“Fantastic Japanese & Korean Cuisine” 5 of 5 stars

After Rain Thai Restaurant
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Mississauga
“Fantastic Japanese & Korean Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My friend and I had dinner at After Rain on Sunday, May 19th and we both thoroughly enjoyed it.

Décor: Very nice, upscale, with booths and private dining areas. The high-end, upscale interior makes you want to dress-up to come to this restaurant which is a good thing.

Service: Excellent, quick, helpful. Our server was nice, friendly, informative (she answered all of our questions in detail with a smile). At the end of our dinner they brought us the bill and when we asked them if they could bring us two separate bills they graciously accommodated us and brought us 2 bills very quickly again with a smile.

Food: Delicious! I had only eaten Korean food once before, and it was several years ago, and after asking our server exactly what Bulgogi was, and her describing it, I decided to order it. It came with many different items: miso soup, a small salad, another small vegetable dish (it was like a Korean coleslaw), 3 small bowls of condiment type items, a bowl of rice and then the hot skillet of the bulgogi (barbequed marinated beef). Every item was flavourful and tasty. I was completely full (and I am a big eater) after the meal and this is the only reason I did not order dessert. The fact that this dish was under $17 is amazing value for the money.

I forget the specific dish that my friend ordered but he really enjoyed his meal as well and his was well under $20 also.

Throughout the meal they kept bringing us complimentary hot tea which was very nice and soothing.

We were first time customers of this restaurant and based on our excellent experience we will definitely go back. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone including people who have never tried Japanese or Korean food.

Toronto
“JAPANESE KOREAN, not THAI”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I would like to start off with that the atmosphere for this place is breath taking, the prices were very reasonable and food was fresh. I always order for the "turtle roll" or love boat and chirashi sushi when i go there. The mango roll is good too! Miso soup and small appetizers are always given when you order any food item and you'll get a slice of fresh orange after your meal.

• 4 of 5 stars
Slovenia
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is one of my favorite restaurants. Great food, fast and friendly service and cozy ambiance. I eat here with my husband quite often and have celebrated a couple of birthdays here too. What I like is the space around tables, it feels private not crammed like most other places. And the food is just delicious.

Mississauga, Canada
“Love the sushi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

A great restaurant! Fantastic sushi and tempura... The service is quick and friendly, and they always bring free appetizers and treats to sample before your entree comes.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
Mississauga, Canada
“"Weather has no influence on this restaurants delicious food and good atmosphere."”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We come here allready many times with my wife,with our family and with our friends.
The experience of the atmosphere, exellent service and absolutely delicious food will transfer you to state of feeling not to be in Mississauga, but somewhere in Japan or any other Asian nice and beautifull place.
I love the soups selection, wide variety of salads and amazing sushi, sashimi and plenty of side dishes. We enjoy makerel as appetizer and I love all tasty dishes with eel and do not forget green tea acompany all foods.
If you are Japanese food lover and like friendly place this is the restaurant to visit.

• Visited January 2013