Stayed at the Plaza in August of 2009 (the review drop-down didn't give a choice for 2009) for a convention. I was nervous as the feedback from people who had already checked in reported tiny, tiny rooms. When I arrived at 3:30pm, my room wasn't ready. It still wasn't ready at 6:30pm. Good thing I had events to attend, though I would have liked to freshen up or at least change. The lobby has an impressive staircase and an old, rich look and feel to it.
Returning after 10pm, the room was ready. The front desk informed me that I had received a room upgrade as compensation for such a long wait to have a room ready. Nice service.
As I opened the door to my room, I held my breath, wondering how I was going to fit 3 or 4 more people. Imagine my suprise to discover a 2-bedroom suite with dining table, living room and kitchenette!
If it was a mistake, I wasn't about to seek to correct it. I was paying a convention/group room rate, so I wasn't charged extra.
Here are the "goods":
My particular suite was outstanding, save for the tiny, tiny bathroom that required a yoga instructor to get in AND shut the door. The food that was served was very good, though if you were one of the last tables, it was a bit cold.
The rooms with the view of the falls DO have a spectacular view.
The hotel has access to the indoor waterpark, has underground parking, is close to absolutely everything and has that old, luxurious feel to it.
The beds were super-comfy, the pillows fresh and fluffy and the room was immaculate. The entire hotel was spotless.
The internet was fast, the staff very courteous and the convention facilities were lovely.
You pay extra for absolutely everything - parking, internet, waterpark, tourism fees, etc..etc.. I have never understood the need to charge extra for parking. Either include it in the room rate, or don't charge for it at all. If you're within walking distance from your home, chances are you don't need to stay at a hotel. Therefore, 99.9% of guests probably got there via a vehicle of some sort that requires a parking spot.
The Plaza Maze - to get to the parking lot, the waterpark or even some upper floors of the hotel, you can count on travelling at least two different elevators. This is crazy confusing and very poor planning. It's pretty bad when you have to stop and ask for directions within the hotel!
Rooms - while mine was huge, I did visit my friends' rooms and yes, they are very, very small. If you have more than 2 people in a room, pay the extra for a suite or room with a view that provides extra space.
Food - the on-site restaurants are quite expensive - you will get a much better deal at the Casino. I ended up with a meal charged to my room - I didn't eat there. Staff at least fixed the problem when I brought it to their attention, but it concerns me that room numbers weren't confirmed prior to that charge being directed to me.
If you're 2 people or less, you don't need parking or internet and you want to have an old-luxury kind of hotel, the Plaza is for you. You will get excellent service, comfortable beds & pillows and you will be in the heart of the tourist area. Keep in mind you'll get a tiny room, be charged extra for everything and you'll be spending a lot of time switching elevators to get where you want to be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Classic elegance at the Falls. The AAA/CAA rated 3-Diamond/4 Star fallsview hotel is located directly across from Niagara Falls, in the heart of the tourist district. The Crowne features indoor connections to Casino Niagara, Fallsview Indoor Waterpark, and the attractions, entertainment and dining options located on the 20 acre Falls Avenue Resort. A getaway at the Crowne is a rewarding experience in part a result of first class amenities, spectacular fallsview guestrooms & suites, and exquisite fallsview fine dining at The Rainbow Room by Massimo Capra. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, IHG, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls - Fallsview reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls - Fallsview Hotel Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Crowne Plaza