“Not what I expect from a Crowne Plaza” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls - Fallsview

Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls - Fallsview
Ranked #30 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Barrie, Ontario
“Not what I expect from a Crowne Plaza”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2010

From the start, this hotel was a disappointment. The rooms are so tiny, that the advertised '4 people maximum' per room cannot all be in the room together. The hotel is old, with a fresh coat of paint overtop that could not hide the mold spots on the back of the bathroom door. The toilet in the bathroom had the pipe sticking directly into a rough-cut hole in the wall, and you could hear a loud whoosing every time your neighbors flushed their toilet. The room doors are very heavy, so that you can hear every single door on your floor, the floor above you and the floor below you when it closes. All night long. Even with a sound machine in the room (my own) these sounds cannot be muffled. The walls are thin, so you can hear the people beside you when they get in late from the casino.
When I think 'Crowne Plaza' I think well appointed, upscale hotel. This was not worthy of the Crowne Plaza name.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank hamonabun

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (496)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2010

First the parking..Because it is so close to the casino ( good or bad ) everyone going to the casino including hotel guests of the three hotels park in the 7 story building. So it sometimes can take a while to park during the peak times. As a hotel guest you are allowed unlimited in and outs and it is $15 for a 24 hour period. Exiting the parking garage and taking the elevators to the hotel lobby took some time because of the many people using the same elevators to go to the water park. The water park was very busy this weekend and thats great for business. Expect to wait 10 minutes to get to the lobby. Once in the lobby, service was quick, very personal and professional. We had stayed next door at the Sheraton Fallsview but never at the Crowne Plaza. We were given an upgrade to the top floor ( # 12 ) and had a view of both Falls. We had booked through Hotwire and got a great price what with the upgrade we were in 7th heaven. It got better. They then offered a $40 card if we have dinner in the Rainbow Room that night and charged it to the room. Everyone is offered this deal. Being on the 12th floor we had to get off at floor # 9 and take a separate elevator to the 11th and 12 th floor. There was no ice or pop on 12 so you have to come down to get it. The room was small for todays standard rooms but this is an old hotel, formerly called the Isaac Brock. The room was clean and appointed properly. We were on the front of the building on Falls Ave and had a great view of both Falls, better with the American but only because the mist obscured the Canadian Falls at times. The walls are somewhat thin and you can hear people in the halls and noses coming from others showers and washrooms but we both slept fine on the very comfortable King Size bed. Service on the elevators got better in the night and the next morning when the Waterpark was not in operation.
We ate at the Rainbow room and had a great meal, I had a huge piece of Halibut with crab and shrimp on a bed of risotto, very nice. My spouse had the 10 oz prime rib with yorkshire pudding and it was one of the best prime ribs she had ever. They do have a special prime rib under $20 from 5 to 630 but you can't use your $40 card for the special.
Checkout was easy and simple, they provide the bill during the night at your door and you only have to go to the desk if you have a problem. We will go back to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Woodstock, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2010

Very nice hotel! i throughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel, it was clean, in a great location and the staff was very helpful. :)

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Oshawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2010

Dear John,

I wanted to send you a quick note to let you know how happy my family and I are with our stay at the Crowne Plaza last Thursday and Friday.
We were especially thrilled with the customer service of one of your employees Cettina Pantusa . Right from the moment we walked up to the front desk, Cettina was very friendly and polite. We chatted a bit about the magic show we were going to see that night and we talked about our kids. She was super friendly.
After Cettina found out our room was not ready she promptly made special arrangements to get us not only another room which was ready but a beautiful double room up on the 11th executive floor. We were so thrilled with the gorgeous, spacious room as well as the stunning view. My kids were so excited and haven't stopped talking about the "secret" private elevator since we've been home.

Cettina not only made our March trip special but one of the most memorable and exciting trips we have taken so far. She went out of her way to make our family feel special and we were very impressed and grateful. Cettina really made our stay at the Crowne Plaza a great experience and we will look forward to coming back and staying with you again.

Good for you for having such a wonderful person like Cettina at the front desk representing your hotel and thank you again for making our trip with you so fantastic. Cettina's kind gesture meant the world to me and my family.

With warm regards,

Susan

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank SusieqOshawa
Toronto
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2010

I stayed at the crowne plaza hotel on valentine's day weekend and unfortunately two weeks later it wasn't the lovebug that bit me but instead it was bedbugs. My husband and I have never experienced anything like this ever before, and although I know it's a rising epidemic in hotels, I thought because it was a little nicer than the average hotel that we would be okay, but we were wrong. I would reccommend NOT staying here if you don't want the next three months of your life and a huge chunk of your savings wasted.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
7 Thank iggy83
Mississauga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2010

Great hotel and value for money. My wife and I stayed only one night. As Priority Club (PC) members they upgraded us to their Executive level. We used their swimming pool which was nice, clean and well maintained. No maintenance or housekeeping between 9 pm and 10 am the next morning.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Hilucky
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2010

We visited Niagara Falls this past weekend for 2 nights. We wanted a central location close to Clifton Hill and underground access. We got both and were happy about that. However, we wish we had paid a little bit more or even a little bit less and stayed at any other hotel! The walls are paper thin and it gets really noisy. We couldn't sleep the first night as there was noise coming from both rooms and the corridors as people came back from their nightly activities. Kids running back to their rooms at 10:30-11:00 at night, people banging room doors and I even heard other guests checking their voicemails! No sound proofing at all. The rooms were very small and old. It was a double bed room that my husband, son (2) and I stayed in. Washroom was tiny and had an impractical layout.
Plus points were the location as I mentioned before. We signed up for their guests reward program and got a free upgrade to a falls view room. Mind you the view is through a small dingy window but it was nice. We didn't get the breakfast package so can not comment on that but we did get a $40 dinner credit and did visit the falls view restaurant on the 10th floor. Very nice view of the falls from there and the food was ok. Two adult entrees came up to $90.
We had a fast check-in and no problems with the staff. Parking was $15 per night. Internet was $10 for 24 hrs.
What was disappointing for me was that I paid full price for the rooms since there weren’t any great packages available for this weekend. I didn’t feel like it was worth it at all. If you get a great deal with Water Park passes and meals, maybe it would be worth it. I still wouldn’t go back though.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family