“Food, Food and More Food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Peter's on Eglinton

Peter's on Eglinton
Ranked #2 of 1,636 Restaurants in Mississauga
Cuisines: Greek, Canadian, Delicatessen
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pittsburgh, PA
“Food, Food and More Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Did I mention food? This popular deli is not for those of you watching your weight or tracking cholesterol. It's about the meat and fries and sandwiches and coleslaw and meat and meat. Love this place. Wimps stay away, please. It only ruins it for the rest of us.

• Visited March 2013

“HORRIBLE SERVICE!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

What a disappointment :( My husband and I have been going for many years (8+) and actually it was one of the first places we ate when we started dating. We always ranted to family and friends about the portions and even the service from our wait staff. Unfortunately this evening was not the case... :( We were celebrating my dads 70th birthday and were embarrassed for suggesting Peters. Our group of 8 adults, 3 toddlers and 2 infants were squeezed at a table where the chairs arms were touching each other and you struggled to move any which way. We then waited 35mins before my sister decided to ask if we could order our drinks and possibly even appetizers. No one asked us if we wanted anything. Eventually our food arrived, 1hour and 10mins later and then the fun began... No ketchup, things missing and the hot water that I had ordered to mix my 7month olds cereal was still no where to be found (30mins it takes to order hot water, ridiculous!) Of course I'm feeling a little bad Because its my dads 70th and we're getting treated like crap, no ones happy and the kids are hungry! To top off this wonderful night, one person asked for a doggy bag and one of the managers comes over a minute later with the debit machine demanding my husbands card.... Thanks for rushing us. As some of us begin putting on coats and others are still sitting 3 of the waitresses rush over and start cleaning the table... My sister got hit with a 'wet table cleaning cloth' and my mom got pushed a couple times. I am sad to say, that was the last time I will ever step into that restaurant... I drove 1hr from Brantford to join in a special celebratory dinner for my father's 70th birthday and I'm starting to think that McDonalds would have done just fine... At least I get a smile with my meal :( HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE SERVICE!!!

5 Thank LIDSss
Mississauga, Canada
“Best Smoked Meats in Mississauga”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Large portions of smoked meat sandwiches. Fresh. The place is always busy. The service is fast and friendly. Every time I drive by I feel like stopping in for one of the corn beef sandwiches. Good value for your money. Bright sunny decor. A winner.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank CanuckontheGo56
London, Ontario, Canada
“Greek in Name only”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Ate here on a business trip with a group - so this was not my pick. Portions are huge. The salad was overdressed and had far too much garlic. My grilled chicken was enough for a small family and was over charred on the outside and dry inside. We saw the portions going to other tables and shook our heads. Wasteful and unhealthy. I had been hoping for some good Greek food - but Souflaki was the closest thing that I saw - and the Greek salad was more like a Caesar with some tomatoes and a couple of sad black olives. If you like lots of food - knock yourself out! But I will not return.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Karen L
Essex
“Fred's good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

Fred's had very good food and excellent service, another restaurant had recommended Fred's because they had a private function at theirs, this is where they go when they eat out.

Visited January 2013