“Beware of breakfast scam across the street”
Review of Country Chalet

Country Chalet
Ranked #423 of 572 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My family and I stayed at this wonderful hotel over the Thanksgiving weekend. The hotel is in a good location and the room was clean. The only disappointment we had was the breakfast at the Country Chalet Restaurant & Pancake House across the street (no connection to the hotel).

The restaurant advertises a "All You Can Eat Breakfast for $6.99" and when you walk in there is neither any sign/notice of additional charges nor do the wait staff say anything. In fact the wait staff come and ask you if you would like tea, coffee, juice etc and make no mention of extra charges.

It is only when you get the bill that you discover that the drinks (coffee, tea, juice, milk) is not included in the advertised price and exhorbitant charges have been added on for the drinks. When you complain, the cashier points out that the advertisement is for "All you can EAT", and drinks are extra.

Completely misleading advertising. Beware.

There are newer reviews for Country Chalet

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This place charged $6.99 CAD for all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet. The food was ok. However, juice, coffee, and other drinks were $4 extra. Glasses of water are not available, only bottled water for $4. Still one of cheapest places to eat breakfast in the area. Food is very expensive in Niagara Falls, Canada.

1  Thank thom235
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This place came recommended, and I couldn't tell you why anyone who had been here before would make the mistake of doing that. Tables, chairs, a vat of manufactured scrambled eggs, cardboard bacon, toast, chemical tasting "breakfast potatoes" and shrivelled sausage.

THIS IS NOT A BUFFET. PERIOD.

The rumours are true as I asked the employees "is this food even real?" "NO" they replied. At least they are honest. What does that mean you ask - Cancer on your plate, buckets of egg discard that they fry up on the grill and call scrambled eggs. What I can't understand is that there are hundreds of breakfast places in Niagara, fresh bacon, eggs, free coffee even for only a few dollars more (here you have to pay $4.00 a drink) WHY WOULD ANYONE EAT HERE.
Wait till you get your bill, due to the outrageous drink cost our bill was a cool $50.00!!!

Then the person who recommended it got mad because I wouldn't eat. One less tumour for me! Saturday ruined.

3  Thank MarkusMark
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This really is a food fight Buffett chocolate milk was $4 a glass they do not offer water, only bottled water. Bacon was over cooked and I could not eat it.
I had coffee and my wife had chocolate milk and two breakfast buffets for $32.00
We will not be back..
As others have said, this is a poor business practice to not advertise prices
This should read 6.99 PLUS DRINKS 10.99 PLUS TAX

3  Thank John D
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Its a big rip off going there, They entice you by telling its breakfast buffet for $ 6.99. But the item are very limited and they charge more than $ 4 for a glass of juice. We had gone there with my 2 year old daughter who was already fed before going there. when the bill came we noticed they charged us almost $ 30 bucks. when we asked them they say that they charge me for my daughter also, when we told them that she dint eat anything from this place, they said that they cant check and they charge for every person in the table even if they don't eat. even though we were really upset, they dint care, very bad attitude from the manager we experienced. And half the time instead of eating we had to be swaying away the bees from our food

4  Thank sanujohn