“Amazing Wedding”

Ranked #188 of 1,757 Restaurants in Mississauga
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I recently got married at the The Glen Erin Inn on May 26th, 2012. I had been planning the event with Faye since November 2010. The wedding day was beyond what I expected.

DECOR - The decor was amazing (I only paid a total of $500, which included chair covers and I made my own centerpieces). When I walked into the creditvalley room, it was breathtaking. The reception/bar area was tastefully organized and there was plenty of space for all of our guests.

FOOD - The food was fantastic. Everything came out hot and tasted amazing. Our menu included soup, salad, a main course, and dessert. We decided to do a Beef Striploin and stuffed chicked as the main. Everything came out hot and right on time. Our guests complimented the food, service, and hall all night. Maurizio was our event manager for the night and made sure we had everything we needed. He went above and beyond for us, and we couldn't be more thankful. At one point, I forgot one of our guests was a strict vegetarian, Maurizio already took care of it and made a special dish for him. All the food had flavour and tasted exactly the same as when we had our sample dinner.

I never wanted a standard cookie cutter wedding. I wanted an intimate hall with windows and separate reception area. I received everything I wanted and then some. I have guests telling me that this was the best wedding they have ever been to and some went even as far as saying they will never attend a wedding at a banquet hall again. The guests had the option of reserving a room at the Inn that night, which many opted to do.

GROUNDS - I had a park pass for photos on Lakeshore, however, I opted to take the photos at the Inn. I am really glad I did. It was so convenient and my photographer found some amazing spots. She couldn't stop raving about the great location and the great photos I would get.

INN - We had family from overseas at our home, so we opted to stay at the Inn for a few nights to get some rest and relaxation before the big day. We stayed in a suite at the Carriage House. There is a king bed with a big fluffy duvet and really comfortable pillows. Our room had a jacuzzi tub with his and her sinks. We had a sitting area with a dining table. This proved to be extremely helpful when our wedding party needed somewhere to sit and chat. Lol

My overall experience was amazing. I cannot recommend this venue enough to people. My guests cannot stop talking about my wedding. Faye was so fun and professional to deal with. I changed my wedding date 3 times, and signed 3 different contracts. I contacted by email with a thousand questions, some just one email. She replied right away and really went out of her way to make sure I had everything I needed. The best part was, that I did not break the bank. The prices they charge are extremely reasonable for what you get. If you have a chance to get married at Glen Erin Inn, you will be extremely happy you did. Planning a wedding is so stressful, but everyone at Glen Erin Inn really makes the experience fun and exciting.

I will post some pictures once I receive them from my photographer.

1  Thank AkuraToronto

Reviewed June 18, 2012

We have been there on 3 different occasions, but always for the buffet. I booked Father's Day dinner for last evening. Two days before I received a call from the restaurant explaining that it is not a buffet for dinner but a la cart and would we still be interested, I said 'sure,. That was a mistake. There didn't seem to be anyone dining in the front of the inn when we arrived. We were seated in a room just off the terrace. No one else was there to dine at that time. Hence, not busy. The service was horrible. Dinner for four took over 2 hours. The food was good, but our server was so slow, if we could locate him. I don't think we will ever go back for anything but brunch, if ever. Very disappointed for a $260.00 dinner.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

The food and service was amazing. Parking was feet away from the front door, as i entered there was massages being offered outside, inside cheese and wine, than a fantastic dinner lamb chops with great apps.... a must too experience.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

A first anniversary is a special time and we wanted to ensure that we celebrated in style.
Glen Erin has a wonderful atmosphere with the leafy green ravine behind it, cozy atmosphere and discreet yet attentive service.
When we arrived there was a wedding service with a rather large party, and we were concerned that service may not be good and the kitchen may be too busy with the wedding!
We were delighted to be proven wrong! The food was excellent and the service fantastic.
Highly recommend Glen Erin Inn for any occasion special or every day!
We will be returning for the Sunday Brunch!

Reviewed October 4, 2011

We hosted a wedding dinner for 16 people October 1, 2011 in the lovely Grand Sunroom at the historic Glenerin Inn, overlooking a beautiful, leafy ravine. The room is elegant with its stone walls and chandeliers, and the Inn staff dressed the table beautifully. We cannot say enough about the calibre of service - from the attentive waiters (especially "Jason", who moved furniture around to suit our needs, provided extra seating and generally went out of his way to ensure perfection...) to the skill and talent of the Catering Manager, Maurizio, who saw to our complete satisfaction ... including providing us with access to a picturesque patio for our photography. (I might mention here that Maurizio and his staff were looking after a concurrent 120-guest wedding in another part of the Inn, yet our small party was attended to as diligently as if we were the only guests there !)

As for the food ... we have only one word: Superlative! From the excellent selection of appetizers, perfectly-prepared, skillfully presented entrees and sumptuous desserts, to the flawless timing of service and attentive bar and wine service, all 16 guests were highly impressed with the efficiency, professionalism and charm. And the cost for all of this was pleasantly resonable.

We heartily recommend the Glenerin Inn for brunch, dinner, family reunion or wedding. To us, it was a 10 out of 10 experience.

1  Thank Dawn T