“Fresh! Love it.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Kids, Families with children
Toronto, Canada
“Fresh! Love it.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

Cozy place to go for some delicious food. Combo of Thai-Indian menu is perfect for my palate. Service is a bit slow, but I am glad because they make everything fresh. You can tell when you taste it. Very friendly staff. Tables a bit too simple. But I will go back again and again because the food is great. I love supporting local establishments where they try hard.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank glen g

Johannesburg, South Africa
“Mango Rain Delight”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Mango Rain is a small Thai / Indian restaurant off the beaten track located in Port Credit on Lakeshore Blvd. If you are within a 40 min. drive definitely go for freshly cooked quality (as ordered) food!
The restaurant is small with a quasi intimate atmosphere with white linen and candles. Service is excellent and unpretentious.
Enjoy!

• Visited March 2013
5 Thank Ian H
Toronto
“A Real Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

This is my third time at this restaurant and it never disappoints. Yesterday I had lunch there for the first time.

We were the only ones in there, which is surprising given how good the food is. The server recommended the Cashew Chicken so I ordered that, and was given the option of choosing the spice level. I couldn't have been more impressed with it--perfectly spiced, very fresh ingredients, delicious. My friend ordered another Thai dish but requested the Indian potatoes instead of the rice. I tried them and they were incredible. Fresh fragrant spicing, crispy outsides, I will definitely order them next time.

• Visited January 2013
5 Thank DebKToronto
Mississauga, Canada
“A local gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Perfect for those nights when you can't decide if you want Thai or Indian... you can have both, or each have your own!

We've been going for a couple years, and have enjoyed a number of their dishes.
Butter Chicken is a favourite of mine, and the Vindaloo is a popular choice of my husband.
We have also enjoyed the Pad Thai, and the Vegetable Pakora's.

The food is always fresh, so it does take a bit longer to get to the table, and there is no air conditioning which can be a draw back if you are there on a hot summer night.

Waitstaff are friendly and for the most part attentive, they do get a bit distracted when the dining room is busy.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Laramom23
Mississauga, ON
“very impressed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

I've been wanting to try this restaurant since I saw it open up but hadn't made it. Last night I went with a couple of friends and was very impressed! We ordered shrimp and chicken skewers as a starter and they were excellent, make sure you try them without the peanut sauce first because YUMMY but make sure to try the peanut sauce as well because it was very good too LOL. I particularly liked the shrimp. For mains we shared butter chicken, green curry (chicken) and prawn laziz. The butter chicken was the best I've ever had, very unique flavours. Apparently it is their most popular dish. I also asked what they would recommend for something 'different' that we may not have had and the waitress recommended laziz because it is her favourite. I must admit it might be a favourite of mine now too! The friends I went with are not so fond of spice so we got mild-medium for everything. I found it all very flavourful with just enough burn (and I actually like spice) and it might have been a bit on the spicey side for them so I'd suggest you err on the side of caution when choosing your spice level.

• Visited October 2012