“Great Way to Start the New Year”

Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls - Fallsview
Ranked #33 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Toronto, Canada
“Great Way to Start the New Year”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We travelled with my son's family for a three-day stay at the Crown Plaza and found it a lovely place to stay. The adjoining rooms were well cleaned and beds comfy. The staff was very pleasant and my son made numerous trips to the front desk with questions on directions which were answered courteously and with a smile. Since my grandson is 4 years old we spent a lot of time in the adjoining waterpark which I think was a better deal even than Great Wolf Lodge. I loved the decor, Starbucks and the connecting tunnels to parking and waterpark elevators. I would definitely book back in here again.

Room Tip: We had a great view of the Falls and border crossing. The eighth floor was quiet and elevators plen...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Susan G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (512)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Booked a stay with the Crowne Plaza and had a poor visit. The deal I received was two night stay with $40 toward spa, two free drinks at Hard Rock restaurant, $40 at Massimo Capra's Rainbow Room, and two separate wine tours. The only good part was the wine tour. The spa voucher was not worth it. You had to spend a minimum amount of money with two people to attend. I didn't want to go to the spa I thought I could send just my girlfriend to the spa to enjoy a massage. The Rainbow room menu was horrible and very expensive. The voucher for the restaurant also had restrictions (both people had to order from the entree menu). And finally, we went to the Hard Rock Restaurant for our drinks only to find out the bar closes at 11!!! What bar closes at 11??? HORRIBLE. Not satisfied. Will not return and do not suggest.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Louis S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls - Fallsview, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Dear Louis S,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I am sorry that we fell below your expectations on this day, particularly with the issues you experienced with the packaged that you booked. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show you what we have done in the future.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Pam G.
Delhi, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Our family enjoyed this hotel this past weekend. Our bed was comfy, the room was clean and the staff were very friendly. The main man Carl was FANTASTIC! He helped us with an obscene amount of luggage ( there were 11 of us) and gave us great suggestions for restaurants and activities. The only complaint of the hotel was that we had breakfast in Massimo Capria's dining room and the temperature was HOT. The sun was coming in the windows ( which is lovely in January) but without shades the heat of the sun was unbearable..it made us finish our breakfast quickly, and we were all uncomfortable and sweaty. We would have loved to linger. However, overall our experience was great and we were able to walk all over Clifton Hill.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Pamela W
Kincardine, Canada
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Wedding was held at adjacent Sherton which was well done. Guests booked rooms at the Crowne. Rooms are small and dated. Beds are less than adequate. We were on the 4th floor so the ourside speakers blaring rock music until midnight were annoying. You are paying for proximity to Clifton Hill. Whoopie! Staff are excellent.

Room Tip: Guests booked on the 6th floor did not hear exterior speakers or traffic noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Terry H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls - Fallsview, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Terry H,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you have encountered during your stay with us. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction.

Krysllin G.
Exmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This is a superb hotel, very close to all amenities including the Falls within easy walking distance. Fantastic views of the falls from the Restaurant. The staff were all friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble, always helpful with advice. Our room (being upgraded on arrival) overlooked the Rainbow Bridge, the American Falls with the Horse-Shoe Falls in the distance. Easy walking into the town with plentiful pubs, restaurants. We had a great time the main reason was a holiday also participating in the Niagara Falls International Marathon, the buses to the start picked up right outside the hotel in Fallsview. Easy walk across the Rainbow Bridge into the America Falls National Park, fantastic scenery and walks around. Easy access to the water park, has it's own pool and exercise area. You have to pay extra for internet access in your room but you can use the courtesy computers in the room next to reception for free at certain times. Overall very impressed and would recommend and stay again.

Room Tip: Try to upgrade to rooms at the front of the hotel on the upper floors for exceptional views of the f...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights on an unplanned trip to Niagara Falls for new year's eve. I had originally picked this hotel because I wanted one close to the rainbow bridge, and this is the first one I came across. The front desk staff was very friendly during check in, but the prices had been hiked for new years (which is understandable) and i ended up paying $350 a night for a room with one bed when I got to the room I was disappointed to find that the room was quite smaller than what I expected although it was very clean and the bathroom/shower was nice. I ended up having a nice stay along with a good fresh breakfast in the mornings and the overall hotel was very clean, and the attached casino was wonderful ! I would return to stay here again but the prices would have to be lower. and if you are looking for something close to the rainbow bridge I would look at some other options first including the Sheraton next door.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls - Fallsview, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Jmm1713,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. However, I would like to apologize for the dissatisfaction you had experienced because of the rates. We are hospitality professionals who work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we strive to provide service rates that are competitive in the area. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers, but to instead provide good value, comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Janice A
Mississauga, Ontario
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I took my son there for easter break and we spent there 2 night in april 2012. Parking is a little hard to find and sort of inconvenient and expensive but the location is excellent. Close to everything from restaurants to the falls. We got an upgrade for no extra charge and front desk also informed us that we can get waterpark tickets on promotion from them. Loved the view from our room especially the bathroom was fun. We could see the falls while having a shower. We were on the 6th floor but we could hear the music at night that a live band was playing at a nearby restaurant. Waterpark was a lot of fun and enjoyed that we could go up inour robe in he elevator and just walk right in no need to go out. Bed was very comfortable with lots of pillows. Front desk is very attentive to your needs and efficient. I would go back again if the price is right.

Room Tip: Higher floor looking at the falls.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family