“Upscale Dining Experience”
Review of The Maharaja

The Maharaja
Ranked #47 of 2,039 Restaurants in Mississauga
Description: A Boutique Restaurant- A Tribute to the Rich Lifestyle and Culinary Legacy of Indian Royal Heritage. Indian Cuisine is an amalgamation of influences from Persia, Central Asia and Beyond. An Authentic Dining Experience reflecting the riot of colours, flavours and tastes of a Golden Era..
Reviewed March 14, 2019 via mobile

Looks like a pub from the outside but inside, no mistaking it’s an Indian restaurant. Inside, bright and somewhat sophisticated decor. But the true pleasure of this restaurant is its friendly and ultra professional service from the time we stepped in to the time we left.

Our waiter helped us with the menu, which frankly, I found overwhelming the way it was organized into four regions and food choices per region. Based on our preferences and his suggestions, we were able to quickly narrow down our choices and ordered a chicken biryani, a beef curry and a vegetable dish. The biryani was just ok - while it had flavour, both the rice and chicken was very dry. The beef was very tasty but the mixed vegetable with puréed spinach was outstanding as was the garlic naan.

The food is not cheap (a shrimp curry on the menu was $25). But the food quality and service are deserving of the price point in my opinion. I think they miss the mark on the appetizers which could frankly be appetizers not only in portion size but also cost, with many being pricier than mains. I also hoped for some vindaloo or chicken tikka masala on the menu but no go.

Overall, a place you could bring guests to for an upscale dining experience.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed March 4, 2019 via mobile

I have been to this restaurant on two occasions now. First time in December 2018 and the second time on Feb 8th 2019. I had made earlier reservations each time.
They welcome you with a starter drink, mock tail served in shot glasses, which is the perfect way to incite your taste buds about the ensuing gastronomic experience. I can say that I have loved most of what I have tried so far.. be it Tomato Dhania shorba or Murgh badam shorba, Galauti kebab (loved it), maas ke shooley (which I found ok), loved the laal maas (word of caution though, try it if you like spicy food) and the nargisi kofte, never tried it before and liked it.. garlic naans were tender too.. Biriyani are okay though you can find better ones in the market!!
Would definitely recommend this place if you want to celebrate a special occasion and make it memorable as good food and a lasting experience don’t come cheap!!

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed March 2, 2019 via mobile

Enjoyed a splendid meal at Maharaja
Friday evening. Restaurant is in a quaint heritage building that gives it an eclectic
feel. Server, Jas personal service was a
nice added touch. He was
accommodating and eager to please,
offering menu suggestions that we
throughly enjoyed. Papadams, Egg
plant and Kababs starters are a must
have. As were the garlic nans, shrimp,
lamb curry, Murgh lababdar!
Variety of menu choice can be intimidating.
Can't wait to go back and try some of the other dishes.

Date of visit: March 2019
1  Thank caledongolf
Reviewed February 2, 2019

This was our first visit to this restaurant. It was recommended by an acquaintance. And wow! I would come back here in a heartbeat! The food was fantastic! The service was superb!
The variety of dishes was phenomenal. I can't say enough about how incredible the food was.
The restaurant is a boutique restaurant so it is small but it's very clean and nice and it's easy to book a reservation. I didn't find the tables too close either so even as the restaurant filled I could still have a good conversation.
Loved it! Definitely coming back.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 27, 2019

This is our third visit , as it continues to be the best in serving a variety of Indian dishes. The service was very good! The dishes as always were filled with great spices.

Date of visit: January 2019