“Great stay at the Falls” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls - Fallsview

Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls - Fallsview
Ranked #31 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Orono, Canada
“Great stay at the Falls”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2011

We had a great stay at this property. It is an older property with lots of historical charm which is lacking in other properties in the area. It is right across from the falls with a beautiful view and close walking distance to everything. The staff was very friendly and let us check in early to our room since we were going shopping across the border for the day. I personally did not eat at the restaurant but a fellow traveler did and said it was "fantastic food". This is good hotel is you want a quaint and more personal experience.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (496)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

I can't tell you how disappointed we were staying at your Crowne Plaza hotel…and man do we ever regret it! It will never happen again!!

First of all my daughter booked the all couples package for our 23rd Anniversary...which included wine testing coupons (which was nice a $10 per person tour), spa discount of $40 but had to spend at least 150-200 dollars to get the discount. Dinner at Massimos restaurant that we didn't take advantage of cause it was book all the time..and heard from another couple that it was very over priced and the food was tasteless. A coupon for 2 free cocktail at the Hard Rock Café, which they didn't honor because they said cocktails are beer and wine. My husband and I don't drink beer or wine but regardless that the voucher says cocktail and not drink like beer or wine. The waitress said that beer and wine are the only thing that you can get for free, but she will ask the manager if you can get cocktails. We waited for over 10mins and nobody showed up to say anything to us…the place was empty so I can't see how they couldn't come back to us and say something for almost 15mins. We didn't even order my husband was so upset that we ended up leaving and they didn't even care.

Once we got back to the hotel we went to the desk and explained all this to them and all they could say is "cocktails are beer and wine", but clearly on the voucher it said cocktail and they couldn't do anything for us. One of the ladies said that she will address this to the marketing department that prints the vouchers and that was that! We paid over $100, if not more, for the couples package and we didn't get anything that was even close to worth it. Once they gave us our room cards, we went in there thinking "cant wait to see the view they promised" cause we asked for a falls view. When we walked in the room it was so tiny that we had to put our luggages on the table. There was a bad smell in the air , stains on the carpet the toilet was tasty and had black ring around it, the air conditioner was making a ticking noise the sheets were all wrinkled and looks like a kid made the bed and the window over looking the falls was a joke...it was the size of a jail cell window. We were so upset that we called and mentioned our concerns to the desk. They said they will move us to another in a few minutes, they would call us back. This tech guy came and looked at the air conditioner...we asked him if somebody else was coming to give us our new room card and he said "I'm just the tech guys, ummmm..I don't know??!" that was so disturbing that he could talk to us that way?! After a few minute another guy came to give us our new room keys…he just handed them to us and that was that. No apology, no "may I help you to your new room". He just looked at us like a bunch of idiots. He ignored us completely and just went to see the tech guy. My husband mentioned to him that the toilet needs to be changed because its not that its dirty but it's scrubbed so much that it's turned black and all he could say was ahha! What nice service…unbelievable! When we got to our "New" room it was exactly the same excluding the black toilet stain and the air conditioner wasn't making any noises. The sheets were the same, the stains on the carpet were even worse. Also your towels were as hard as sand paper. I can't tell you how disappointed we are!

I have received better service from motels than from the "Crowne Plaza"! Our room was over $640 dollars for the 2 nights?!!! sooooo over priced!!! I can't get over it and the service was unbelievably disappointing. I will never ever, ever stay in another Crowne plaza! Can't believe the service and the accommodations!!

Just to let you know that we stayed at the Hilton Fallsview in August and the hotel and service was amazing and we paid half the cost. We love Niagara Falls but I will make sure I stay at the Hilton from now on!

Your disappointed customers!!

Room Tip: Disappointing, dirty, not worth the price, service was bad
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Effie T
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls - Fallsview, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
Effie T,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry that you received service that was less-than-satisfactory and regret any inconvenience that your experience has caused you.
We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Ben J
IHG Care
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2011

I recently had a wonderful stay at this hotel. Had booked a room with two double beds, but when I showed up at the registration desk and asked about a room with two queen beds (much more comfortable for my family of 4!), the friendly hotel staff upgraded me to a suite level room, with queen beds in separate rooms, and an outdoor terrace overlooking the falls. They also let us make our entry passes to the attached waterpark effective next day, which meant we could take advantage of it longer. Could not have had a more enjoyable experience or more helpful staff. Hotel is older, and as a result, somewhat quirky (ex: had to take a second small elevator to get to the suite level, and that elevator wasn't working when we were there!), but in my view this just adds to the hotel's charm. Great place to stay with family.

Room Tip: Ask for falls view!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

We spent one night here while on a road trip. We checked in early in the morning, so our room was not ready, which was fine. We had a tour planned, so we did the tour and returned to check into our room. When we arrived we were told several other people with our surname had checked in and they weren't certain if they gave our room to them. The manager then told us that he would upgrade our room for the inconvenience. We had a nice king size bed with a balcony overlooking the falls! What a surprise!

The hotel is older, but is impeccible. The room was clean and very comfortable. This was the type of experience that you wish you could have stayed an extra day, but we had other obligations.

The location is close to many of the the attractions and walking distance to restaurants. I would recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

Hotel had great views, close to everything and nice interiors. However, the Crown Plaza’s staff needs to be better trained in customer service. Every time I tried to ask for directions, to use the business center or just a general question it felt like I was being a bother. In order to get attention I often had to interrupt the staff conversations and information given to me was either wrong or solid no without any suggestion to fix the issues. I might have been because I am young (early 20’s) or because I stayed in the hotel right after the summer tourist rush, but still it was unprofessional.

Other things I didn’t agree with in this hotel were:
- Internet cost $10 a day to use
- High staff traffic and loud surroundings in the business center and lobby
- Unhelpful staff

I would stay at this hotel again however my expectation for excellent customer service will be lower.

Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

Got a free upgrade upon arrival to a suite with a spa. No complaints here!

Waterloo, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

Formerly the Brock Skyline, this historic property has great views of both falls. Gorgeous interiors, nice restaurant on top floor. Complimentary wine for platinum members? Yes! 10/10

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business