“Great Japanese Food”

Good for: Families with children
Toronto, Canada
“Great Japanese Food”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

It was a busy Friday evening, we had to wait for awhile to get our table. Staff was very friendly and she tried her best to get us our table. The sushi and sashimi were good and fresh. Donkatsu was also good.
The waiters gave us free soup and appetizers because of the long wait. We will definitely return

• Visited September 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gone downhill. Will not return.”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Gone downhill. Would not eat here again.

My family used to come here all the time but the quality of their food and service have gone way downhill in recent years.

On my last visit, I ordered the Katsu Dong and was surprised to find that the pork had gone bad. I brought this to our waiter's attention and he looked at me like I was trying to scam him. After about 20 minutes of "inspecting" my food in the kitchen (at this point my family had finished their meals) he came back to tell me they'd make me a new meal. I would normally be very appreciative of attempts to correct a problem but I was not impressed by the fact that I had to eat alone!

Last night we went back to give them a second chance. Our rolls came to our table looking like someone smashed them onto the plate. It honestly looked like they fell off the plate and the chef just slapped them back on haphazardly. My meal came 15 minutes before everyone else's and by the time their food came, mine was cold! When the other dishes came, the waitress put the tray full of our food on a neighboring table (there was a couple sitting there!!!) The looks of disbelief that we exchanged with the couple were priceless. I cannot believe that anyone in the service industry would actually set a serving tray on someone else's table. Ridiculous.

I will not be returning to this "restaurant".

1 Thank Mycl1031
New Jersey
“Good, affordable, clean, friendly, Japanese, some Korean”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Went first time and arrived shortly before their closing time. Yet, the staff was friendly, quick but not pushy.

My choices were Seeweed soup, seafood salad and sashimi of 4 different fish. All seemed to be fresh, were well prepared (not overly fancy, but nicely decorated), and well tasting. They came out of order and in short distance, but the soup was still too hot for me to eat and had just been prepared.

I cannot speak to the authenticity, as I am not Japanese nor have I spent any significant time in Japan, but I certainly sampled a fair number of Japanese restaurants around the world and this is one of the better neighborhood restaurants.

Prices were very reasonable.

• Visited June 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Better than average”
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Japanese-Korean cuisine has a lot of options. The sushi is very good, much better than the 'all you can eat sushi restaurants', but not exceptional. Good variety of cooked foods, all done nicely. Have been dining here for years and is consistently good. For suburbia Mississauga, a very good choice.

• Visited April 2012
Mississauga, Canada
“This is my family's favourite Japanese Korean”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Half of them love the tempura - they've got their frying technique down pat. The other half love the sushi and maki. I love the Korean dishes

Visited February 2012