“Excellent Greek Cuisine”

Ranked #43 of 1,743 Restaurants in Mississauga
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Recently had dinner there with a few friends. Had to make a reservation as this restaurant is really very busy. I had a souvlaki platter that was excellent. It came with rice, roasted potatoes and a greek salad...The service was good and the waiter was very friendly..Did not order any dessert as I was too full from the platter. This place is pretty busy, and dining is tight..but the food is good.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

It took me far too long to finally try Colossus, after hearing rave reviews from friends and family for years. I was pleased with the cozy european atmosphere of the restaurant and have been back several times since my first visit. The service is friendly but not forced or fake. More variety on the menu than you would find at a chain greek restaurant, with so much more to offer than slouvaki - although the lamb slouvaki is excellent! I loved the Kopanisti dip to start, which was perfectly salty and spicy at the same time. Try the Exohiko for your entree, and you will not be disappointed. Hot and delicious lamb, feta cheese, seasoned rice all wrapped up in flaky philo pastry.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Great dishes and nice service. Lamb is prepared deliciously. Affordable prices. It was a while ago when I last visited.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Went there recently on a Sat., been there and Oakville location a few times over the years. Place was busy, tables are small & close. Good atmosphere. Service was very good, starter plate of various appetizers was really delicious. Moussaka likewise, and I had something new - lamb, cheese, kalamata olives in a phyllo pastry like a roti - exohito? and it was the best! Custard pie and baklava for dessert. Two bottles of Boudero wine went down well. For two couples, bill was just over $200 all in, not bad at all, well worth it. Try it, you'll like it!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We travelled to Toronto late, late one evening and our motel clerk suggested we eat at Colossus. What an amazing surprise! The Greek atmosphere was charming, the beer wonderful, and the meal was out-of-this world. We highly recommend the lamb shank dinner with meat that falls off the bone!! It is one of the best restaurants in which we have ever eaten. We will definitely be returning!!