“Great location, service, value...few steps from major attractions.”

Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls - Fallsview
Ranked #33 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Mississauga, Canada
“Great location, service, value...few steps from major attractions.”
Reviewed May 30, 2010

Great views of the falls, roomy suites, checking in was a breeze.

Teens had a blast at the indoor water park - included in the package at discounted rates too.

Water park too had its great places for adrenaline junkies and chill out zones.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (512)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Shillington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 27, 2010

Beautiful hotel with lots of character. Staff (especially Cettina - Guest Services Supervisor) were awesome. Had dinner at the Rainbow Room (by the window !!)...breath-taking and the food was good too !!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Uxbridge
Reviewed May 22, 2010

We were greeted at the registration desk by "Karen" in an extremely friendly manner, during our conversation we indicated that this was our 39th wedding anniversary, she gave us an upgrade to room 1115, fantastic view and very nice and clean room, we again met her at check out time and she was still very friendly and we thanked her for making our two day get away a great experience.

We also enjoyed a great dinner, with great service in your Rainbow dining room.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Halethorpe, Maryland
Reviewed May 17, 2010

While the Crowne Plaza hotel is located in a good spot, and the theme of the hotel is a bit different (old-world styling), the town is a total tourist trap and the hotel reflects that.

The staff was snobby with me when I asked about the Wi-Fi in the room, within 15 minutes of being there. The girl behind the desk simply said "oh, well there will be an additional charge..." and stared at me. I said I was okay with that, and she reluctantly withdrew the book to give me a password to access it.

The hotel gives you an option of requesting not to have the room serviced, and in exchange they will give you a $5 voucher for the Starbucks in the lobby. This is their half-hearted effort at being "green." I was a fan of the Starbucks card, so I opted to do it. I left the card hanging on the outside of the door, and next thing you know, there was a voucher under the door. But they took the card -- you can only do it once. But, despite that, we came back to the room later, and they had come in anyway to replace the towels and make the bed, clean, etc. So what was the point?

The following day, we had the "do not disturb" sign hanging on the outside of the door until 1:00pm. I was in and out of the room, and at 1:00, we both left the room and removed the card. When we returned later in the day, there was a note under the door chiding us for leaving the sign up. They claimed they called the room at 2:00pm (when we were not there and the sign was not hanging there either) and left a message that the room needed serviced. Okay, so come up and service it, we're clearly not there. The note went on about how they are required to clean and inspect the rooms every day. So, the whole green thing from the previous day was BS anyways. Hypocritical. How is it the customer's problem that you can't adequately schedule the service? Answer: it isn't.

By the second day we also realized the air conditioning unit wasn't working correctly. You had to turn it down to 60 degrees to get it to turn on at all, and even then it wasn't blowing cold air. Because of this, the room started getting humid and musty smelling. It was wretched.

My wife was attending the ACC 2010 genetic conference, and I just tagged along to see what the town had to offer. On Saturday, the conference attendees were given box lunches, so I had to fend for myself. There is a small, crappy cafeteria connected to the hotel, when walking between the Crowne Plaza and the Sheraton. I opted to get some lunch there, so my wife and one of her coworkers sat at a table, eating their lunch while waiting for me. When I was paying for my food, and ready to walk over to the table, the manager walked out to them and told them they couldn't eat their box lunches in that area. My wife said they were waiting for me, who was getting food to eat as well. She snidely told them that they had to eat their lunch "where ever they got it from" because there would be "a $10,000 fine if you don't leave." There were plenty of tables available, so it isn't as though they were preventing others from eating there. But, I ate my lunch by myself because this woman made it her personal vendetta to keep out the troublemakers.

Aside from all of this, the hotel itself is very mediocre. The walls are thin, so you can hear everything your neighbors are doing, the rooms are small and strangely laid out, everything is extremely overpriced, and there are much better places to stay in this town.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Williamstown, NJ
Reviewed May 9, 2010

I took my wife to Niagara Falls for her birthday. This was our 1st trip to the Canadian side of the falls. After doing my research, the value for the location is what made me decide to book our 2 nights here. The Falls were a 5 minute walk from the hotel. The casino, indoor waterpark & a hard rock restaurant were all connected inside to the hotel lobby. Anf finally, the Clifton Hills entertainment district was only a minute walk away.
The room was the smallest room I have ever stayed in, but the bed was comfortable and we aren't really the type to spend out trips away from home in the room.
If your the type like we are and you need an affordable room with a comfortable bed I would definatly recommend staying here. If you are the type that likes your room a little more spacious and/or luxurious then maybe you would want to look into other options.

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank njtoovegas
Singapore
Reviewed May 8, 2010

I will list the bulletpoints and then you can decide for yourself if the hotel is worth staying in or not. I stayed here for one night in April after booking a Fallsview room almost 3 months prior to our visit.

* The hotel staff were excellent, and the lobby was beautiful.
* The restaurant on the top floor was beautiful. Never got to eat there but the view of the falls were top class.
* Despite us booking a Fallsview room 3 months prior to our stay, we were located on the 6th floor (despite requesting the highest floor possible at time of booking) and were given the furthest room away from the Falls.
* The room was very small and cramped and the TV was old with a broken remote.
* But....the view was still incredible, despite the windows having marks all over them giving us a frost view rather than a great view.
* Best view you will ever see of the Canadian / US Border.
* The noise is a great noise, the sound of the falls....but when you close the windows you can't hear anything.
* The hotel entrance is opposite the American Falls (100m) so not far to travel to see the greatness and go on the Maid of the Mist (which you have to do!!!!).
* The hotel is connected to a direct bridge to the Casino Niagara, although this is the older casino it is still great.
* About 20 mins walk to the Fallsview Casino (visit this one for Buffest restaurant! Its a must too).
* I never got to try breakfast, I was up by 9am and out of the door by 9:10am to go back to the Casino. Don't go to this place if you or your partner is a compulsive gambler. =D

Let me know if you need any other info...

I have ticked no as a recommend as I would like you to make up your own minds if you should select this place or not. One of the friends I were with stayed at the Sheraton next door. Although they didn't have a Fallsview, their room was a lot bigger and nicer. But staying here may cost more.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mlee21
Sussex, Canada
Reviewed April 30, 2010

Everything from check-in to check-out was A-1. People were helpful and friendly, made you feel like they really wanted you there. Rooms were excellent, beds very comfortable. Food was excellent. We travelled with a high school group and they were made to feel welcome and they too were important.
Very close to all attractions . Looked out of my window at both falls. Left the window open and listened to the roar of the water all evening, very soothing.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business