking, and were not disappointed. The menu is creative and original, and it seems it does change frequently based on the time of year. Appetizers were excellent and decent portion sizes. Main course was great: we took the deer sirloin, Crab crusted Halibut, the quail, and the hand made pasta. All 4 dishes did not disappoint. Full of flavor, and creative accompanying garnishes.
Prices are slightly above the average meal in the area, but if u r willing to pay for the Keg or other overpriced crappy places in Niagara Falls (TGIF, Denny's and outback come to mind) do yourself a favor and eat here at least once. Service is impeccable, atmosphere is casual and discrete. Well worth the visit, will be back again.

George Town, null, Cayman Islands
“Memorable meal”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Sterling hotel for two days. After reading the reviews I reserved the second night at the restaurant. Because we arrived late and tired we went for dinner the first night. It was so nice that we kept our reservation the next night. The menu is fresh with plenty of options. We shared the lemon ricotta gnocchi both days because it was delicious and not heavy. The beef tenderloin is excellent and their signature dish, we would recommend it.
I have to admit that entering the restaurant going into a basement is not something I expected or desired but they make the most of it with the decor and it feels cozy so you forget about it.
Enjoy this restaurant, we did.

• Visited July 2014