“Good food good price good people ”

Hakka Ren Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #221 of 2,051 Restaurants in Mississauga
Reviewed February 17, 2018 via mobile

What a surprise. Worth the wait.
Small restaurant with limited seating, but avail for groups and reservations. Upon entering, customers pile up at door waiting to be seated, as there isn’t much of a waiting area. You Place your name on a hand written waiting list.
Staff are friendly once you say hi. They open up and offer great meal suggestions and favorites.
Lunch special meals avail and halal.
We tried the vege pakoras ( nice crispy ) with tamarind sauce , Szechuan chicken ( popular favourite), house chow mein, house fried rice and tiger shrimp fried in butter.
Bill came to $67. Good food, good price and good portions. Front of house manager comes to tables to say hi and check on guest. Back of house manger hand delivers some of the food to also say hi to guest. That’s customers service lacking in so many restaurant.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed January 31, 2018

The food is delicious and they give a good size portion, there's always leftovers whenever we go. Service is quick, always seated promptly. The only thing I don't like is that their pakoras are too salty for me.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed January 29, 2018

Expected better main dishes. Everything was grossly UNDERSALTED!
Great pakoras, chutney and spring rolls.
Shrimp and chicken chilli is OK, but unremarkable.
We ordered the Singapore vegi dish , but definitely received the wrong plate, as it wasn't rice vermicelli plus had no curry in it...they were convincing us we were wrong...
Just a miss on flavors and salt levels unfortunately..

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed December 31, 2017

Allow me to paint a picture of this restaurant for those who have never been in here and would like to find out how the food and service is.

I heard many reviews for this place and I also tried there food in the past. Also, wanted to give this place a shot!

Service: I was seated in a rather empty restaurant during the holidays. I was able to place my order with the waiting staff as soon as I had decided what to get. However, I had to wait 1 HOUR, yes 60 minutes for 4 dishes which typically takes 20 minutes in a busy restaurant. I saw other tables being served while I was patiently waiting for my order (FYI: these tables arrived after I placed my order). When I asked about my order, all I was told by all the servers was " it's coming soon". I heard that statement more times than a movie theatre presenting movie trailers. At this point, enough was enough ladies and gentlemen! When I informed the staff about my situation, I told them I did not desire my order anymore, they gave me the most disrespectful look with attitude from ONE OF OWNERS OF THIS PLACE!

Food: The quality of the food here has gone down with time. From a strong 5 STAR quality to now being close to frozen dinners from Swanson. Greasy is the definition of there foods. Word of advice: Go to Oceans (right beside it)! Fast service, better food, & no frills!

And if management is reading this review, Honey you got some 'xplainin to do!

Date of visit: December 2017
2  Thank G C
Reviewed December 26, 2017

Food is great but worst customer service.

When asked for manager to report, I was told that he is busy and can't talk to us right now.

Worst place to dine in with friends and family. Best for take out.

Date of visit: December 2017