“Super food super service”
Review of AG

AG
Reserve with OpenTable
AG is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 560 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Ellen Ave.
Description: Located in the Sterling Inn & Spa in the heart of Niagara Falls AG Inspired Cuisine serves regionally and seasonally inspired cuisine. This acclaimed fine dining restaurant is consistently rated one of the best in Niagara Falls. Chef's menu utilizes the freshest local ingredients, and is constantly changing to offer the best of Niagara's Produce. To complement the regional menu, the wine list at AG is 100% VQA and represents the best wineries of the region. The intimate dining room at AG is best described as chic and romantic, and is the ideal choice for couples looking for a romantic dining experience. The unique atmosphere at AG is posh and refined, while still being the perfect place for a casual gathering of friends for dinner or drinks. Two private rooms can accommodate groups of between 8 and 50 and may be reserved for special events and larger groups. Contact the restaurant directly.
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Super food super service”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Took my wife for dinner for Mother's Day and the food was amazing and the service was great! All in All a terrific meal. This restaurant is highly recommended! In the Niagara Falls area a must try!!!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jack D

• Korean first
London, Ontario, Canada
“Review”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

A great location - there were 11 people all who raved about everything - definitely a spot to revisit

1 Thank 187Pam
“Excellent! Would love to dine here again.”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

On a weekend trip with my hubby to Niagara Falls, I made reservations at AG to celebrate our anniversary due to its stellar reviews and I must say, we were not disappointed.
After a very late and extremely filling lunch at Batter Up Fish and Chips, hubby strongly considered cancelling our reservation at AG for dinner. But seeing the disappointment in my face, he agreed we would come but eat light.
So, seeing as how we were both still full on lunch, we opted to share the beef carpaccio appetizer (which I don't see on their online menu), and I ordered the 'Mill Street Ale' Steamed Mussels appetizer as an entree and my husband the Confit of Quebec Duck Leg for his entree.

The Beef carpaccio was delicious, especially with the little pieces of rhubarb. The dish was simple and you can really taste the freshness of the meat.

My mussels came out with the beef carpaccio even though I had ordered it as an entree. The broth was a bit too salty because of the bacon that was in it and masked the other flavors. Some of the mussels were also very sandy which kind of ruined the dish a bit. Our waitress was very apologetic about my mussels being served too early and offered me an entree on the house, to which I declined since I really was not that hungry. But the gesture was nice and only something that can be experienced in a high quality restaurant with well trained staff.

Confit of Quebec Duck Leg: Oh my god DELICIOUS! The duck skin was crispy and the duck was perfectly cooked. There were big chunks of rabbit meat in the sauce, which had wonderful flavors. The entire dish just worked so well together and the portion was actually very decent.

We chose the Red Velvet Bundt Cake as our dessert, which our waitress generously comped since I declined her offer for an entree. At first, the cake felt hard and dry but after tasting it with the ice cream and the cream cheese creme, I realized that if the cake had been too soft or moist, it would not have absorbed those two elements so well. The dessert was delicious and I only wish I had room in my stomach to finish it.

Overall, we really enjoyed AG's atmosphere, food, and most of all, the service. Regretfully, I forgot our waitress' name =o(
We would definitely come back if ever we are in the area again.

Detroit, Michigan, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great find for fine dining in Niagara Falls.”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Niagara is a tourist trap, but thankfully AG is there for foodies. They have an exciting menu with locally sourced ingredients. We went twice and tried as many different things as we could, all were amazing.

The wine list is Ontario only, but manages to produce a few gems. They have some local bottled beers, and a good selection of cocktails.

The atmosphere is great - don't be put off by the outside! One night they had live jazz.

I'd highly recommend.

(We visited as a couple one night, then with 10 people another, both were excellent).

1 Thank Ben D
Montreal, Canada
“Faboulous”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Don't let the look of the building housing this gem fool you. The atmosphere is very nice. The staff were very nice. The food was amazing. I had the venison and it was perfection. My wife had the wellington and it was also superb! We then had the red velvet cake dessert and I must say the cake was a bit too thick and the dessert was good but not superb.

I loved the whole experience and would come back.

• Visited May 2013