“Was Very Good, but has Improved!”
Review of Colossus of Rhodes

Colossus of Rhodes
Ranked #43 of 1,743 Restaurants in Mississauga
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Went there recently on a Sat., been there and Oakville location a few times over the years. Place was busy, tables are small & close. Good atmosphere. Service was very good, starter plate of various appetizers was really delicious. Moussaka likewise, and I had something new - lamb, cheese, kalamata olives in a phyllo pastry like a roti - exohito? and it was the best! Custard pie and baklava for dessert. Two bottles of Boudero wine went down well. For two couples, bill was just over $200 all in, not bad at all, well worth it. Try it, you'll like it!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We travelled to Toronto late, late one evening and our motel clerk suggested we eat at Colossus. What an amazing surprise! The Greek atmosphere was charming, the beer wonderful, and the meal was out-of-this world. We highly recommend the lamb shank dinner with meat that falls off the bone!! It is one of the best restaurants in which we have ever eaten. We will definitely be returning!!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

This restaurant never fails for me. I eat here often as they are just around the corner from my house. They handle rare mishaps swiftly and with a smile. We take friends here when they visit and it's always a success. We also had them cater our wedding rehearsal dinner this past July (for 50-70 people!). Their level of service and quality did not dissapoint!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Always have the lamb chops. Service is brisk at this small place. They will toss together 3 tables for families. The staff is fun, the atmosphere..cozy. The best part is the food though. Bar none, the lamb chops are mouth-watering

1  Thank JaneSpotting
Reviewed September 13, 2012

(Originally posted in July 2012 but perhaps removed due to one word of profanity, but it was a direct quote from a waiter. Now reposting with word removed.)

Had a late evening dinner at the Port Credit restaurant on July 7, 2012. My family and I used to visit the restaurant a few times a year -- we came to expect good food and good service. It had been some time since we ate there, but tonight was disappointing. To be clear: the food was fine. I don't know if the poor service was due to the fact that I was a woman dining alone (as a one-time frequent business traveller, I've dined solo frequently and certainly experienced feeling invisible in restaurants). For the record, I left a decent (20%) tip, simply because I don't need to perpetuate the myth that women tip poorly.

A few observations:

-- I realize the establishment is not a 5-star restaurant, but it's basic customer service to ask at least once during a meal, "How is/was everything?" Two or three servers walked past my patio table at least 10 times during my meal but not one stopped and asked if everything was okay.

-- a few servers carried on inappropriate conversations loud enough for me to hear outside on the patio. One, who had gone off shift, sat with friends at the table next to mine. The friends' conversation was pretty loud and their use of profanity was impossible to ignore. One exchange between an on-duty server and the off-duty young man involved him ordering a salad because he "needed to s***." Truly unbelievable.

This was my first dinner alone in months. I expected good food, good drink, decent service and the chance to enjoy a book. What a let down. I emailed a complaint to the restaurant and never heard back. This place doesn't deserve your business -- there are lots of much better restaurants/bars in Port Credit.

4  Thank LaPetiteLulu