“Finest dining”
Review of AG

AG
Reserve with OpenTable
AG is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 575 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Ellen Ave.
Description: Located in the Sterling Inn & Spa in the heart of Niagara Falls AG Inspired Cuisine serves regionally and seasonally inspired cuisine. This acclaimed fine dining restaurant is consistently rated one of the best in Niagara Falls. Chef's menu utilizes the freshest local ingredients, and is constantly changing to offer the best of Niagara's Produce. To complement the regional menu, the wine list at AG is 100% VQA and represents the best wineries of the region. The intimate dining room at AG is best described as chic and romantic, and is the ideal choice for couples looking for a romantic dining experience. The unique atmosphere at AG is posh and refined, while still being the perfect place for a casual gathering of friends for dinner or drinks. Two private rooms can accommodate groups of between 8 and 50 and may be reserved for special events and larger groups. Contact the restaurant directly.
Reviewed November 30, 2012

My husband and I thought the meal we had at AG was one of the top two we have ever had. We have eaten at many of the top fine dining restaurants in New York and in Las Vegas and this meal was at the top of the list. We were pleasantly surprised!

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Don't be fooled by the out of the way location or by the rather blah look of the hotel from the outside. Once inside, this restaurant is simply spectacular in all respects. The ambiance was very pleasant; modern, classy, white linen, yet I felt comfortable in my jeans and a sport coat. The food was excellent, local Niagara wines were very tasty, and the service was fantastic. The live music after 8:00pm topped it off as we had our coffee & desert accompanied by some very easy listening keyboard sounds. I'd go back in a heartbeat. Our congratulations to the entire AG staff on a job very well done!

Reviewed November 29, 2012

My wife and I spent an night at the Sterling with dinner at AG. The atmosphere was welcoming, elegant and very comfortable. The food was outstanding and the wine pairings were brilliant. Excellent service from all of the staff we encountered. We would absolutely recommend AG to our friends (in fact we have) and will definitely be returning.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Really enjoyed dinner. Staff had excellent knowledge of food and wine. Service and atmosphere was good. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Stellar service, unbelievable wine and food. If you love quality food and french cuisine you must go. When I first saw the motel I was hmmm....I hope this place is alright, and then we went downstairs to a red and black dimly lit lounge bar style bar and restaurant. There was live music, a lady playing a keyboard and singing and she was pretty good. They led us to a table that was oval with a booth style padded seat and red curtains around it for privacy. I was thinking "oh this is different". The wines were local Niagara Falls wines and they were excellent. Generous serving. They also do wine pairings. I got the Parsnip veloute (which I had to ask what it was) and the filet mignon crusted with almond and brie. The waitress was very adept at explaining unfamiliar terms, the specials and what ingredients were used, and which were seasonal/local which is their focus. My veloute had an interesting garnish which was tasty although I can't remember what it was it was topped with parsnip. They served the garnish to me and then poured the veloute out of a teapot. It was sooooo velvety and tasted very parsnippy and was soooo yummy (turns out it's a very velvety soup). The filet was cooked perfectly and the crust was delish but not overpowering. The file was incredibly thick and extremely good quality. It had something good underneath, maybe a potato galette? The best steak I have ever had I think. My husband got the set menu, which was roast quail on foie gras for the appetizer (very yummy) lamb for the main, which was good but hubby said a little tough, the dessert he got on his set menu, was flourless chocolate torte with delicious homemade ice cream.

So excellent food (especially mine), lovely intimate atmosphere, excellent knowledgeable servers and seasonal food. It is expensive though! My advice is don't go for the set menu, instead get their signature dishes (like the filet) or the new, seasonal dishes. Perfect for a romantic birthday or anniversary meal, or like us, a splurge because we were on vacation from Australia.