“a lovely taverna to enjoy an authentic greek meal”
Review of Colossus of Rhodes

Colossus of Rhodes
Ranked #45 of 1,756 Restaurants in Mississauga
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2012

It took me far too long to finally try Colossus, after hearing rave reviews from friends and family for years. I was pleased with the cozy european atmosphere of the restaurant and have been back several times since my first visit. The service is friendly but not forced or fake. More variety on the menu than you would find at a chain greek restaurant, with so much more to offer than slouvaki - although the lamb slouvaki is excellent! I loved the Kopanisti dip to start, which was perfectly salty and spicy at the same time. Try the Exohiko for your entree, and you will not be disappointed. Hot and delicious lamb, feta cheese, seasoned rice all wrapped up in flaky philo pastry.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Great dishes and nice service. Lamb is prepared deliciously. Affordable prices. It was a while ago when I last visited.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Went there recently on a Sat., been there and Oakville location a few times over the years. Place was busy, tables are small & close. Good atmosphere. Service was very good, starter plate of various appetizers was really delicious. Moussaka likewise, and I had something new - lamb, cheese, kalamata olives in a phyllo pastry like a roti - exohito? and it was the best! Custard pie and baklava for dessert. Two bottles of Boudero wine went down well. For two couples, bill was just over $200 all in, not bad at all, well worth it. Try it, you'll like it!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We travelled to Toronto late, late one evening and our motel clerk suggested we eat at Colossus. What an amazing surprise! The Greek atmosphere was charming, the beer wonderful, and the meal was out-of-this world. We highly recommend the lamb shank dinner with meat that falls off the bone!! It is one of the best restaurants in which we have ever eaten. We will definitely be returning!!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

This restaurant never fails for me. I eat here often as they are just around the corner from my house. They handle rare mishaps swiftly and with a smile. We take friends here when they visit and it's always a success. We also had them cater our wedding rehearsal dinner this past July (for 50-70 people!). Their level of service and quality did not dissapoint!