“Excellent location”

Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls - Fallsview
Ranked #37 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Excellent location and the hotel is lovely lots of character and a beautiful entrance. The staff are very helpful and everywhere was very clean. Our room was very good with plenty of drinks and a very comfy bed, only thing was the awful loud noise from the fans outside our room which kept us awake. Overall a lovelystay

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We traveled with a group and they used this hotel. Without exception none of the large group were happy with their rooms here. The foyer and staff are nice but the rooms are not great. Our room was so noisy, all night a vent or some other racket was outside and it was like trying to sleep in a factory. Cups etc dusty in room. Glad we only spend one night here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Heather M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls - Fallsview, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear HMoo,

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at our hotel. Please accept our apologies for teh inconvenience you had with your room and the noise. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Despite your disappointment we do hope you will stay with us again when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Karen C

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Excellent food in the restaurant with amazing views of the falls. The balconies on the 11th floor provide a place to relax and watch the falls. Lots of children on adjoining streets, family oriented. Staff all very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for one night for my birthday. I booked a 2 room suite about a month before my arrival date. I was sent a confirmation number with the right room and then the day before check in I was sent another confirmation with the same confirmation number with a different room. I had to call the hotel to confirm what room they had me in. The room they had me in was the correct room, so I didnt worry about the second room.

I checked in around 6:00pm and it was quick. I had no trouble with that.

I was given the room key and told where to go. Well in this building the 12th floor is only accessible from certain elevators. I had to take the roomier main elevator to the 9th floor and then wait and wait for the less roomy and far older elevator that goes to the 12th floor. This elevator to me had a very horror movie vibe.

Once there, I found my room. The layout was not what I had expected. It was the last room on the floor so I had hoped that would have helped make a little bigger. Once you open the door it looked quite small and cramped. It also looked like I had gotten the wrong room. I went to the back and found the second bedroom. The rooms as single rooms were okay in size, I just thought it odd that the bathroom butted up to one room. I had to go into the other room to use the washroom in the night. It's a good thing that I was staying with family because it was okay with them. Had it been a co-worker I think I would have felt really uncomfortable invading their space during the night.

The bathroom was small, well laid out but small.

The tv remote didnt work properly for me. I had to call down to front desk who got it working. After that the channels were fine. I dont really know about the full channel choice, I wound up watching one channel more than any other.

It was cold and raining the day that I checked out so I didnt want to vernture out of the hotel for breakfast. I just went up to the Rainbow Room and had breakfast there. It was okay. I wouldnt call it anything special. The price was high, but no higher then I have paid in other hotels for simillar faire.

Given the price of this room vs the size, I dont know if I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sunshintuna

Dear Sunshintuna,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, as these are invaluable in assisting us in improving the service and facilities we offer. We apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. Guest comments like yours are paramount for allowing us to focus our attention where guests’ feel it is necessary.

Ferdinand G.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

the best thing about this hotel is it's clear and magnificent views of both of the falls and the bridge from the top 3 levels in the restaurant on 10th, and rooms on 11th and 12th floor... the rooms and pluming have seen better days and in need of modernization - the bed was very hard and uncomfortable and the drains not very flowing. The conference facilities were fine, but a little difficult to traverse between all the rooms on different floors and all joined to other parts of the hotel upper floors... The other great thing about this hotel was the food - could not fault the quality and freshness of all meals we had there.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls - Fallsview, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Bez009,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. It is very nice to know that you enjoyed the view. I sincerely apologize for the experience you had with the room condition. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Karen G.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed here with our 2 children during the long weekend of May 17th to May 20th, 2013. Prior to arriving, I had spoken with hotel manager Mr. Joseph Legace about concerns we had about the hotel industry. Mr. Legace immediately put me at ease. We had a nice clean room with falls view on the 8th floor and even noticed that our room had new matresses and box springs. Our house keeper Carolle also did a great job in making sure we had everything we needed.
The hotel location is great, probably as good as it gets, 1 block from the falls and you are right on Clifton Hill where much of the attractions are.
When booking hotels, we consider the following 5 things: Staff, cleanliness, location, pool and comfort.
The Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls surpassed our expectations in all of the above mentioned criterias with very courteous staff and management, clean rooms, great location, nice indoor pool and comfortable NEW beds.
Thank you Mr. Legace and all the staff for making our short stay a memorable one.
Hopefully we will be back soon.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2013

A very old hotel - our room was small, the bathroom was tiny - the bath was useless and it took a while to get the hot water through for a shower. The main room smelt musty. We were told we had a "special room" - so disappointing when we saw it. Two lifts to get to the 12th floor - the second lift must have come from the 1950's. The air conditioner did not work properly. Walls are paper thin, carpets are old, wallpaper is lifting.
This hotel does not appear to have had any upgrades for many years. I would never stay there again.
On the positive - the staff were very helpful and we had a good breakfast in the dining room.
My first negative review of any hotel - I paid $760.00 for two nights - a disappointing result.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Geoff B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls - Fallsview, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear Geoff B,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your recent stay with us. While we are pleased to hear that our staff went above and beyond to provide you with exceptional service, we regret our hotel did not live up to your expectations in some aspects.

We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I have taken note of the points you've raised in this review and have shared these with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and providing us a candid feedback.

Joel B