“A real treat!”

Ranked #31 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Sierra Vista AZ
“A real treat!”
Reviewed October 19, 2009

What a pleasure it was to stay at the CP! It's a beautiful hotel, and at the best possible location to view both falls. The age of the hotel in no way detracts from it's comfort. It just adds to its charm.
While there I pulled a muscle in my leg and was having trouble doing all the walking I wanted to do without hanging on my husband's arm. I asked the person at the front desk if there was any chance that a cane had been abondoned in their lost and found department. She made one quick phone call and within minutes a cane was brought up for me! I am sure the staff would be equally accommodating in any other situation. They truly make guests feel special. The bellboys were terrific too - friendly patter, but not too much.
There is a large casino and shops and several small restaurants accessible without going outside. The hotel restaurant is terrific!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BeckersSVAZ

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (503)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Calgary
Reviewed October 14, 2009

This hotel is superb in many areas, and utterly crappy in others. I booked it because of the amazing location and the grand history of the place, but I ended up regretting it almost immediately. I wanted to leave and find another place, but my husband talked me out of it.

THE GOOD: We had a "falls view" room on the top floor. The view was, indeed, spectacular, but it would have been even better if the windows weren't filthy. The public spaces were gorgeous -- curved marble stairs in the foyer, spacious halls filled with historic photographs. We didn't try the restaurant, but they give you a great discount on dinner there. The hotel is attached to a casino, several restaurants, other hotels, and a giant indoor waterpark. It's right next to the Rainbow Bridge, so crossing to the USA by foot (which I recommend because traffic on the bridge is nuts) was very convenient. Our bed was comfortable, which is unfortunately the only good thing I can say about my room. Lots of restaurants and shops are nearby, including a Starbucks in the lobby. The hotel has a big pool and spa, and a great waterpark is attached also, which our teenager loved. Finally, the staff were very helpful and nice, although they were put in the position of having to constantly apologize to guests miffed by the expensive or missing amenities.

THE BAD: As I said, our windows were dirty. I wanted to take a photo of the view, so I had to stand on a table and stick my camera out the transom. Also, the other half of our view consisted of the ugly roofs of buildings. Our rooms were very cramped. We supposedly had the "executive suite," but it turned out to be two tiny bedrooms barely big enough for the furniture, each with a fairly pathetic old TV, and one small bathroom with no counter space for our stuff. There was also a small closet with one suitcase stand, but no other place to put the rest of our bags except the floor. The bathroom was at the far end of the second bedroom, so anyone in the first bedroom wanting to use it had to invade their suite-mate's space. "Executives" sharing this suite had better be very good friends. Also, the room description said there would be a "workstation" where one could enjoy the internet, but there was not even a desk. The carpet was worn and very dingy, the tub caulking was falling to pieces, and the suite contained four mis-matched chairs. There was no attempt at any sort of cohesive decorating scheme. This suite was definitely the least pleasant of our entire trip, and I had expected it to be the best considering it was the most expensive by far. Also, the elevators were ancient, jerky, and made loud clanking noises that had me fearing for my safety. Finally, unlike most hotels these days, there was no coffee available in the lobby (unless you count Starbucks), nor was there any provision for breakfast.

THE UGLY: Parking is $15 per day, which I kind of expected. What I didn't expect was a $10 per day fee for internet access, even to use the business center to check email and print a boarding pass. They waived this fee for me because I am a Priority Club member and I complained repeatedly until I got what I wanted, but other guests were also blindsided by this fee and justifiably angry when all they got was a "sorry, that's policy." Also, I needed to send a contract by fax, and the fee was $4 plus another $1 per page! In contrast, we spent the rest of our trip in various Holiday Inn Express hotels owned by the same company, and both internet and faxing were free. I don't understand why a "full service" hotel should charge extra for basic services like this. What's next, toilet paper for 10 cents a square?

To sum up, if you are mainly interested in a great location at a reasonable price, this hotel will be fine. If you want a modern hotel room, space to move around in, nice decor, and basic amenities included in the price, look elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank CCR1138
Chicago
Reviewed October 11, 2009

Right by Niagara Falls, great location and close to every attraction Niagara Falls has. The hotel itself looks like it hasn't been updated in years and the rooms are very small. The price is fair because it is an ideal location but don't go there for the amentities.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
England
Reviewed October 11, 2009

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for two nights and both really enjoyed our stay.

It is true that the rooms are a little small but then with two huge beds in plus table, chairs and unit with the TV you can't really be surprised. The bathroom is small but perfectly okay. You can really feel the grandeur of days gone by in this hotel. The corridors are lovely with photos of the falls along the walls. We were on the 4th floor and had an amazing view of the American falls and could also see the Canadian falls.

I thought it was a lovely touch to have the little sleep pack in an organza bag. It contained eyepad, ear plugs and a lavender linen spray. The beds were really comfortable and there was an air about the place that made you feel at home.

We had a meal in the restaurant at the top of the hotel which my husband booked in the morning. We had an amazing table - absolutely perfect, looking out at the falls lit up at night. The food was good although it could have been a lot hotter, I'm not a fan of warm food.

All in all I would definitely recommend it for all age groups. We did go to the bar at Hard Rock cafe a couple of times and loved it. The girl behind the bar was friendly and nice and I wouldn't hesitate to go there again.

You have Starbucks in the lobby if you like your coffee and there are several places to have breakfast nearby.

Stayed October 2009
north canton, ohio
Reviewed October 8, 2009

My husband and I got a hotel room in this hotel for 98.00 a night. It was right across from the falls and in the heart of the attractions. The customer service was excellent. Only down fall was the size of the rooms, basically only enough room to walk around the bed. We werent in the room much so we didn't mind. Great for the price. Would recommend!

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
toronto
Reviewed October 4, 2009

We are from the Guelph area so we've been to the falls bunch of times over the years. We normally go stateside (to enjoy the cheap liquor allotment after 48hrs). This time we were meeting friends here from Montreal and they really wanted to stay in Canada. I try to stay loyal to the ICHotel's chain of hotels (Crowne Plaza, Iintercontinental, Holiday Inn, HI Express, etc). So, I was happy to find the CP Fallsview at a prepurchase (early bird) rate of $112.00 for one double bed.

First, you can't beat the price, for a Saturday night, albeit late September. Secondly, location, location, location. This hotel is the old Brock Plaza, and once you park your car, you don't really have to use it for your entire stay. The parking is in a garage, which keeps you covered from the elements. The hotel has a pool and is attached internally to a strip of stores, which include souvenir stores, a malt/soda/ice cream shop and the Hershey chocolate store. Plus the hotel is attached to Casino Niagara, which has a great $16.99 buffet, which is a good price as some restaurants groslly jack the prices of their offerings. Via the casino you have access to the Hard Rock restaurant. We had a horribel dinner at Hard Rock, my bf's hamburger bun was 50% mold, on the bottom, which was noticed after he bit into it. My avacado, in my cobb salad, was kept in lemon juice and water, instead of peeling it fresh on demand, and who knows how long it sat there, but this process gives it a rancid smell/taste, but in regards to the burger "it;s ok sir, we gave you a 10% discount"....NEVER GOING BACK THEIR AGAIN. And, we didn't use it, but there is a fully enclosed water park on the roof of the CP, with water slides and pools and other fun family stuff. So, as you can see, there is absolutely no reason to ever leave, if you were to stay during inclement weather. Oh yes, and there is a Starbucks in the lobby.

About the rooms. First, the hotel corridors are very nicely renovated. The room, is what others are sayin, teeney, weeney. But, I need to add, they are practical. The furnishings are a mix of traditional (the head boards) and contemporary (the small table with 2 chairs). We had a double bed, i've never been to a hotel wherer they have doubles, but we ddint' lose any sleep. The one good thing about CPs is that they all have the standard wonderful bed/mattress/linens. There was an old style CRT television and a coffee maker with tea and coffee. The windows are small. Bathroom is also small but practical.

Back to the casino. The casino is cool, and I have to admit, until this visit, i was touting the better offerings of the Seneca Niagara Casino across the way. But, after this visit, I have once again gained respect for the OLC casinos. Why? Well, smoke free, and now lots and lots of penny machines. They don't offer free drink service, like they do in the states, but that is so inconsistent anyways. But, what they do offer is a drink centre, which has free pop and coffee and water. There was a live band performing upstairs and 54-40 was also performing, downstairs.

In the end I would higlhy recommend this hotel, for not only it's location, but also for it's clean/comfortable rooms.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
toronto
Reviewed October 1, 2009

Our stay included two rooms in one. Each room had it's own bed and TV with an amazing view of both the American and Canadian Falls. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. The beds wre awesome and provided a great nights sleep. The staff was very accomadating. The rooms appear to have been recently renovated.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business