“Sad it is NEVER open”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Love this place, have been a regular for years. However lately hours are next to nil and they don't answer the phone....

If anyone knows anything please share

Bar a' sit is now I guess

Boo hoo

5  Thank Mary F

Reviewed August 7, 2013

The best chana rotis in the GTA. Friendly service and quirky decor make this place memorable for all the right reasons. Must eat here!

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

All i can say this was my first time here today and not last) i finally opened myself to some new cuisine and i can say the curry chicken roti was one of the best fiods EVER i tried!!! The customer service was so nice it is only take out but it was quick and very good value)) Roti was Huge) am officially addicted now) good i moved close by) definitly a hidden gem on lakeshore. trust me i have eaten out alot and this food tops all!

1  Thank Lerochka S
Reviewed June 7, 2013

When I need a great lunch to distract me from a bad day at work, I often head over to Barb's for a hot Chicken Roti.

Never hungry afterwards and the taste is great - tasty, spicy, comfort in a messy package.

Be sure you have cash to pay as Barb's doesn't accept debit or credit - cash only.

Be sure to check out the press articles around and if feeling adventurous, ask about them. 'nuff said, I don't want to spoil the surprise or incriminate myself in something I can't get myself out of... :)

2  Thank Carguy71
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Barb's Roti has overall, the best roti in Toronto. I have eaten there for 25 years and I've had others. Excellent quality ingredients and flavour. Nice and hot - great curry consistancy - top quality roti pastry. I like the small shrimp, but chicken, goat, large shrimp, beef and chana are all excellent. Top quality potatoes and peas also. Never any stray bones or fat hidden inside. (I'm not so fond of the taste of the jerk chicken roti, though - the flavour doesn't taste like proper Jamaican jerk to me - maybe because Barb is Guyanese!) Great service from Barb, Patrick and their Son - A great honest family business). Keep going strong folks! (Take away only; Takes 5-10 mins prep time; No phone-in orders)

1  Thank MLY62