“It Feels Like the Early Bird Special”

Peter's on Eglinton
Ranked #1 of 1,703 Restaurants in Mississauga
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Clearly the type of restaurant that Peter's on Eglinton is attracts a clientele that is looking for lunch tomorrow as well. I guess I don't mind that however, because I go for the same reason - the portions are tremendous and if you want lunch tomorrow, there is a good chance you'll have enough left over for another meal.

My wife and I went there with our nephew this week and had a feast. I have the chicken wings, which were good not great, but again, I had too much food. My wife had the souvlaki and brought enough home for lunch the next day. My nephew had a kid’s portion of fish and chips which was just normal size. Seriously, they don't have plates, they have platters.

The main reason to go is for the sandwiches. A corned beef on rye with fries and a pickle is insane. You could take the meat out of this sandwich and make two huge sandwiches. It really is a great place to go when you are starving.

There are newer reviews for Peter's on Eglinton

Reviewed June 30, 2013

This is the restaurant to go when you are "really, really, hungry". The food is excellent and I can almost guarantee you will need a doggy bag. If you are ordering the "Big solvaki dinner" it is huge!!!!! It takes about 30 minutes for your order but it is totally worth the wait.

There corn beef sandwich is the best in Ontario...you will not be able to finish it!

Really nice décor and very friendly staff.

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

We had smoked meat sandwiches, quite tasty and large. Fries and coleslaw also good. Service good, free parking, recommended.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Food is decent but I hope this place feeds the poor with what they waste in food. Portions are way too large for the average appetite.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Great Greek food served in abundance. Too much food, really! You'll roll out of there with leftovers for the next day or two + an aching belly. The souvlaki, however, is very, very good!