“Excellent use of Seasonal Ingredients”
Review of AG

AG
Reserve with OpenTable
AG is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 572 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Ellen Ave.
Description: Located in the Sterling Inn & Spa in the heart of Niagara Falls AG Inspired Cuisine serves regionally and seasonally inspired cuisine. This acclaimed fine dining restaurant is consistently rated one of the best in Niagara Falls. Chef's menu utilizes the freshest local ingredients, and is constantly changing to offer the best of Niagara's Produce. To complement the regional menu, the wine list at AG is 100% VQA and represents the best wineries of the region. The intimate dining room at AG is best described as chic and romantic, and is the ideal choice for couples looking for a romantic dining experience. The unique atmosphere at AG is posh and refined, while still being the perfect place for a casual gathering of friends for dinner or drinks. Two private rooms can accommodate groups of between 8 and 50 and may be reserved for special events and larger groups. Contact the restaurant directly.
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We went to Niagara Falls over a weekend in November and made reservations to check out AG. Overall, it was a great experience. I would probably give it a 4 ½ star.

Here is me breakdown of our experience at AG

Atmosphere:
The Restaurant is located in the basement of the Sterling in an Spa which is one downfall as there is no windows or view. However, the restaurant is decorated nicely. It kind of reminded me of a 60’s Bond film. When we showed up at 7pm the place was fairly empty but filled up by the time we left. They have a Jazz style band that plays starting at 8 on Friday and Saturdays which was a nice touch to the evening, and they weren’t too loud or overpowering. One thing I will mention is in the washroom, while they are nice, the automatic soup dispenser placement wasn’t thought out. In the Men’s washroom you had to reach in front of it to get to the paper towels, which leaves your shirt arm covered in soup!

Food:
We started by ordering some sparkling water and I got a class of the Trius Brut which was nice for a cheaper sparkling wine, my partner ordered a Mill Street Tankhouse which we are familiar with. Shortly after we were served the free Amuse-Bouche. This was a warm broccoli soup served in a shot class topped with aged white cheddar. This was really tasty.
We ordered an appetizer to share which was the Bourbon and Bacon Steamed P.E.I. Mussels. They brought it separated into two servings which was a nice touch so we didn’t have to reach across. The mussels were cooked perfectly. The sauce you could tasty slight bourbon with a sweet after taste. It had a slaw type of topping as well. Very fresh and a new twist to mussels we have not had before.
As our mains I ordered the Prosciutto wrapped Halibut. This was very good. The halibut was a nice size, which was flaky and fresh. It came with a side of Potato Bread Pudding with hints of herbs and some vegetables which was also quite tasty. My partner ordered the Roasted Lakeland Farm Venison Loin. He said the venison was cooked perfectly, which looked medium rare. They didn’t ask how he would like it, it seemed to just come like that, but it was the way you would want it anyways. This came with a sweet potato pie topped with a marshmallow crème which was one of his favorite things.
For Dessert we ordered to share the New York Style Pumpkin Cheesecake, topped with butterscotch poached apple ice cream. This was a good size to share and was worth the calories!
The total cost for two wines, a beer, a bottle of sparkling water, two coffees, a shot of Grand Marnier, a shared appetizer, two mains and a shared dessert came to about $185 with tax and tip.

Service:
The service was excellent. Exactly what I would expect at a restaurant like this. We had 4 or 5 people attending out table throughout the night. From the host who sat us and took our coats, the server and then those delivering the food that would explain what was in each.

Overall, a good night. I would recommend going there if in Niagara.

1  Thank Kassi22
There are newer reviews for AG

Reviewed November 9, 2012

My fiancee and I have decided to have our small wedding dinner party at AG after dropping in for a coffee and dessert. We were both very impressed by the service -- friendly, accommodating, and very knowledgeble -- as well as the decor and ambience. The desserts were simply superlative and, to my mind, in the Michelin star category. Yes, they were that good! Next time, I shall order 2 or possibly even three.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Fantastic food, music, ambiance and service. One person in our party does not eat meat or pork. The chef recreated many items without the pork and it was truly delicious!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

My husband and I decided to take a quick trip to Niagra Falls and I researched places to visit and restaurants. I'm delighted that we chose to dine at AG! Our waitress was excellent and the food was outstanding! The decor is surprising since you enter the building and then descend a plain stairwell to the restaurant. It is beautiful, inviting and chic!

The food was absolutely delicious and if you leave Niagra Falls without dining here, you've missed the boat!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

AG was a delightful experience from start to finish. The entrance to the actual restaurant is not well designed and so on the first visit is slightly awkward. However, once past that everything is well done. The decor is simple but nicely done. Particular attention is paid to the table settings with fresh crisp linens, sparkling cutlery and glass ware. The server was knowledgeable, attentive and very helpful. The food was excellent. We were three diners and everyone was very pleased with each course. The ingredients are super fresh, local fare and all of the dishes were creative, perfectly cooked and served in a timely manner with lovely presentation. We received helpful advice with our wine selection since we're not so familiar with Niagara regional wines. AG has none of the earmarks of the more typical tourist traps of the area but rather the focus is most definitely on the food.
Our only advice to the restaurant would be to carpet the stairs as each customer's arrival creates a distraction to the seated guests.