“even though the rooms are small”

Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls - Fallsview
Ranked #38 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed February 20, 2009

We made due with the small room. It's not bad for a couple but we were traveling with family and had 3 adults and 2 children in the room. Very cramped but the room was nice enough. The only major problem was the elevators. Two of the three elevators were out of order for the two days we were there. We waited at one point for 15 minutes to go to the rainbow room for breakfast and then gave up and went out of the hotel for a meal.
Other than that, the staff were very friendly. THe children received a gift bag upon check in. The waterpark was great. The kids had a ball and that was the bottom line for us. It was very convenient for us to be right there and not have to leave the building. The prices are high but keep in mind that it's Canadien and the exchange rate was 25% when we were there. But I thought we had a great deal for the price and our grandchildren have a wonderful memory

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,028)

Reviewed February 5, 2009

Had a great time at the Crowne. Would highly recommend and will be back. Initially, there were a few minor issues with the room which were quickly and effectively taken care of by the hotel staff. The entire staff was fantastic!

Reviewed February 3, 2009

I can't believe how little I paid for the quality I received.Wonderful historical hotel with all the ammenities.Excellent location with a view of the falls for only $75 Can.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 30, 2009

My boys and I had a wonderful visit to the Crowne Plaza. It was my youngest son's first time at a hotel and he thoroughly enjoyed it. We loved the Fallsview Indoor Waterpark. My favorite part was that there was a variety of things to do - and we never had to step foot outside... Ontario gets pretty cold mid-January!!!

Reviewed January 30, 2009

My family and I had a great time at this property.
The staff are wonderful.
The hotel is extremely clean.
The room and restaurants were great.
The location is perfect!!! Connected to the casino, parking, waterpark, childrens arcade and restaurants.

What else could you ask for in a hotel!!!

We cant wait to go back.

• Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed January 19, 2009

Stayed here with my 2 sisters for an evening at the Falls. Had great service from the staff, esp. the Scottish bellboy (Jimmy?) and valet staff, who always had our car out front when requested. Only one elevator was working but hotels have to upgrade their facilities sometime and off-season is the best time to do it. Not a great inconvenience to wait a few extra moments for the elevator.

Although the room was relatively small, it did not seem cramped even with 3 of us in the room. The beds were very comfortable and the linens were sumptuous. The room was also (importantly) very, very, clean (and did I say it - very clean!)

The hotel's entrance is stunning with a sweeping staircase - an old world feel esp with the fantastic entryway chandelier There is also an indoor walkway to Casino Niagara (old casino). We also had a great dinner buffet in the Market Buffet at Casino Niagara. Just $16.95 plus taxes for dinner, which was very well done. Even with a light attendance, the selection was fantastic.

The view from our hotel room was okay - we overlooked the street but I sat in the window and could see the mist rising from the Falls quite clearly. The falls are indescribably beautiful and well worth the trip any time of year.

The better Falls view was had from the Rainbow Room restaurant the next morning while having breakfast - staff were very polite and the food good, however, staffing is lower in the off-season and we waited a while before being seated (probably only minutes but seemed an eternity whie standing there). Had the "Pain Pardu" (french toast with a hint of orange flavor) which I would go back for.

Reviewed January 11, 2009

I was in town to watch my daughter play college hockey at Niagara University. I thought I would book a stay on the Canadian side for a better view of Niagara Falls. My stay at the Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls was great. The staff was outstanding. The view was incredible and everything was walking distance from my hotel room. In the future I would not hesitate to book again. Great job to the Crowne Plaza!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Sal-EP